Chris Cornell April 11th Metro Chicago

2»

Comments

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    evenflow82 wrote:
    his backing band is pretty good. The bass player is your typical no sucky but not great bass player, his guitarist (Peter I think is his name) is pretty good. He played the Morello solos note for note with all the weird effects. His other guitarist is from Buck Cherry I think (rolls eyes), but he's a really good guitarist also. His solo on Billy Jean was incredible. He knows how to play. The drummer was pretty solid. He beat the hell out of his cymbals on Jesus Christ Pose. Here's a video clip (with shitty sound quality) from the Minneapolis show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcnSbH1scoo
    thanks for the link... i know others might disagree... but he sounds fuckin great... just another reason why SG NEEDS to get back together... it would sound soooo much better with matt on that kit
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Glad to hear all of the good reviews from the shows - I have tix to see him on the 27th in Dallas, so it sounds like it'll be a kick ass show!
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i was just looking at the rest of his tour dates... maybe ill fly out to CA for a show since ill be done with school then... anyone out there got an extra bed for me :D ? or do you think hell be back by CHI after europe?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • epierce3epierce3 Posts: 77
    I was there last night and the show was amazing - It was my little brother's first concert (he's a senior in HS) and he was blown away. He's a drummer and at the end of the show when the drummer touring with Chris threw out his drumsticks into the crowd my little brother caught one!

Anyway it was a very special night - I've got some video my buddy took, I'll try to youtube it, I know he's got all of You Know My Name and clips of a few others (he only videotaped the songs he knew and he's a pretty new fan)
    United Center Chicago: 05.16.06, 05.17.06
    Vic Theater Chicago: 08.02.07
    Lollapalooza 2007: 08.05.07
    Auditorium Theater Chicago (EV Solo): 08.22.08
    United Center Chicago: 08.23.09
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thanks for the link... i know others might disagree... but he sounds fuckin great... just another reason why SG NEEDS to get back together... it would sound soooo much better with matt on that kit

I like where Matt is now. :D

Great youtube file also. :)
  • Sorry dude I am half asleep and having a moment...LOL

we're you writing that at the show?

fuckin cornell
  • bump
  • bump

Writing what?
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • sounds excellent

though what i really want to hear is

tighter and tighter...tune.

but id settle for that list, the thing with cornell is, there arent many songs of his that i wouldnt want to hear, though having seen audioslave a few times, and not ever having seen soundgarden, you can guess which bands songs i would rather hear...

I wonder how the sg guys feel about cornell performing their old songs..i know he did a lot of writing but id feel a bit miffed myself. i think its the clearest admission that sg wont be getting back together. and ive not wanted that to happen anyway.

to the pjtaper, you want to hear more off revalations, i heard he has been playing wide awake, original fire, nothing left but to say goodbye,until we fall. but with a back catalogue like his, i cant blame him for playing more old stuff, can you? :)
  • heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    It was an AWESOME show last night!!!!

I went by myself as I just got back from LA a few hours before, my friend backed out on me and so I made the venture alone, gifted my extra ticket and was soooooo glad I made the journey!

I arrived about 8:45 to a packed venue, but found a sweet spot to the left of the stage by the back bar. The METRO is an awesome place, not a bad spot in my estimation.

When Hunger Strike started I was shocked. Didn't expect that at all. I was wishing Eddie was there ... now that would have been totally amazing!

I would have loved more from Revelation too, but heck the setlist was pretty darn amazing, loved every moment! The man can sing! And the band was pretty darn good to.

Season's was a highlight, as was Rusty Cage.

If he happens to be touring your town GO! Definitely GO!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    From the Chris Cornell board:

Chris Cornell
    4/11/07
    Metro
    Chicago, IL

Disc 1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4J4RALF
    1. No Such Thing
    2. Original Fire
    3. Outshined
    4. Hunger Strike
    5. Arms Around Your Love
    6. Like A Stone
    7. Burden In My Hand
    8. Seasons
    9. All Night Thing
    10. Can't Change Me
    11. Doesn't Remind Me
    12. Safe And Sound

Disc 2 - http://rapidshare.com/files/25685533/Chris_Cornell_-_4_11_07_-_Metro_-_Chicago__IL__2_.rar.html
    1. Billie Jean
    2. Cochise
    3. What You Are
    4. Rusty Cage
    5. You Know My Name
    6. Black Hole Sun
    7. Spoonman

Sound quality isn't very good, but it's better than nothing!
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    thank you stpmattb :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • epierce3epierce3 Posts: 77
    I downloaded that and the sound quality is horrible, it's unlistenable - most of the time you can't even hear the music over the crowd
    United Center Chicago: 05.16.06, 05.17.06
    Vic Theater Chicago: 08.02.07
    Lollapalooza 2007: 08.05.07
    Auditorium Theater Chicago (EV Solo): 08.22.08
    United Center Chicago: 08.23.09
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    epierce3 wrote:
    I downloaded that and the sound quality is horrible, it's unlistenable - most of the time you can't even hear the music over the crowd
    really? bcause i'm dl-ing now but its taking forever
    meh, i'll let the first one finish and decide later on the 2cnd one
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    epierce3 wrote:

that's true, I hope a decent bootleg surfaces sometime, I really want to listen the new songs
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    epierce3 wrote:

Yea it's bad. At least somebody tried to record it.