R.E.M. Monster

13»

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I think this might be one of the most traded in cds ever. I see so many copies of it at the used cd store that I am surprised they dont pay people to take them.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    LongRd. wrote:
    I don't have any REM, which album should I start with?
    Honestly the reason why they slept on me is because I thought their music was kind of cheesy.
    I just turned 13 when Monster came out so I was still into the angst grunge still.

First REM album to start with?

it took me a while to get into them, but now i am obsessed and i listen to them non-stop. the albums that did it for me were murmur and life's rich pageant. those albums are a lot different than the stuff in the 90s, but in my opinion everything through automatic for the people is their best. those albums are my recommendation.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    LongRd. wrote:
    I don't have any REM, which album should I start with?
    Honestly the reason why they slept on me is because I thought their music was kind of cheesy.
    I just turned 13 when Monster came out so I was still into the angst grunge still.

First REM album to start with?

Get "In Time: The Best of R.E.M.". It's got all the songs you probably already know - Losing My Religion, Man on the Moon, Kenneth, etc. It's a great way to get introduced to them if you're not familiar with their stuff.

After that, go for anything - I think all of their albums are good, though a lot of people differ on what they like and dislike. Automatic For the People and Out of Time were their biggest sellers.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin