U2 whats up with that

larslars Posts: 524
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Stop all these U2 threads. Before Pearl Jam claimed their love to U2 no one ever commented or wrote about U2 and suddenly they´re the new fucking hype in town. Apart from being long time rockbands they have nothing in common. Different time, music and love. Now U2 are collaborating with Green Day....what´s next a threesome with U2, PJ and Shakira.
You can´t trust a vegetarian.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What's wrong with green day ?????
  • larslars Posts: 524
    What's wrong with green day ?????
    Probably nothing if you´re under 16
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    This is the "Other Music" forum, isn't it? Who is forcing you to read them, anyway?
  • lars wrote:
    Probably nothing if you´re under 16

I'm a lot older than 16 and I like Green Day.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    cutback wrote:
    This is the "Other Music" forum, isn't it? Who is forcing you to read them, anyway?
    Same guy forcing you to be a jerk
    Jammin909 wrote:
    I'm a lot older than 16 and I like Green Day.
    Don´t be proud of that
  • lars wrote:

There are two main U2 threads. One with the new song and one with updated U2 info- not a big deal. I have had to put up with 100's of TOOL threads....

Get over it.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
    lars wrote:
    Having a bad day, pal? You asked a stupid question, you got a stupid answer. And you bitch about a lot of U2 thread by making one? Genius!:)
  • I think that green day is not that bad, and I like U2.

Where is the fucking problem with that ???

If you hate them so much , why you waste your time talking about them ??
    cutback wrote:
    Having a bad day, pal? You asked a stupid question, you got a stupid answer. And you bitch about a lot of U2 thread by making one? Genius!:)
    Wow that was really a good point. I guess you´re so right. Can you delete this thread for me?
    I think that green day is not that bad, and I like U2.

Where is the fucking problem with that ???

If you hate them so much , why you waste your time talking about them ??
    Just expressing an opinion....or is it so that you only can express your opinions when they´re regarding possitive issues? Cleverman?
    lars wrote:
    Wow that was really a good point. I guess you´re so right. Can you delete this thread for me?
    My pleasure. I can't help you with the deletion part.;)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Jammin909 wrote:
    There are two main U2 threads. One with the new song and one with updated U2 info- not a big deal. I have had to put up with 100's of TOOL threads....

Get over it.

no shit. the u2 threads pale in comparison to the number of audioslave and tool threads ive had to endure...
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i think the endless stream of tool, audioslave, and chris cornell threads should be a bigger concern, especially because U2 is fucking amazing and people liked them way before Pearl Jam mentioned they liked them considering U2 was out over ten fucking years earlier. Also, what the fuck does U2 being remotely close to Pearl Jam have to do with us liking them and posting about them? We got threads about jazz artists, rap artists...its a wide spectrum. Thats what other music is for. Looks to me like you got a whole lot of complaint threads to start eh.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • If we had a U2 discussion for every damn Tool discussion then I could see it being a problem..until then, if you don't like U2 then don't read about them....get over it. Some people are so fucking uptight. There are many many many new indie bands talked about on here that I have never heard of and probably will....but I don't bitch about it.

http://www.myspace.com/ramon1972
    Mudvayne would beat the crap out of U2 in a celebrity death match....that´s why they fucking suck
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    lars wrote:
    Mudvayne would beat the crap out of U2 in a celebrity death match....that´s why they fucking suck

yeah im sure the fucking halloween creatures from mudvayne could take down Eddie, does that mean Pearl Jam sucks too
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    lars wrote:

god, you are the worst charicature of a mentally incompetent metalhead ive ever seen. have fun wearing all black, acting angry, beating up kids half your size, and injecting steroids.
    god, you are the worst charicature of a mentally incompetent metalhead ive ever seen. have fun wearing all black, acting angry, beating up kids half your size, and injecting steroids.
    :D Steroids - lol
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    d 'oh !

pearl jam , like u2 , are amazing .

:D
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    i think the endless stream of tool, audioslave, and chris cornell threads should be a bigger concern .

Why would that be a concern.Cornell, all his projects and Tool own anything that U2 has ever done and the volume of threads about them is a pretty good indication that people consider them incredibly talented. By the way that new song with Greenday and U2 is the biggest piece of crap on the radio right now.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Why would that be a concern.Cornell, all his projects and Tool own anything that U2 has ever done and the volume of threads about them is a pretty good indication that people consider them incredibly talented. By the way that new song with Greenday and U2 is the biggest piece of crap on the radio right now.
    Thats your opinion. I think U2 is better than Cornell or Tool. I like all three though.. and Green Day is OK.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838

Let's put this in perspective. This is a Pearl Jam board, so of course people are going to talk more about Chris Cornell. And since it is a Pearl Jam board, people are elitists and any band that is highly acclaimed by the general public (like U2) is frowned upon.

So, in the real world....U2 can sell out any venue for as long as they want to, at any price. So, yeah, on the "Pearl Jam" message board, U2 is not as popular as Tool (overindulgent music) and Cornell. But in the "real world" U2 owns them.
  • U2 are formulaic nonsense, worse than emo IMO. I am embarrassed that PJ are hailing them as 'influences'. Green Day can have 'em.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    U2 are formulaic nonsense, worse than emo IMO. I am embarrassed that PJ are hailing them as 'influences'. Green Day can have 'em.
    If thats the case, most of Ten, songs like Army Reserve, Inside Job, Gone, Hold On, I Am Mine, You Are, must be "formulaic nonsense" as well. :rolleyes:

U2 has ALOT more music than what you hear on the radio, just like you can't make assumptions about Pearl Jam by the album Ten alone..
  • That new song with Greenday is pretty bad. I am sure that they could have done a better job than that at attacking the government response to Katrina.
  • If thats the case, most of Ten, songs like Army Reserve, Inside Job, Gone, Hold On, I Am Mine, You Are, must be "formulaic nonsense" as well. :rolleyes:

U2 has ALOT more music than what you hear on the radio, just like you can't make assumptions about Pearl Jam by the album Ten alone..

I make those assumptions every time I hear a new U2 song. Trust me, I've heard everything I need to from U2. I never listen to the radio, btw, either.

Pearl Jam are incredibly varied with their sound. U2 established something, liked it, and just like Oasis, never changed anything.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    I make those assumptions every time I hear a new U2 song. Trust me, I've heard everything I need to from U2. I never listen to the radio, btw, either.

Pearl Jam are incredibly varied with their sound. U2 established something, liked it, and just like Oasis, never changed anything.
    You haven't heard U2 if you are comparing them to shite like Oasis.

by your logic then, wouldnt the volume of u2 threads be a pretty good indication that people consider them incredibly talented?
  • I make those assumptions every time I hear a new U2 song. Trust me, I've heard everything I need to from U2. I never listen to the radio, btw, either.

Nowadays I would agree U2 are pretty formulaic. But before they became bland radio stodge, they did write some good stuff, and they were pretty varied too, try comparing a song like Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me with something like One, Where the streets have no name, Pride etc. Totally different sounds. I think U2's biggest problem is that their activism and political leanings have eclipsed their music.

The less said about the U2/Green Day song the better. I'm a fan of both bands, but it really isn't very impressive at all.