Hardest Working Band ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
edited February 2008 in Other Music
give me your opinions ,all this talk of pj doing one show brought me this thought who is the hardest working band ...i can think of a few

AEROSMITH they allways seem to tour

DMB they are allways touring also

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS also come to mind

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    The Village People....just look at them! It's like they just got off work! No time to change thier clothes!
  • im gonna go with the hip right now. the tragically hip. they are touring machines. and they immediately go right back to the studio, cut another kick ass album and tour all over again, in succession. they work harder than james brown.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Jose I gotta agree with the ABB...haven't they been on tour for 40 years now??? Seems like it.
    I love to turn you on
  • The Rolling Stones

Um sorry for shouting, the Rolling Stones.

not only are they hard working, but they have like the greatest show too! they give it their all! (no age jokes either, people...I mean seriously how many of you 20-30 year olds can run the ENTIRE length of a baseball outfield WHILE singing and SHIMMYING...yeah didn't think so.)

They postponed a few shows due to Mick's father passing and even though he was fresh from the funeral...you couldn't tell. SHOWMANSHIP and Hardwork, and they give you the money's worth.

fuck yeah...the Stones.

plus studio work, and side projects...who's with me on this one???
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    The Rolling Stones

Um sorry for shouting, the Rolling Stones.

not only are they hard working, but they have like the greatest show too! they give it their all! (no age jokes either, people...I mean seriously how many of you 20-30 year olds can run the ENTIRE length of a baseball outfield WHILE singing and SHIMMYING...yeah didn't think so.)

They postponed a few shows due to Mick's father passing and even though he was fresh from the funeral...you couldn't tell. SHOWMANSHIP and Hardwork, and they give you the money's worth.

fuck yeah...the Stones.

plus studio work, and side projects...who's with me on this one???

Seeing them at 4 straight shows back in '97 in Oaktown made me a believer. Granted, I haven't had the urge to see them since, their performance was awe inspiring! Mick is truly amazing, Keith is just Keith, Ron is great but stays aside sort of like Entwistle would allow the music to do the talking, and Charlie is the fucking man!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Stones are a phenomenal live act...saw them 2x in the last tour...and i agree with you both...they're great...but the constant touring crown doesn't go to them. if that's what Jose is talking about, then I can't cast a vote for them.
    I love to turn you on
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Seeing them at 4 straight shows back in '97 in Oaktown made me a believer. Granted, I haven't had the urge to see them since, their performance was awe inspiring! Mick is truly amazing, Keith is just Keith, Ron is great but stays aside sort of like Entwistle would allow the music to do the talking, and Charlie is the fucking man!!!
    okay this is becoming embarrassing.

are you...my long lost brother??

(are you missing half a nutsack, because when they separated us i may have got some of your good parts.)

seriously dude, it is becoming quite uncanny...

(I would have gone with The Baycity Rollers over the Village People, but I mean, splitting hairs)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Stones are a phenomenal live act...saw them 2x in the last tour...and i agree with you both...they're great...but the constant touring crown doesn't go to them. if that's what Jose is talking about, then I can't cast a vote for them.
    Ahhhhh, mkay Big Daddy Dunne...I forgive and blow

kisses :o

well shit, constant touring?

Dave Matthews Band...I mean if the Dead don't count...because they only slowed down a bit when Jerry died.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    MR. BOBBY WEIR
    and the ratdog revue

Three tours a year.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    willie nelson....75 and a huge pothead......tours all the time.....now that's hardworking....:)
  • yeah, I really can't think of anyone who tours as much as the Stones..
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    Drive By Truckers?

Black Motorcycle Rebels?

Styx, Journey and Foriegner :D?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    yeah i forgot about the STONES ...
    1981 - Tattoo You American Tour 1981
    1982 - European Tour 1982
    1989/1990 - Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour
    1994/1995 - Voodoo Lounge Tour
    1997/1998 - Bridges To Babylon Tour North America and Europe
    1999 - No Security Tour and European Bridges To Babylon Tour
    2002/2003 - Licks Tour
    2005-2007 - A Bigger Bang Tour

8 tours in 26 years?

hardest working?

• AEROSMITH they allways seem to tour

Easy to tour all the time when you play the same songs year after year. :D

(I saw Aerosmith and Kiss a couple years ago; Kiss blew them away!!)

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• AEROSMITH

Do they even write their own songs anymore?

I'd say a band like The Ramones would have been near the top of the pack ... talk about always touring ... and getting NO album sales to thank them for it.

Maybe other punk bands that stuck to it for years with little financial incentive? X and Minor Threat\Fugazi come to mind as well.

Shit i dunno.
    This is a tough call, for sure.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I think it could be close call between Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones.Although the Foo Fighters seem to hard workers as well and tour loads.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    Do they even write their own songs anymore?

I'd say a band like The Ramones would have been near the top of the pack ... talk about always touring ... and getting NO album sales to thank them for it.

Maybe other punk bands that stuck to it for years with little financial incentive? X and Minor Threat\Fugazi come to mind as well.

Shit i dunno.
    This is a tough call, for sure.

i don't know if they still writte i've only seen them once way back but yeah if THE RAMONES were still going they allways toured i used to see them here on long island at least 3/4 times a yr ...allways a bar venue man those were the days ...
  • Get_Right wrote:
    1981 - Tattoo You American Tour 1981
    1982 - European Tour 1982
    1989/1990 - Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour
    1994/1995 - Voodoo Lounge Tour
    1997/1998 - Bridges To Babylon Tour North America and Europe
    1999 - No Security Tour and European Bridges To Babylon Tour
    2002/2003 - Licks Tour
    2005-2007 - A Bigger Bang Tour

8 tours in 26 years?

hardest working?
    Yeah, but what about the previous 50 years? haha
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    imalive wrote:
    Drive By Truckers
    The Correct answer. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club easily

Take a look at their tour schedule, they played 171 shows in 2007 alone......back and forth between the UK, US, and other countries. Each set is around 2 and a half hours in length. They also released an album and EP in the same year.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    before GARCIA passed away ,it was the DEAD they toured every single spring,summer,fall,winter it was easy to follow them ....
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club easily

Take a look at their tour schedule, they played 171 shows in 2007 alone......back and forth between the UK, US, and other countries. Each set is around 2 and a half hours in length. They also released an album and EP in the same year.

just by that # they have to be at the top i bet no other band played as many shows good call ...
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    just by that # they have to be at the top i bet no other band played as many shows good call ...

Yeah and like I said it is quite impressive that they have gone back and forth between different countries.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Yeah and like I said it is quite impressive that they have gone back and forth between different countries.

damm so i take it they will tour this summer i need to see this band but not at roooo ...
    before GARCIA passed away ,it was the DEAD they toured every single spring,summer,fall,winter it was easy to follow them ....

yeah and now its bobby and phil

more so bobby, but they still tour spring summer and fall

RATDOG at the Beacon on 4/3,4/4,4/5

which night you wanna go?
    Get_Right wrote:
    yeah and now its bobby and phil

more so bobby, but they still tour spring summer and fall

RATDOG at the Beacon on 4/3,4/4,4/5

which night you wanna go?
    SATURDAY works great for me :D
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Hardest Working Band .. is GUNS N' Roses...think about Chinese Democracy!!! :D
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    SATURDAY works great for me :D

That will be a tough ticket but I am going to try and put it together.
    Any interest in Thurs or Fri?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    one thing i know for sure

its not " work " for Bruce and The ESB.

it comes quite naturally, smoothly, and intensely.

theres a reason he's known as " The Boss " .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life