Thank Pearl Jam for nu-metal

2»

Comments

• lars wrote:
    .....not more than korn
    not true. deftones are still around as big as they were when they first came out. korn is hardly even mentioned in the radio now these days. not saying they're better than korn... just saying korn isn't as strong as they used to be. as for the deftones, they're just as strong.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    not true. deftones are still around as big as they were when they first came out. korn is hardly even mentioned in the radio now these days. not saying they're better than korn... just saying korn isn't as strong as they used to be. as for the deftones, they're just as strong.
    Check out billboard.com and check out both bands newest cds and compare and stand corrected
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • lars wrote:
    Check out billboard.com and check out both bands newest cds and compare and stand corrected
    you must be from europe or something. korn's album debuted at no 1.... in europe though and stayed there for 3 weeks. deftones album debuted at no. 10 in the 200 billboard charts and stayed there for 18 weeks. that doesn't say much to me. the website is a little confusing.

like i said, i don't know what it's like in europe... i've never been there. but here, or at least in texas... nobody cares about korn as much as they care about the deftones. and i haven't even heard them be mentioned about as much as deftones. i'm pretty sure korn's music has changed significantly... it changed since the Untouchables album.... which i particularly thought sucked dickshit. well, so did deftones self-titled album.... but deftones latest album, i think, succeeded much more this time than their last and even korn's latest. their shows still get packed and people still go crazy for them... probably even more than before.

edit: and besides who even cares about the billboards these days.... even after we got downloading and shit. sean kingston is at no. 1 on the top 100 billboard charts with some cheesy title beautiful girls.... are we to say that they're better than korn, deftones or even pearl jam?
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
    you must be from europe or something. korn's album debuted at no 1.... in europe though and stayed there for 3 weeks. deftones album debuted at no. 10 in the 200 billboard charts and stayed there for 18 weeks. that doesn't say much to me. the website is a little confusing.

like i said, i don't know what it's like in europe... i've never been there. but here, or at least in texas... nobody cares about korn as much as they care about the deftones. and i haven't even heard them be mentioned about as much as deftones. i'm pretty sure korn's music has changed significantly... it changed since the Untouchables album.... which i particularly thought sucked dickshit. well, so did deftones self-titled album.... but deftones latest album, i think, succeeded much more this time than their last and even korn's latest. their shows still get packed and people still go crazy for them... probably even more than before.

edit: and besides who even cares about the billboards these days.... even after we got downloading and shit. sean kingston is at no. 1 on the top 100 billboard charts with some cheesy title beautiful girls.... are we to say that they're better than korn, deftones or even pearl jam?
    True, but the numbers do give some sort of indication and as far as I can tell here in europe korn would sell more concert tickets than deftones. I have nothing against deftones, I just like korn better....even though some of their material has been questionable....their new cd on the other hand is a step in a correct direction.
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    lars wrote:
    Korn, the founders of nu-metal, sound like Pearl Jam....just a bit heavier. Just listen to blind of the debut....totally eddieish

Kinda like saying The Beatles are responsible for the Spice Girls.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    no you fucks, thank pearl jam for nu-grunge.(if anything) where the hell do you get nu-mutel from??!!

i take that back, the word "nu-grunge" makes me feel like i lowered my iq.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Lost interest in Korn after Untouchables.

They had some good songs though, especially on that 1st album. Blind is an awesome track.

What happened to thier drummer?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    no you fucks, thank pearl jam for nu-grunge.(if anything) where the hell do you get nu-mutel from??!!

i take that back, the word "nu-grunge" makes me feel like i lowered my iq.
    Silverchair were nu-grunge
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    lars wrote:
    Silverchair were nu-grunge

I think Neo-grunge is a better term for it. Anything w/ NU should be reserved for bands like Korn and LB. I think Silverchair has proven to be anything but what they were when they were 14.