Chris Cornell April 11th Metro Chicago

Dirty MosquitoDirty Mosquito Posts: 621
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Saw the Cornell show last night and I was blown away! For anyone who said he doesn't have it anymore, I must say that this is not the case. Chris hit every note including some of the harder, higher ones from the old days.

I got there relatively early and was able to get about 3rd row, center stage, roughly 8-9 feet from Chris's mic. I was wearing a Mother Love Bone t shirt and the highlight of the evening was when Chris looked right at me, pointed and said: "This is for you, he is here" I am assuming he meant Andy and went right into Hunger Strike. The setlist was amazing and went way longer than they were supposed to go. I have pictures of someone's setlist as well as some other photos I will try to post eventually, but enclosed is a list of some of the songs played last night, in no apparent order.

After the show, I waited around, along with a few others (maybe 20 people tops) and we hoping we would get a chance to chat with Chris. Chris had a meet and greet inside for his fanclub members, but I didn't attend since I wasn't part of his fanclub. Looking back on it, I probably should have at least tried. I didn't get a chance to meet Chris, but I was able to meet the rest of the band that is going on tour with him. They are all nice guys and very gifted musicians.

Some songs from the setlist:

Hunger Strike
Outshined
Seasons
Rusty Cage
Spoonman
Black Hole Sun
Burden in my Hand
Cochise
Billy Jean (Michael Jackson cover that I believe is on upcoming album)
All Night Thing

There were at least 5-7 more songs, a few from the upcoming album and some other Audioslave songs I believe, but this is what I remember at the top of my head.
Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
Lollapalooza 08-05-07
Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
Wrigley Field 07-19-13
Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    That sounds class.

I don't know, I may just have to buy an Aerosmith ticket in Dublin just to see him.

We'll see if he turns up for the Pearl Jam Wembley gig first!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

After the show, I waited around, along with Patrickredeyes and a few others

I wasn't there last nite. lol But hey thanks for thinking of me being there. hehe
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I am SO FUCKING JEALOUS!
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i was there
    :D
    three words....
    ALL NITE THING!!!!!!

the entire nite was amazing!
    he sounded sooooooooo good.
    and billie jean...WOW!
    his version was amazing
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • I wasn't there last nite. lol But hey thanks for thinking of me being there. hehe

Sorry dude I am half asleep and having a moment...LOL

The show rocked!!!
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
  • luvistower wrote:
    i was there
    three words....
    ALL NITE THING!!!!!!

and billie jean...WOW!
    his version was amazing

Where were you? We were looking for you
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    luvistower wrote:
    i was there
    three words....
    ALL NITE THING!!!!!!

and billie jean...WOW!
    his version was amazing
    i dont give a rats ass...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Sorry dude I am half asleep and having a moment...LOL

The show rocked!!!

I busted out laughing when I saw that. And for a split second I thought was I there last nite? hehe

My cousin had 2 tickets actually for the show. They weren't used so sad to say. She had to work and the weather was crap yesterday for myself to drive down. Glad everyone had a great time. :)
  • mrluthor9mrluthor9 Posts: 264
    Anybody know what time Chris went on? I heard there was no opening band.
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Saw the Cornell show last night and I was blown away! For anyone who said he doesn't have it anymore, I must say that this is not the case. Chris hit every note including some of the harder, higher ones from the old days.

I got there relatively early and was able to get about 3rd row, center stage, roughly 8-9 feet from Chris's mic. I was wearing a Mother Love Bone t shirt and the highlight of the evening was when Chris looked right at me, pointed and said: "This is for you, he is here" I am assuming he meant Andy and went right into Hunger Strike. The setlist was amazing and went way longer than they were supposed to go. I have pictures of someone's setlist as well as some other photos I will try to post eventually, but enclosed is a list of some of the songs played last night, in no apparent order.

After the show, I waited around, along with a few others (maybe 20 people tops) and we hoping we would get a chance to chat with Chris. Chris had a meet and greet inside for his fanclub members, but I didn't attend since I wasn't part of his fanclub. Looking back on it, I probably should have at least tried. I didn't get a chance to meet Chris, but I was able to meet the rest of the band that is going on tour with him. They are all nice guys and very gifted musicians.

Hunger Strike
    Outshined
    Seasons
    Rusty Cage
    Spoonman
    Black Hole Sun
    Burden in my Hand
    Cochise
    All Night Thing

There were at least 5-7 more songs, a few from the upcoming album and some other Audioslave songs I believe, but this is what I remember at the top of my head.
    Way too cool! Good to see friends making the connection!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Here is the full setlist. I have the photos, but I am trying to figure out how to post them. Unfortunately not many turned out. Give me a few....

Setlist:

No Such Thing
    Original Fire
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike
    Arms around your Love
    Like A Stone
    Burden in my Hand
    Seasons
    Can't Change Me
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Safe and Sound
    Billie Jean
    Cochise
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    You Know My Name
    Black Hole Sun
    Spoonman

And All night thing was somewhere in there too. This is from an actual photo of a setlist, it may not be exactly the same or the same order.
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Here is the full setlist. I have the photos, but I am trying to figure out how to post them. Unfortunately not many turned out. Give me a few....

Setlist:

No Such Thing
    Original Fire
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike
    Arms around your Love
    Like A Stone
    Burden in my Hand
    Seasons
    Can't Change Me
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Safe and Sound
    Billie Jean
    Cochise
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    You Know My Name
    Black Hole Sun
    Spoonman
    What happened to All Night Thing?

I can't decide whether or not I want that one or Call Me a Dog when he comes to Austin (he seems to be alternating between the two).
  • jwillmo wrote:
    What happened to All Night Thing?

I can't decide whether or not I want that one or Call Me a Dog when he comes to Austin (he seems to be alternating between the two).

Sorry, All night thing is in there too. That was from a photo I took of someones setlist. All night thing must have been improv. It was not on that setlist, but I do know they played it. The order may not be exact either, but that's word for word from the setlist I got a photo of.
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
  • Does anyone know if he is making anyother appearances in the near future?

I wish I would have know about that, yesterday was my birthady and that would have rocked to see.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    People confuse me all the time for the much younger and more handsome patrickredeyes. I just go with it.

DM, I’ve been trying to piece together that moment before Hunger Strike when CC pointed you out. I’m pretty sure after pointing to you and your MLB t-shirt Chris only mouthed “he’s here” (as you had thought). His action of pointing you out had me originally thinking he also said “this ones for you.” But he just walked to the edge of the stage by you pointed, smiled and said “he’s here!” Spooky cool man.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/usedbucket/arpil112007chriscornell016.jpg

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• edwho wrote:
    People confuse me all the time for the much younger and more handsome patrickredeyes. I just go with it.

DM, I’ve been trying to piece together that moment before Hunger Strike when CC pointed you out. I’m pretty sure after pointing to you and your MLB t-shirt Chris only mouthed “he’s here” (as you had thought). His action of pointing you out had me originally thinking he also said “this ones for you.” But he just walked to the edge of the stage by you pointed, smiled and said “he’s here!” Spooky cool man.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/usedbucket/arpil112007chriscornell016.jpg

~

Sorry man!! Got the board names mixed up....lol.

I originally thought he just said "He's here", but my friend I was with insisted that he had said "This is for you" and I know I heard "He's here" so, I am not 100% sure if he said both, or one or the other, but I do know he was acknowledging me. What a great time and thanks. I need rest!!! I can't hang no more....lol
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    The show sounds great... you guys are lucky! I've been trying for weeks to get tickets to either Philly or Baltimore, but no luck yet.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I'm just saddened... Sad I am NOWHERE near any of these shows in Colorado... Saddened that he isn't busting out more of Revelations...
    I really hope someday, Nothing Left to Say but Goodbye, Moth, and Shape of Things to Come...

I love Audioslave! R.I.P.
    edwho wrote:

~

Ahh so it was you DM was with last nite and got the names mixed up. haha
    Sounds like it was a kick ass time. Nice picture also. :)
  • Ahh so it was you DM was with last nite and got the names mixed up. haha
    Sounds like it was a kick ass time. Nice picture also. :)

Yeah, I believe I met you both the same night a while back and got the names mixed up...I need rest!!! I feel like I got hit by a 747
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Where were you? We were looking for you

i didnt get there until ten minutes til 9 since there was no opening band, we had drinks and dinner and them more drinks at bernie's before heading in
    we ended up in the middle towards the left
    excellent view of the stage all night
    and you've got to LOVE the metro, there's really NOT a bad spot
    it's so cozy
    i think i saw edwho and his sister in the very the front?
    but i didnt see you otherwise we would've said hi
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • luvistower wrote:
    i didnt get there until ten minutes til 9 since there was no opening band, we had drinks and dinner and them more drinks at bernie's before heading in
    we ended up in the middle towards the left
    excellent view of the stage all night
    and you've got to LOVE the metro, there's really NOT a bad spot
    it's so cozy
    i think i saw edwho and his sister in the very the front?
    but i didnt see you otherwise we would've said hi

Oh ok. Yeah, there really isn't any bad spot, you are right. I was to the right of edwho.
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Yeah, I believe I met you both the same night a while back and got the names mixed up...I need rest!!! I feel like I got hit by a 747

Yea we met after the movie in the bar a few weeks back. Get some rest my friend. :D
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Man, this is so weird. A grunge-era superstar with a family touring small clubs in places including the South. Will wonders ever cease.

4-29-07 in Austin, baby!
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Sawyer wrote:
    metro is incredible and this was a special night.....chris was dead on all night and i agree, billie jean could be a top 10 hit if he chose to release it.....a wonderful night (weather being the exception) i have two posters for trade if anyone is interested....incredibly rare.........wished for more soundgarden, TOTD and less Audioslave however.

So you bit the bullet and drove in?? No takers on stopping by the house and taking the tickets off of your hands? Aren't you glad you went now?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    too cool.
    i would love to see one of his shows
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334

Hunger Strike
    Outshined
    Seasons
    Rusty Cage
    Spoonman
    Black Hole Sun
    Burden in my Hand
    Cochise
    All Night Thing

DAAAAAAMMIT! THANKS FOR RUBBING IT IN BRO! i wanted to go soooo bad but couldnt find a fucking ride... i KNEW i would see the setlist and wish i had exchanged sexual favors in exchange for rides from truckers... im jealous... anyone know if chris releases boots of his shows? and was there a cool poster for the show?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    He ended the Minneapolis show with Jesus Christ Pose. Now THAT was awesome.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    evenflow82 wrote:
    He ended the Minneapolis show with Jesus Christ Pose. Now THAT was awesome.
    ha... on easter... THAT is badass... wouldve loved to be there... seriously i hope these are all available to purchase... hows his backing band?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ha... on easter... THAT is badass... wouldve loved to be there... seriously i hope these are all available to purchase... hows his backing band?

his backing band is pretty good. The bass player is your typical no sucky but not great bass player, his guitarist (Peter I think is his name) is pretty good. He played the Morello solos note for note with all the weird effects. His other guitarist is from Buck Cherry I think (rolls eyes), but he's a really good guitarist also. His solo on Billy Jean was incredible. He knows how to play. The drummer was pretty solid. He beat the hell out of his cymbals on Jesus Christ Pose. Here's a video clip (with shitty sound quality) from the Minneapolis show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcnSbH1scoo
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert