Options

Classic rock

2»

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Perhaps try some Neil young. I would suggest picking up his live album LIVE RUST.

It gives you some of his softer acoustic ballads and his loud distorted guitar songs as well.

but if you are looking for albums Harvest or Rust never sleeps might be good starters
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    intodeep wrote:
    Perhaps try some Neil young. I would suggest picking up his live album LIVE RUST.

It gives you some of his softer acoustic ballads and his loud distorted guitar songs as well.

but if you are looking for albums Harvest or Rust never sleeps might be good starters
    "Decade" would also work as a retrospective.......the price can be a deal breaker on that collection.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    pj_zombie wrote:
    So far Led Zeppelin I is my favorite album of theirs followed by IV then II. How Many More Times is definately my favorite Zep song at the moment as well.

Today I borrowed that GnR album Appetite for Destruction as well as Jimi Hendrix 'Band of Gypsies' from someone at college. I think I'm going to get some of Hendrix's stuff but the GnR album was a bit meh. I love the music and guitars but the lyrics are pretty bad to me. It was worth a shot though.

I like Gn'R. Perhaps you would like to check out GN'R Lies (an acoustic album), and the epic Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. In UYI I you'll find November Rain, Don't Cry, Live and Let Die, Dust N' Bones, etc. And in UYI II you'll find Civil War, Yesterdays, the cover of Knockin' on Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, among others.

A lot of people prefer these albums to Appetite for Destruction. Maybe you'll like those better :D

Hope that helps! :)

p.s.: My fav Led Zeppelin songs at the moment are Dazed and Confused, Over the Hills and Far Away, In My Time of Dying, and The Ocean :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    any early stuff from black sabbath, the guitarist is awsome and ozzy osbourne has an amazing voice!!!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!