Anybody Fans Of Bon Jovi on Pearl Jam.com?If so

.What are your fave albums?

.What are your fave songs?

.What other bands are you in to?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    No.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Bon Jovi is ok, nothing special.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    1. Yes.
    2. New Jersey, s/t
    3. I'd Die For you, Shot thru the Heart, Wanted Dead or Alive, Wild is the Wind, It's My Life, plenty more.

they are great at writing catchy mainstream power pop tunes. I may listen to them only once a year tops, but when I do, I am in a great mood afterwards.
  • Really can't stand them with the exception of the Slippery When Wet album. I love that record because of the nostalgia. The spring/summer it was released was one of the best ever! It does have some great songs.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    shite :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Their stuff in the middle of their career is what I prefer. These Days is by far the best Bon Jovi album (and is actually quite good by normal standards, not just Bon Jovi standards, lol), but I will occaisonally listen to the first half or so of Keep the Faith.

My favorite songs would have to be My Guitar Lies Bleeding in My Arms and Dry County. Right Side of Wrong (the only good song off of Bounce) is really great, too.

But for the most part, anything from after they came back in 2000 is utter garbage, in my opinion. But to each their own.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • I own pretty much everything from Slippery onwards, but I can only occasionally listen to any of it. Some genuine pop-rock classics though, with In These Arms standing as my current favourite. After their late-90's hiatus, everything seemed to go downhill very fast -- Richie Sambora became less and less of an influence, as far as I can tell. And Jon Bon Jovi is probably the most irritating frontman this side of Chad Kroeger.

More importantly, Richie Sambora's Stranger In This Town album is absolutely brilliant.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yes I like them.
    Fav album - These Days or Keep the Faith
    Fav songs - If I was you Mother, Dry County, Runaway, In These Arms, Born to be my Baby, These Days, etc etc
    Other bands I like - Far too many to list.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    More importantly, Richie Sambora's Stranger In This Town album is absolutely brilliant.

Sambora doesn't get the respect he deserves. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in my top ten guitarists list if I ever made one.
    DOSW wrote:
    Sambora doesn't get the respect he deserves. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in my top ten guitarists list if I ever made one.

I really like his solo albums. He's a great guitarist and lyricist

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    HBK2005 wrote:

sorry, but no
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
    Being from Jersey, it's almost like I don't have a choice in the matter. As for favorite album, I'd go with either Slippery When Wet or New Jersey...and only because those are pretty much what I grew up on. Favorite songs are the obvious ones, Livin' on a Prayer, Wanted Dead or Alive, Bad Medicine, You Give Love a Bad Name, Raise Your Hands, etc...
    All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

• DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Please tell me you're either a woman or under the age of 15
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • I think they are ok, not in Pearl Jam's league, but ok

I have Have a Nice Day, Bounce, and the hits cd

I am seeing them this Sunday in Pittsburgh
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • DCGARDEN wrote:
    Please tell me you're either a woman or under the age of 15

I don't see why Bon Jovi are regarded as woman's/kid's music... Sure, it doesn't have the same depth as Pearl Jam, but they're entertaining as hell in concert... Up until Keep The Faith, they made damn good party music. Keep The Faith and These Days were solid rock records (especially These Days). I do, as I said previously, think that they've declined massively since Crush. Their lyrics became 'scoially aware'... ie: crappy: "When you're about to give up/ And your heart's about to break/ Remember that you're perfect/ God makes no mistakes" = RUBBISH. But there is nothing wrong with ANYBODY liking Bon Jovi for sheer entertainment. Sometimes you don't want heavy messages in your music, and bands like Bon Jovi and Guns n Roses fill that spece perfectly.

Sorry, I didn't mean to rant like that. I get very defensive of stadium rock... ;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    HBK2005 wrote:

i was, before i had hair on my balls.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    Seriously?
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
    To the person who started this thread:
    You do realise that you aren't allowed to like any band that the majority of people on this forum don't like. ;)

Nothing like having different music tastes :rolleyes:

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I think they are ok, not in Pearl Jam's league, but ok

I have Have a Nice Day, Bounce, and the hits cd

I am seeing them this Sunday in Pittsburgh

Why are you comparing them to Pearl Jam for fucks sake?!! They aren't even similar! Gah!!

It's ok to like a band you know and not to have to explain yourself

Rockin' out to Creadles
    djerdap wrote:
    I am honestly in shock that there are people who listen both The Bon Jovi Catastrophe and Pearl Jam.

Well please go and take your shock elsewhere :p

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I used to be a huge Bon Jovi fan till a few years ago..post Crush I hardly listen to them and my tastes changed.
    Fave albums - These Days, Keep the Faith, Slippery When Wet.
    Fave songs - Dry County, These Days, My guitar lies bleeding in my arms, Someday I'll be saturday night, Let it rock.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    HBK2005 wrote:

An Chovi blows.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Are you people SERIOUS?
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    elstongunn wrote:
    i was, before i had hair on my balls.

lol...you were "Livin on a Prayer" that you'd get some hair on your balls.

"Tommy wants some hair on his balls."
    "Right now they're really bald."
    "But he wants some pubes."
    "It's tough......So tough."
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • U2rocksU2rocks Posts: 89
    I like Bon Jovi, but I didn't care for them back in the day. And to blow others peoples ideas that if I like them that I have awful taste in music....
    Here are some other groups and singers I like.

U2
    REM
    Pearl Jam
    Led Zepplin
    The Beatles
    Miles Davis
    John Coltrane

And many other artists....so there goes that theory.....
    I can't believe the damn intolerance on here... so what if people like Bon Jovi?

You would think there would be more respect for other opinions on a PJ message board.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Horrible
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • for me, it's just weird. pearl jam is GOOD music, and bon jovi is HORRIBLE, cheese-tastic music. i just don't see where the 2 meet.

but, hey, more power to ya. just my opinion. i do think that the people who like bon jovi aren't liking it for the same reasons they like pearl jam.

EXACTLY :)
    I don't look to Bon Jovi for deep lyrics or, indeed, good lyrics of any kind. They're good party music, and they used to have some guitar parts worth learnin...(not anymore, since Jon started playin on ALL THE SONGS)

Pearl Jam are food for the soul...
    Bon Jovi are a packet of crisps and a six-pack.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    ew
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!