Options

Stone Temple Pilots

2»

Comments

• Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    tybird wrote:
    Anybody remember a concert that was broadcast on VH1 around the time of "No. 4"??? Very good show.

The House of Blues in Las vegas show I believe. There is some songs from that show on the DVD that came with Thank You. I also have it on VHS lol.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    I miss STP...

Definitly in my top 5 fave bands...great great great to see live.. I still can remember everything about the last show I went to, and that was in 2002.

I wish a reunion would happen...at least just one more time.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    it would be nice if they released that on dvd, id buy it in a heartbeat
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i liked stp. saw them live once on the last family values tour in 2001, right up front, they were really good, but they just play all their hits basically. i dont think they switch it up alot like pj.
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    i liked stp. saw them live once on the last family values tour in 2001, right up front, they were really good, but they just play all their hits basically. i dont think they switch it up alot like pj.

Love STP, miss them. The energy on stage is incredible. I'd seen them at a small club in Boston about 5yrs ago (saw VR there as well), one of my top 5 favorite shows. Sadly, they don't mix it up much....I'd seen them 2 nights in a row in 2003 (?) and both shows were essentially the same set list.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Yeah the setlists didnt change at all. That's my only complaint - and honestly, at this point, I'd be happier than anything to hear a greatest hits setlist just one more time.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    stpmattb wrote:
    I've never see anyone own a live show the way Scott Weiland does. He's an animal on stage.

I love both STP and Pearl Jam very much...I know there are others on here who feel the same way.

OH YEAH!!!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    There isn't anything wrong with Stone Temple Pilots!! Last time I checked anyway.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    I've loved the song Plush for aaaaages!! But i've only recently gotten into Stone Temple Pilots and MAN......... I've been missing out all these years!! So i'm on a quest to procure more of their stuff! Some of the songs just clicked and blew me away! Current faves are No memory/Sin & Crackerman!

This might be old news to some of you but the DeLeo bros are doing something new and "should" have an album out sometime this year!!!

Check it out: http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/news_frame.html?name=09292005_1
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • Options
    Speaking of Velvet Revolver, I thought their cover of Floyd's "Money" was on the Italian Job soundtrack, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know what record it's on?
  • Options
    Speaking of Velvet Revolver, I thought their cover of Floyd's "Money" was on the Italian Job soundtrack, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know what record it's on?

It was actually just in the movie. If you want it, shoot me a message on AIM (stpmattb) and I can send it to you.
  • Options
    I've loved the song Plush for aaaaages!! But i've only recently gotten into Stone Temple Pilots and MAN......... I've been missing out all these years!! So i'm on a quest to procure more of their stuff! Some of the songs just clicked and blew me away! Current faves are No memory/Sin & Crackerman!

This might be old news to some of you but the DeLeo bros are doing something new and "should" have an album out sometime this year!!!

Check it out: http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/news_frame.html?name=09292005_1

The website for the new band is http://www.armyofanyone.com
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    The website for the new band is http://www.armyofanyone.com

Cool! Strange how i didn't think to do a search for that... damn i'm smart.

Kinda weird how the guys are starting to show their age a bit now :\
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    It was actually just in the movie. If you want it, shoot me a message on AIM (stpmattb) and I can send it to you.

I actually have it, just wondering about it; thanks though.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I only know a couple of their songs, but I saw them open for the rhcp in 2000, and Scott was amazing as a performer.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Whats everyones opinion of STP? I know when they first came out they were labeled as a PJ rip off and everything. I really don't see the comparison though? Anyways, they're one of my top 3 favourite bands of all time. They're so damn good. Scott Weiland is just amazing.

I think their best cd is Purple. But Core is awesome too.

nothing wrong with them. they were a good soild rock band. a little boring in concert but lots of bands are boring in concert.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    i dig scott weiland and his crazy antics
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    Stone Temple Pilots was such an amazing band. Great songs and great live performances. Scott Weiland is definitely a "rock star" which may be why some people don't care for him.

I also like Velvet Revolver. I've seen both bands and both shows were fantastic.

I hope that one day Stone Temple Pilots reunites!

Are you an our lady peace fan by any chance?
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    ST Muthafuckin P!!!
    Incredible band and quite underrated, but I think that is their own fault (or Scott's anyway). They put on a great live show. It was a better show back in 1997 than it was in the early 2000's, but it was still great. The setlists did not change much, but I guess I got lucky seeing a chunk of SLDD at the RRTF and then the AC and NYC shows, which they did throw a few songs into that they did not play all that much... VR is ok, and I am sure Army of Anyone will be good too, because the DeLeos are friggin awesome, but none of their projects will compare with STP.

The only thing I can remember about the STP / Pearl Jam comparison from back in the day was that Weiland made a lot of Eddie Vedder. Like faces Scott made in the Wicked Garden video...they were ones like Eddie made in Jeremy...with rolling his eyes to the top of his head while looking all intense and shit. In any case I could never understand why people couldn't like both bands and felt like if they were fans of one of them they automatically could not be fans of the other. I know there are a lot of exceptions, but there are a lot of Pearl Jam fans that hate STP because they think they were trying to be a PJ ripoff. There are also a lot of STP fans that hate Pearl Jam because of the accusation of being a PJ ripoff. Shit, they both make (made) incredible music, so to me, for someone to dismiss one for stupid reasons is their own problem and they are the ones missing out. I love it all!
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479

Its on the Slither single.

They're best cover has to be Surrender though. That song is awesome.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    *edit*

double post...
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    "Interstate Love Song" is one of the best "Songs to crank while driving"..
    in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    ved_zepved_zep Posts: 50
    My favourite band of all time (yes even over PJ, dont hate me....)
    Scott weiland is the best and dean de leo is my favourite guitarist.
    they just have that psychadelic side which i cant find in pearl jams music (no disrespect). it kind of doors-esque.
    oh and interstate love song and still remains are probably the 2 greatest songs of all time and can be listened to over and over without sounded old or becoming boring
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    0-|-2
    2-2-2-|-2
    0-|
    -|
    0---|-2----0h7h9---7vvv--2-2-2-|-2----0h7h9--7-9b10r9-7-0-|
    -|-10\
    |-0-/7
    0-0-0-|-0-/7
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,997
    edited July 2021
    https://youtu.be/-3ejNtck0ns

this aired yesterday. 1997 Panama City, FL
    Post edited by LukinFan on
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,525
    As much credit and admiration that this band has/had, I still think they were severely underrated.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    Gibson said:
    As much credit and admiration that this band has/had, I still think they were severely underrated.
    agreed. they never shook that initial "grunge copycats" label to most people. But after Core, each album was something different, with clear influences that had nothing to do with grunge or metal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Anyone check out their Special Editions? They're pretty great. Gorgeous packaging, great liner notes booklet with a pretty fleshy story for each album, LP, remastered album CD, demo/early version CD, and a live show CD from each album-era. The Core set, while my least favorite of these 3 albums, has an extra DVD and an MTV Unplugged CD, too. 

Couldn't be happier with these sets, and they are only like 50-bucks US each.  

I kinda dropped off the STP wagon after Tiny Music though. If they do a No. 4 release, I may check it out just based on my happiness from these. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,118
    I've listened to the digital copies, but I don't really ever play cd's anymore.

I really wish they'd these on vinyl.   I'd love to have the unplugged on vinyl, maybe they could do it for RSD or something.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I have the Purple set and LOVE it! I will have to grab those other deluxe sets too. Hmm…
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,997
    I love that live Panama City show that was included with Tiny Music...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1