Pond
    Jollymon
    Screaming Trees
    Kyuss
    Stone Roses
    NERDS!
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    Nas

Hip Hop is Dead is his best since Illmatic.
    NERDS!
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • I disagree. Radiohead have nothing but PROVEN their potential and longevity by changing their styles so dramatically every album.

There are a few bands poised on real importance now..

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings of Leon, Strokes.. they're so close to being just remarkable,.. all they've gotta do is stick it out. All three bands are showing progression.. not sticking to their comfort zone - really pushing it sometimes. It's a very optimistic trio. :)

the strokes are really good and kings of leon are not too bad but there is no way any of those three are bands of real importance. they put some good stuff out (and KOL put on a good show) all three are nothing that special IMO.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • the strokes are really good and kings of leon are not too bad but there is no way any of those three are bands of real importance. they put some good stuff out (and KOL put on a good show) all three are nothing that special IMO.
    but they seem to have the potential to put out that kind of music to me.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • but they seem to have the potential to put out that kind of music to me.

the strokes have being around for quite a while now, so they can no longer live off their "potential". i'll make it clear that i really do like the strokes, for its some great rock and roll. but they or the other two are certainly not alterting the course of rock and roll.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    but they seem to have the potential to put out that kind of music to me.

im curious what kind of music you mean? cos king of leon and the yeah yeah yeahs will never break outside the indie universe and i dont see either of them poised to have a pixies-level influence within it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Joy Division
    Buffalo Springfield
    Cream
    The Sex Pistols
    Nas
    Biggie Smalls
    whoa i remember JOY DIVISION who was the band that spun off this one ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • whoa i remember JOY DIVISION who was the band that spun off this one ...

New Order?
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
    releeseme wrote:
    New Order?
    cool i saw them once here in NY..what ever happened to them ??
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    cool i saw them once here in NY..what ever happened to them ??

They still play sporadically; I'm hoping I get another chance to see them in the NY area
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    They still play sporadically; I'm hoping I get another chance to see them in the NY area
    yeah i would go to that, also tonight i will pull one of their cd's to listen i forget wich one i own.......
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Hip Hop is Dead is his best since Illmatic.

Yeah, its real good. But, I'm still trying to get over his lae 90's early 00's shit.

I felt it tarnished him.

Still one of the strongest MC's though. There just wasn't much room for improvement after Illmatic, a true hip-hop classic.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    days of the new, candlebox, and i even agree with that one dude who said creed's first album was good, not really awesome but good. . .also not mentioned:

big wreck
    gin blossoms
    black lab

and a weird one:
    beatles. let me explain. yeah they were great but it would have been really interesting to see what kind of music they would have put out in the 70's had they stayed together
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
    days of the new, candlebox, and i even agree with that one dude who said creed's first album was good, not really awesome but good. . .also not mentioned:

big wreck
    gin blossoms
    black lab

and a weird one:
    beatles. let me explain. yeah they were great but it would have been really interesting to see what kind of music they would have put out in the 70's had they stayed together
    i tend to agree that it would of been interesting to hear what it might of been if the BEATLES had not broken up .......
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    Yeah, its real good. But, I'm still trying to get over his lae 90's early 00's shit.

I felt it tarnished him.

Still one of the strongest MC's though. There just wasn't much room for improvement after Illmatic, a true hip-hop classic.

I kinda like all his albums..that's just me though.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Pond

Now that's what I'm talking about. Those first 2 albums are perfect.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • im curious what kind of music you mean? cos king of leon and the yeah yeah yeahs will never break outside the indie universe and i dont see either of them poised to have a pixies-level influence within it.
    influence wise I'd agree, but I think they have the capacity to .. lets say go from making 3 star albums to 4 or 5 if they work hard enough. Both bands (and the Strokes too) have shown a lot of improvement and maturation with their latest efforts. I'm really excited about the new KOL.. haven't heard it yet. ( I was talking about the jump between 'youth and young manhood' and 'aha shake heartbeat'.. big improvement I think).

I don't think the old Strokes could pull off songs like "You only Live once" or "juicebox" or a handful of others from First Impressions of Earth. They're getting better all around is what I'm saying.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    influence wise I'd agree, but I think they have the capacity to .. lets say go from making 3 star albums to 4 or 5 if they work hard enough. Both bands (and the Strokes too) have shown a lot of improvement and maturation with their latest efforts. I'm really excited about the new KOL.. haven't heard it yet. ( I was talking about the jump between 'youth and young manhood' and 'aha shake heartbeat'.. big improvement I think).

I don't think the old Strokes could pull off songs like "You only Live once" or "juicebox" or a handful of others from First Impressions of Earth. They're getting better all around is what I'm saying.

ok, i think i follow you. maybe the potential to release a truly classic album or something? in any case, maybe i need to listen more carefully to kings of leon... i can hardly tell their first 2 albums apart. i hear the new one grows up a little. i kinda felt that way about the strokes from albums 1-2 vs. 3.

in that vein... brand new. the jump from their first album (a crappy, generic pop-punk album) to their most recent is mind-blowing. i don't know if i can think of any band besides silverchair that has so successfully matured beyond their initial "flavor of the moment" sound.
  • Mos Def
    NERDS!
    how about this band XTC from ENGLAND on my way to work i listened to a best of CD ,they never toured only older music fans might remember this band this one song stuck in my mind GENERALS & MAJORS one of the lines say's "GENERALS AND MAJORS ARE NEVER HAPPY UNLESS THEY HAVE A WAR " does this line hold any thruth .........
    and a weird one:

im glad they didnt. they'd have ended up like the rolling stones. a once great band turning out mediocre, cookie-cutter rock music. there's a lot to be said for quitting while you're ahead. like that seinfeld episode. it's why some bands get that mythically legendary status (led zep, nirvana, doors, beatles) and others kinda lose their mystique get labelled over-rated for turning out sub-par music after their prime (stones, u2).
  • how about this band XTC from ENGLAND on my way to work i listened to a best of CD ,they never toured only older music fans might remember this band this one song stuck in my mind GENERALS & MAJORS one of the lines say's "GENERALS AND MAJORS ARE NEVER HAPPY UNLESS THEY HAVE A WAR " does this line hold any thruth .........

XTC is pretty good. I like "The Man Who Murdered Love." Very catchy.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    im glad they didnt. they'd have ended up like the rolling stones. a once great band turning out mediocre, cookie-cutter rock music. there's a lot to be said for quitting while you're ahead. like that seinfeld episode. it's why some bands get that mythically legendary status (led zep, nirvana, doors, beatles) and others kinda lose their mystique get labelled over-rated for turning out sub-par music after their prime (stones, u2).
    so how will PJ avoid falling into that hole ......
    XTC is pretty good. I like "The Man Who Murdered Love." Very catchy.
    i was watching the video channel "THETUBE" and i saw the video for "KING FOR A DAY" that made me pull out this greatest hit CD very talented individuals ,they never toured ANDY PARTRIDGE could never get over his stage fright ............
    so how will PJ avoid falling into that hole ......

i think they already have in some sense.
    i think they already have in some sense.
    i guess i can agree do you mean as far as the new album is concerned ...
    i guess i can agree do you mean as far as the new album is concerned ...

well, i really like the new album. but the previous two were pretty mediocre. but they've also ceased to produce anything new or be particularly exciting. kinda like the stones and u2... they had huge hits, redefined rock music for a while, and now they're kinda just turning out albums for the diehard fans (though u2 is still managing some mainstream pop hits) that most of the rest of the world doesn't really care bout. as much as i love the new album, they haven't released a defining song like black, daughter, or betterman in a very long time. kinda like the stones havent had a song anywhere near the level of satisfaction or even start me up in 20 years.
    well, i really like the new album. but the previous two were pretty mediocre. but they've also ceased to produce anything new or be particularly exciting. kinda like the stones and u2... they had huge hits, redefined rock music for a while, and now they're kinda just turning out albums for the diehard fans (though u2 is still managing some mainstream pop hits) that most of the rest of the world doesn't really care bout. as much as i love the new album, they haven't released a defining song like black, daughter, or betterman in a very long time. kinda like the stones havent had a song anywhere near the level of satisfaction or even start me up in 20 years.
    yeah i can see that point of view i believe bands probably have maybe 1 to 5 songs that are very defining after that they just play off them ......