Options

10,000+ 10c Members at MSG!! (I think...)

2»

Comments

• Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    meme wrote:
    Hi.

I missed out on the 10c sale, so I had to log in to ticketmaster today because I NEEDED a ticket and INTENDED to buy it. I came up with section 314. It's three levels up, partly behind the stage... Ugh...
    had it not been for the idiots trying the presale to see what they would get I might have ended up with section 40, which I would have not ughed at.

Ugh.

I would have bought the MSG single for myself if it came up better than that... I did the same thing in Hartford and got sixth row... I bought that one and now my son and my buddy will sit in my fan club tix in Hartford...

I needed another because someone else wants to go to MSG too... Now they'll need to get their own... My friend didn't want anything on the far side of center...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    I would have bought the MSG single for myself if it came up better than that... I did the same thing in Hartford and got sixth row... I bought that one and now my son and my buddy will sit in my fan club tix in Hartford...

I needed another because someone else wants to go to MSG too... Now they'll need to get their own... My friend didn't want anything on the far side of center...

I'm sorry, I guess I'll take it out on the real idiots or just find a more productive use of my time :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    hmmm.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    guys have a look at the article i wrote about tenclub ticketing. it should probably give you an idea of how many tenclub garden seats are going to be available.

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/blog/

i got section 96, row L
    excellent article.

and despite the glitch with MSG and Hartford (which might have very well be sorted seeing how smoothly Mansfield 1 & 2 and Camden 2 went), the staggering of sale, which we had been clamouring for, made a huge difference!

If you don't believe me you obviously didn't spend the extremely frustrating 5 hours it took to secure (or not) Wembley tickets (and the other shows on sale at the same time) last year!

you want to know the secret to securing 10c tickets now there's a limited supply:
    make friends! :D
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    meme wrote:
    I'm sorry, I guess I'll take it out on the real idiots or just find a more productive use of my time :)

It's frustrating I know... I only put in for one... Did you search for two? That'll be the difference...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    distantsun wrote:
    hmmm.

I may have asked you this already but I forgot. Are you gonna be at MSG?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    distantsundistantsun Posts: 265
    yosi wrote:
    I may have asked you this already but I forgot. Are you gonna be at MSG?

betach!
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    distantsun wrote:
    betach!

Achla!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    rspinarspina Posts: 37
    The ticket allotment for the first fanclub presale (through the tenclub) was 20% of the arena so 4,000 seats. The second presale that happened wednesday was 10% of the arena so 2,000 seats. That puts 6,000 fan club members at each show if everyone who purchased today was a fan club member. Let's hope all fan club members got tickets today.
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    I got shut out of 10c sale for both nights (first time ever) Got sec 201 row c from Tm 10c presale today for night II. Always liked the floor better (more energy) so I hope that the fans sitting next to me are true fans who wanna rock it out!!!

Sitting !!! is this common that in the US you are not allowed to stand on your seat.....
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    vest71 wrote:
    Sitting !!! is this common that in the US you are not allowed to stand on your seat.....

I rarely see people sitting down at PJ shows, springsteen shows on the other hand, thats a different story. You can stand at your seat, but should you stand ON your seat, thats asking for trouble. Do it in front or my girlfriend and expect a punch in the kidney.
  • Options
    you know that there are probably 3,000 or 4,000 scalpers that got on this morning and bought tickets.......
    Kansas City 1998, Kansas City 2000, EV- Santa Cruz 2008, EV- Berkeley #1 2008, EV- Berkeley #2 2008, Outside Lands 2009, Seattle #2 2009, Portland 2009, LA #3 2009, LA #4 2009, SD 2009, KC 2010, STL 2010, CBUS 2010, Indy 2010, Cle 2010, Buffalo 2010, Boston 2010, Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010, MSG 2 2010, PJ20 1 2011, PJ20 2 2011, Midtown 2012, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013, OKC 2013, STL 2014, Tulsa 2014, Lincoln 2014.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Lets do a little more math here...

If there are 44 seats per row on the floor and 26 rows per floor section times 3 sections (not including sections 34-38)

44x26x3 = 3,432 floor seats

Now, I have yet to see anybody that got seats in the side loge sections for Wednesday's presale and I did not see anybody that got SIDE seats in the 100's. So you have to assume those are either allocated for 10C members and/or being saved for the public onsale. If they are already reserved for 10C members. I would have to guess and say that is another 3,000-4,000 seats, putting the combined number at about 7,000.

Now that is not including the numbers from the presale on Wednesday, which going purely by guessing sold about another 1,500 seats.

So, at this point I would have to say if today's seats were truly the best available taking to account season tickets. I would say that there were about 8,000 10C tickets reserved for each MSG show.

If today's seats were not the best, we are looking at less. It will be very interesting to see on Friday what kinds of seats people get. I would have to guess there will be better seats than were offered today, but that is just a guess.

One thing to take into consideration is that "best seating" is often subjective. For instance, today I got section 312 seats. I would rather have those seats than level 100 seats in the back, but someone else might much rather take the 100 level seats in the back. Its all personal preference. Take that into account on Friday when someone inevitable complains that they could have gotten better seats if they waited for the public onsale...
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    this is what i believe to be true....

anyone who thinks that those shitty 300 level seats were "the next best seats available" is wrong....

True... but 300 section seats are better than No seats IMO.

I don't care where Im sitting.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    rspina wrote:
    The ticket allotment for the first fanclub presale (through the tenclub) was 20% of the arena so 4,000 seats. The second presale that happened wednesday was 10% of the arena so 2,000 seats. That puts 6,000 fan club members at each show if everyone who purchased today was a fan club member. Let's hope all fan club members got tickets today.
    Where do your numbers come from?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    It's frustrating I know... I only put in for one... Did you search for two? That'll be the difference...

No, one. That's why I am so frustrated :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    this is what i believe to be true....

anyone who thinks that those shitty 300 level seats were "the next best seats available" is wrong....

It does seem odd. They charged me a shit load for a 300 level seat. I would have paid more for a better seat at this point. But I am happy to be going. It will be a treat just to be there.
  • Options
    I have been a ten club member since 1996 and I was shut out of the pre sale on the tenclub site. If it was not for a fellow co worker I would have been shut out of tickets on the ticketmaster pre sale. I logged in right away and it said 2 minutes and kept saying that and then finally kicked me off. The whole process has been nerve wracking and I was lucky to get section 131 row A ( don't know how since it seems everyone is in the 300's) Then you look on Stubhub and Ebay with people selling these tickets for prices that are just insane making money off of the true Pearl Jam fan.
  • Options
    rspinarspina Posts: 37
    Poncier wrote:
    Where do your numbers come from?

These numbers come directly from an internal msg memo that went out to the people involved in the arena's events. Also there are 4 floor sections across at MSG for a total of 12 floor sections.
  • Options
    rasty10rasty10 Posts: 68
    I got section 309 also, but I checked out the MSG website and they show the stage from whichever section of the floor plan you click on...it's really great! It made me feel better about my 309, it actually looks pretty good from there...
    96-Prague
    98-Camden
    03-Camden
    06-Prague, Berlin, Vienna, Zagreb
    07-Katowice
    08-NYC I/II, Hartford, Mansfield I/II
  • Options
    TimansTimans Posts: 34
    Is there anyway to find out what seats you got if you bought them in 10c presale?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Timans wrote:
    Is there anyway to find out what seats you got if you bought them in 10c presale?
    no. at this stage don't think even 10c knows yet.