Tool Boot

Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Hey, I know its only the day after the gig but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some tool boots, to keep me ticking over til I find someone who can give me the Dublin boot from last night.

Superb gig and Maynard said they were comin back next year...woohoo :D:D:D
I need a coffee!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Check out http://www.purelivegigs.com or http://www.dimeadozen.org. Both have video boots, and I know dimeadozen.org have audio boots.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Irish Al wrote:
    Superb gig and Maynard said they were comin back next year...woohoo :D:D:D

Hey Al... do we get a bit more of a review than 'superb gig'? Please.... pretty please... you and jenny seemed excited about the gig.. I want to know more!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Mastadon supported for the evening, and I have to say I really dug their set, it complemented TOOl very well I though, the vocals were thunderous and retained the sheer volume and depth as on their studio records. I enjoyed them all the more because of the warm reception from the crowd, quite a few people seemed familiar with their material and they fed off this and were all the better for it, and also the place was pretty packed during their set as opposed to half the venue sitting at the bar or else smoking outside as is traditional with most opening bands. Their set was mostly material from Blood Mountain which is neither suprising or by any means dissapointing. Before they left the stage, which they commanded with great authority, they mentioned that next year they will be here, hinting at a solo tour,so look out for news on that.
    The setup for TOOL's performance was agonising, as soon as Mastadon left I nipped out for a cigarrette and was suprised to find very little smokers out there, the majority of the crowd stayed glued to their stopts in anticipation for TOOl and didn't even go out to the lobby. By the time the performance was ready to start the tension was astounding, the chants and the claps and the damnright thunderous applause for the band just helped to sweep you up all that bit more in the euphoria of the gig. Eventually Danny walked out and waved to the crowd, and was followed by the other band members, Maynard was wearing a luminous orange hoody which may seem to be an obscure detail, but I'm telling you this thing was BRIGHT lol. They kicked right into Stinkfist, which I'd been expecting having seen various setlists from this tour. However I had no idea just how unbelievably tight the band would be, they were pitch perfect without sounding like the record, the right balance. They used some backlighting during the song but nothing major. Then they kicked right into 46 & 2, and justins bass sound brilliant. After that they knocked into Jambi which like everyother song they played was phenomenal and in particular the visuals which they used and projected over the backscreens.The thing I liked most is how they gradually built up the lighting until every piece of equitment was usedand they created something that I can only describe as breathtaking, at one point they used the green lasers which were placed all over the room to create some sort of dodecahedron type of shape that floated in the middle of the room, I mean just astounding. After Jambi Maynard spoke to the crowd (is it just me or has he been more animated and communicative this tour?) and said that they had good news (cheer) and bad news (awww). The good news is that even though Jones and Chancellor were English names Kennan and Carey were all Irish :D They then went on to do what they do best, play music. They played Wings For Marie, 10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2), Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned which was for me the higlight of the evening, I mean this song is just epic and the walkie talkie device he sang through made him sound fantastic. They also played The Pot, Vicarious, Lateralus and AEnema. They took a brake before Wings For Marie and just sat in darkness on the stage but before they resumed Adam took out a lighter and held it up as a nod to everyone who followed suit which made Wings that much more breathtaking. Before they finished with AEnema they said they just wanted to thank everyone for the suuport they showed during the gig and that with Adam and Justin consenting to a name change (a nod to his earlier joke) they hope to see us next summer which I hope is a hint at an Oxegen performance.
    This was my first TOOl gig, and all I can say is that I feel enriched for having experiened what I did. Their sound is air tight and Maynards vocals soar like you wouldn't believe. Also, the lighting show.....? Un-fucking-believable. Best of wishesto those attending the rest of the tour, you are in for something spectacular.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thanks for that! Didn't know you went too! :D
    redrock wrote:
    Thanks for that! Didn't know you went too! :D

There was no way I was missing this gig :D
    Really hope they play Oxegen, I mean why else would they be back? I can't see them doing Another Euro tour, although I wouldn't exactly complin lol

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    To be honest red I couldn't top that review from binaural....great review mate! I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of PJ shirts knocking around before the gig and there was quite a mixed age range. The light show was phenomenal and I reckon that Oxegen or some such festival will be the order of the day next summer. :D

Wrapped...cheers for the sites, will check them out ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Going to the Cardiff gig on Thursday,can't wait!!!
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Binaural wrote:
    with Adam and Justin consenting to a name change (a nod to his earlier joke) they hope to see us next summer which I hope is a hint at an Oxegen performance.

I really hope they don't play Oxegen... I saw Tool at a festival during the summer, and fantastic as it was, the Point show was so much better because there were so many people into it and singing along. In Austria, everyone left the pit area before they came on stage!!!

from my perspective, Mastodon were not that great. The bass was way too overbearing, and ruined it for me. I don't know much of their stuff, and people who did seemed surprised by their setlist.

Tool were fantastic though. It was unreal hearing so many people sing along to Stinkfist... it was a fantastic start to the show. the main reason I love this band life is because they are a true band. There's no lead anything... they're just one unit, completely sharing all the work. The bassist was on fire... he stole the show for me besides Maynard and his freaky dancing!

The displays and lights are fantastic... I've never seen so many people look around instead of at the stage in my life, so the song of the light for me was Lateralus.

It was also great fun walkin' home in the pissing rain in a leaky shoe :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Irish Al wrote:
    To be honest red I couldn't top that review from binaural....great review mate! I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of PJ shirts knocking around before the gig and there was quite a mixed age range. The light show was phenomenal and I reckon that Oxegen or some such festival will be the order of the day next summer. :D

Wrapped...cheers for the sites, will check them out ;)

Thanks, just intended to write a few words but as soon as I started writing everything came pouring out. I know for a fact that years from now when I'm talking about gigs with my friends or anyone I'll cite this gig as one that stood out. Yes! I know, I got talking to quite a few people over Pj, it was funny seeing some non-jammers looking at us thinking "You know that Pearl Jam aren't playing tonight right?" :D
    Jennytree wrote:
    I really hope they don't play Oxegen... I saw Tool at a festival during the summer, and fantastic as it was, the Point show was so much better because there were so many people into it and singing along. In Austria, everyone left the pit area before they came on stage!!!

from my perspective, Mastodon were not that great. The bass was way too overbearing, and ruined it for me. I don't know much of their stuff, and people who did seemed surprised by their setlist.

Tool were fantastic though. It was unreal hearing so many people sing along to Stinkfist... it was a fantastic start to the show. the main reason I love this band life is because they are a true band. There's no lead anything... they're just one unit, completely sharing all the work. The bassist was on fire... he stole the show for me besides Maynard and his freaky dancing!

The displays and lights are fantastic... I've never seen so many people look around instead of at the stage in my life, so the song of the light for me was Lateralus.

It was also great fun walkin' home in the pissing rain in a leaky shoe :D
    Haha, I agree, my eyes were either glued on Justin's magic fingers or else on Maynard who looked like he was sneaking up on someone like a ninja :D Gotta say I was suprised at Lateralus, pleasantly though I'd add, dunno why but when that song hit I just lost myself in it, and as you said I've never spent so long looking at anything but the band. Plus I gotta say, the visuals for Jambi were awesome, almost as good as those for 46 & 2. But the rain!!! I mean aside from a spat in the line, pearl jam got fantastic weather, ce la vie. My shoes got so wet the brown dye actually ran throughmy socks! Worth every minute though :)

Also, Jenny and Al, I just thought a few days ago about their 'coming back next summer comment'. This year there was a mini Download festival in Ireland, basicaly Metallica and Guns and Roses were playing over the weekend at seperate gigs but each show had two stages, a few other bands, and Download merch. They even have a website, http://www.downloadfestival.ie . My suspicion at the time was they were testing the waters to see just how succesful they could expect a festival like Download to be in Ireland seeing as they have one just across the water and if it picked up, which it did seeing as both sold out, they would start either a full blown festival or else expand it a bit. TOOL said they'd be back in the summer, the safe money says that between Oxygen and Download they hit the latter. Heres hoping :)

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Peter C wrote:
    Going to the Cardiff gig on Thursday,can't wait!!!

Please post a fanview in this thread so I know where to look :) It'd be aweosme to hear what fans from other shows thought.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Please post a fanview in this thread so I know where to look :) It'd be aweosme to hear what fans from other shows thought.

PEACE
    Okay mate,will do.Check out Tool's webite tho,quite a few of reviews from their European tour are on there,if the band say they are coming back next summer, could Reading be a possibilty??
    Peter C wrote:
    Okay mate,will do.Check out Tool's webite tho,quite a few of reviews from their European tour are on there,if the band say they are coming back next summer, could Reading be a possibilty??

I don't know, but they said 'here' as in Ireland so thats what I was thinking of when I said Download Ireland, but if they're coming here then they'll definately hit the UK. Countdown starts here :D

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Also, Jenny and Al, I just thought a few days ago about their 'coming back next summer comment'. This year there was a mini Download festival in Ireland, basicaly Metallica and Guns and Roses were playing over the weekend at seperate gigs but each show had two stages, a few other bands, and Download merch. They even have a website, http://www.downloadfestival.ie . My suspicion at the time was they were testing the waters to see just how succesful they could expect a festival like Download to be in Ireland seeing as they have one just across the water and if it picked up, which it did seeing as both sold out, they would start either a full blown festival or else expand it a bit. TOOL said they'd be back in the summer, the safe money says that between Oxygen and Download they hit the latter. Heres hoping :)

Well I was really pissed off that Tool didn't play download here when they were playing in the UK but give me a solo show any day! Would prefer another solo show but would take anything really :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Well I was really pissed off that Tool didn't play download here when they were playing in the UK but give me a solo show any day! Would prefer another solo show but would take anything really :D

Haha I know, but I could see why not, Metallica and Guns and Roses fall into the mainstream category so they would be better to get a large number of people hooked in. I agree completely, I travlled to the Dublin show with friends who had only seen the guys at festivals and some were indifferent to them saying that "Yeah they're solid live" but after the hsow on Wednesday they were left speechless. What was your favourite performance that night? I stick with Rossetta stoned, or either The Pot cause well, ahve you heard ? :D Another runner would be AEnema, man the fact that eveyrone knew words was pretty suprising. Oh, almost forgot, any luck finding a boot of the show?

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Haha I know, but I could see why not, Metallica and Guns and Roses fall into the mainstream category so they would be better to get a large number of people hooked in. I agree completely, I travlled to the Dublin show with friends who had only seen the guys at festivals and some were indifferent to them saying that "Yeah they're solid live" but after the hsow on Wednesday they were left speechless. What was your favourite performance that night? I stick with Rossetta stoned, or either The Pot cause well, ahve you heard ? :D Another runner would be AEnema, man the fact that eveyrone knew words was pretty suprising. Oh, almost forgot, any luck finding a boot of the show?
    PEACE

No Luck yet with the boot, have to say it really makes me appreciate PJ putting out all their shows for fans to see. I have to agree with the three songs you picked out as highlights also 10,000Days was amazing too. I wasn't sure how rosetta stoned would come accross but it rocked :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Going to my first tool show on friday at nottingham,
    rather excited.
    PJ_46and2 wrote:
    Going to my first tool show on friday at nottingham,
    rather excited.

You know where to post your fanview buddy :D
    The setlist is predictable, but once you see what they do with each song you'll understand why. You are going to have your mind blown.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,230
    with out a doubt tool show for me was the best of 06 this is coming from a die hard PJ fan.............
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Irish Al wrote:
    No Luck yet with the boot, have to say it really makes me appreciate PJ putting out all their shows for fans to see. I have to agree with the three songs you picked out as highlights also 10,000Days was amazing too. I wasn't sure how rosetta stoned would come accross but it rocked :D

I know, you just realise how lucky you are to have the kind of accessability that you do. Oh man yeah, I was looking foward to that song the most just the bit where he sings "You're the only one who can hold your head up high shake your fists at the gate and say 'fetch me the Spirit, the Son and the Father, tell them their pillar of faith has ascended, it's time now, my time now, give me my, give me my.....WIIIIINNNGGGSSSS!". Powerful stuff.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    with out a doubt tool show for me was the best of 06 this is coming from a die hard PJ fan.............

I know, I don't know why, because I love Pearl Jam like no other band, but holy fuck I am torn as to which I liked more. I mean this gig was, I'm lost for words.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Just a shame the boys don't play Hooker with a penis,cracking tune that one!!
    Peter C wrote:
    Just a shame the boys don't play Hooker with a penis,cracking tune that one!!

I know, but I was secretly hoping to hear Jerk Off. I mean it's soooo good :d

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,230
    Binaural wrote:
    I know, I don't know why, because I love Pearl Jam like no other band, but holy fuck I am torn as to which I liked more. I mean this gig was, I'm lost for words.

PEACE
    yeah i had no words to describe the show after i left other then fucking felt like the first layer of skin was peeled off my face that's how good the sound, mood,feel,was now i haven't stoped listening to tool since and i mean i used to listen to nothing else but PJ BOOTS for the longest time weird ha so now i can't wait till they tour here in usa again in spring that is what maynard said to us that night........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    yeah i had no words to describe the show after i left other then fucking felt like the first layer of skin was peeled off my face that's how good the sound, mood,feel,was now i haven't stoped listening to tool since and i mean i used to listen to nothing else but PJ BOOTS for the longest time weird ha so now i can't wait till they tour here in usa again in spring that is what maynard said to us that night........

Yeah they are, the dates should be online somewhere as far as I know. I'm the same, I've been listening to AEnema nonstop, it's crazy but, they do kick ass :D
    What was the setlist btw?

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    I know, you just realise how lucky you are to have the kind of accessability that you do. Oh man yeah, I was looking foward to that song the most just the bit where he sings "You're the only one who can hold your head up high shake your fists at the gate and say 'fetch me the Spirit, the Son and the Father, tell them their pillar of faith has ascended, it's time now, my time now, give me my, give me my.....WIIIIINNNGGGSSSS!". Powerful stuff.

PEACE

Oh shit man, just got shivers from just reading that....thats exactly what I was waiting for :eek:

Can't stop listening to tool either :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Saw them on Friday in Nottingham and left early I was that bored, I enjoy the music but the atmosphere was shite. I felt as though I was watching a bunch of statues on stage.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Saw them on Friday in Nottingham and left early I was that bored, I enjoy the music but the atmosphere was shite. I felt as though I was watching a bunch of statues on stage.

Yeah they're not very animated, but they never have been I guess it's a take it or leave it kind of deal. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, the crowd in Dublin were fantastic, really made the show and injected such life into it. Damn, I can't wait till they come back :D

Dublin 08/06
    Irish Al wrote:
    Oh shit man, just got shivers from just reading that....thats exactly what I was waiting for :eek:

Can't stop listening to tool either :D

Also, the pause at the opening of The Pot was nice....very nice :D

Dublin 08/06
    I felt as though I was watching a bunch of statues on stage.

My bro, who came with me and isn't a fan, said the exact same but he did really enjoy the music :D
    Binaural wrote:
    Also, the pause at the opening of The Pot was nice....very nice :D

Very true! Aenima was superb, the crowd just went nuts...there was a great moshpit in front of us :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    My bro, who came with me and isn't a fan, said the exact same but he did really enjoy the music :D

Very true! Aenima was superb, the crowd just went nuts...there was a great moshpit in front of us :D

I unfortunately was stuck in the seating at the back, however luckily, those in that area were fans, as soon as the band hit the stage, they stood up and rocked out, my ass never touched the seath the rest of the night :D
    Yeah, such a good closer, I was suprised everyone knew the words, I was expecting the majority there to have only ever really listened to 10,000 Days or Lateralus but hey, I was happy to be wrong :)

Dublin 08/06