Options

+$16, FUCK YOU Ticketmaster!

2»

Comments

• Options
    how about, you shut the fuck up...if you have nothing to contribute don't speak

the price is what it is you idiot, either pay it or have your uncle stay home. 80 bucks to see pearl jam is fair, we have been spoiled over the years with extremely low ticket price for the show you get. so stop your whining.
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MisterEMisterE Posts: 13
    It's like anything else. The concert industry will keep charging whatever they think they can get away with. Between sporting events and concerts, it's almost sickening what live entertainment costs these days. Maybe thats why I find myself less interested.....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    chromiam wrote:
    Again its not a scam or sneaky anything. And who says the facility charges less rent to the promoter because of it??? The promoter rents the venue, now the venue has the right to charge them a fee to help maintain the facility. But why should the band and the promoter pay to maintain a facility they may only use once every 3 to 5 years??? So, the ticket purchaser pays the fee.. is it right??? hmmm maybe, maybe not. Is it legal?? sure it is.. Is it a scam?? Hell no, its stated loud and clear and plain to see what the charge is for and if you don't like it, then don't buy tickets.

As for what most businesses do... yes they do add fees, its called raising the cost of goods or services they perform. And the band's take is only based on the face value of the ticket, not the gross value after fees and taxes. So there is no shielding at all. In actuality, its more open than if the tickets were priced at a flat fee without any fees or taxes listed.

Comparing the concert biz to "what most businesses do" doesn't apply here.

Do you have expertise in the field, or are your opinions based on generalizations?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    When the WPB show went on sale I got 2 tickets for my uncle to go see them since he's been dying to see them since 2000. 9.95 convenience charge (very convenient!) plus 6.95 facility charge?

The 62$ ticket turned into an 80$ ticket
    I'm surprized that anyone is surprized.
    The thing you have to do is factor in the increase. If the ticket price says $65.00... the cost will be $82.00. Keeps you from pulling out your hair.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    MisterE wrote:
    It's like anything else. The concert industry will keep charging whatever they think they can get away with. Between sporting events and concerts, it's almost sickening what live entertainment costs these days. Maybe thats why I find myself less interested.....

I have to say that I agree. Maybe one of the things that pisses everyone off is the we are being scammed by these "business people" and they are making as much off of these events as the band.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    the price is what it is you idiot, either pay it or have your uncle stay home. 80 bucks to see pearl jam is fair, we have been spoiled over the years with extremely low ticket price for the show you get. so stop your whining.
    that's the thing: we have no choice.

they call it 'convenience' charge but in fact held you hostage since you have no other choice than going through them.

I'd rather they be honest and put it all in the face since you can't pay less anyway...it's not MY problem who gets what, the total of what I have to pay is what I care about.
    and that way they would have to give us back all of it if they cancel!