When was the last time....

2»

Comments

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Maybe I'm a little different but I don't ever remember being blown away by an album at first listen. It usually takes me at least 3 or 4 times to get to the blown away level. It seems like all my favorite albums grew on me versus loving them from the get go.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Maybe I'm a little different but I don't ever remember being blown away by an album at first listen. It usually takes me at least 3 or 4 times to get to the blown away level. It seems like all my favorite albums grew on me versus loving them from the get go.

Really? I've had a few, Ten blew me away on first listen and I've had a few others over the years.

I've been checkin out some of the bands metioned in this thread....thanks a mil....keep them comin :D
    I need a coffee!
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    MGMT.. The most original band in a very very long time. They are simply amazing.

Sleepy Jackson rip-off ;)
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I found Sigur Ros a year ago......

I can't believe i'd ignored them for so long.....

Thanks to this board I've found Kings Of Leon and Drive By Truckers.....

Also, not a new artist by any stretch of the imagination but, I recently rediscovered Dylan's latest albums.....man they're good.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton