Options

there all alike

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dabba wrote:
    I don't know, I think they're refreshing. I didn't think the album would be all that good but I was pleasantly surprised, I'm looking forward to hearing what they come up with next. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Not so much disagreement. I like to listen to them too. I'm not crazy about them but refreshing is a good way to put it. But regarding the original poster's frustration with the current music scene I thought the Monkeys wouldn't be a good idea since they're not really profound and original. But they make some fun music.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    according to NME it is the 5th best British album of all time.

of course I don't plan on listening to it, I'm not that huge a fan of dance-rock
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    according to NME it is the 5th best British album of all time.

of course I don't plan on listening to it, I'm not that huge a fan of dance-rock

It's almost ridiculous how much NME hypes those guys. Albums need time to be great it's a joke to call an album 5th best britsh album of all time before it is even released. If magazines do something like that, it makes them seem uninformed IMO.

But aside from that I think you should take a listen, they're not really dance-rock like Franz Ferdinand are. They just a a good groove going and are fun too listen too. You shouldnt take them as seriously as PJ or Built To Spill, but for a quick listen they're pretty good.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?