Van Halen irony

2»

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,702
    Dave thrives on the attention...I can't wait to hear him badmouth Wolf when things go wrong.

"It was all Eddie's idea...I didn't want a 16 in the band"

:rolleyes:

PBM
    I think for at least the short term, Eddie and Alex undestand that Dave is their meal ticket. With him, they'll sell a lot of tix, a lot of merch and possibly a lot of records if they can actually get into the studio and produce something worthwhile. But at the very least its a guarantee of a successful tour (attendance wise, performance remains to be seen) as long as they can co-exist with DLR.
    Dave has been saying for a while that the reunion was inevitable, I think he missed the big crowds and was willing to make a few concessions and play nice with Eddie in order to relive past glories.

I for one can't wait till Oct 30, if EVH is on his game it'll be the show of the year (seeing as I wasn't in Chicago recently).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Thanks for the link to that. Dave is the fuckin' man!
    I watched the VH commercial attatched to the same page and the line from Hot for Teacher at the end was awesome....
    "I heard ya missed us, we're back!"

Tarvelling out east for these shows Fanch?? haha!

No shows at this point are close to me....considering maybe hitting East Rutherford as its on a Sat night and my lady loves NYC. We may make it a long weekend.

I like how Dave always brings it home to a ground level...listening to VH tunes in the Burger King parking lot. That's what people think of when tehy think back to those days.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Poncier wrote:
    I think for at least the short term, Eddie and Alex undestand that Dave is their meal ticket.

He was their meal ticket back in '96...but that didn't last long either.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    fanch75 wrote:
    No shows at this point are close to me....considering maybe hitting East Rutherford as its on a Sat night and my lady loves NYC. We may make it a long weekend.

I like how Dave always brings it home to a ground level...listening to VH tunes in the Burger King parking lot. That's what people think of when tehy think back to those days.

Well, if you make it to the E Rutherford show, let me know, we'll hook up for the tailgate.

The best backyard barbecue band of all time!