New U2 Song .. Windows in the skies [Audio]

2»

Comments

• It says its expired and reached its limit for me.

Here is the link again.

http://download.yousendit.com/022EB0271D932A20

Its in the first post working too. :)
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Igottago wrote:
    PS - fogot to add, moving their "corporate" offices from Ireland to the Netherlands so they pay less taxes. I'll come back and add more as I think of them.
    What about the best pot in the world? ;)

And I like the song, yet U2 doesnt really do it for me anymore, I really digged everything up to Pop, after that it sorta all sounds the same, still good, but not my thing.
    your light's reflected now
  • By the way the link is working again
  • It's been awhile since I viewed this thread, I actually lost track of it.

I thought I'd comment, I think the funniest thing about the reaction to my initial comment is that I said nothing about not liking U2. I was just stating that it sounded like a song that would blend well with a lovey-dovey scene in a movie or an emotionally driven commercial.

I, indeed, am a fan of U2's work. I do believe the quality has been sub-par in the past few years, but they still rock harder than most younger bands out there, so I'll give them that.

Some people are just too fucking sensitive.
    "It's not British music, it's American music. Now c'mon." -Bob Dylan
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    It's been awhile since I viewed this thread, I actually lost track of it.

I thought I'd comment, I think the funniest thing about the reaction to my initial comment is that I said nothing about not liking U2. I was just stating that it sounded like a song that would blend well with a lovey-dovey scene in a movie or an emotionally driven commercial.

I, indeed, am a fan of U2's work. I do believe the quality has been sub-par in the past few years, but they still rock harder than most younger bands out there, so I'll give them that.

Some people are just too fucking sensitive.

i just get fucking sick of people acting like U2 have sold their entire catalogue to ford. they had ONE song on ONE commercial and people act like they've gone the way of william shatner. it mainly bothers me becos most of those people didnt bat an eye when the who put their songs on csi and any corporate campaign that tickled their bumhole. the hypocrisy pisses me off. if EVER there was a definition of coroporate schilling whore, it is pete townshend and the who. but the people on here won't own up to that, they choose to focus on the fact that U2 did one commercial in their entire career becos they thought the product was incredible and they didnt even accept a dime for it.

now, that said, their new song is boring. really boring. but whatcha gonna do? not everyone can break new ground with every release like the beatles did.
    i just get fucking sick of people acting like U2 have sold their entire catalogue to ford. they had ONE song on ONE commercial and people act like they've gone the way of william shatner. it mainly bothers me becos most of those people didnt bat an eye when the who put their songs on csi and any corporate campaign that tickled their bumhole. the hypocrisy pisses me off. if EVER there was a definition of coroporate schilling whore, it is pete townshend and the who. but the people on here won't own up to that, they choose to focus on the fact that U2 did one commercial in their entire career becos they thought the product was incredible and they didnt even accept a dime for it.
    I think most people just copy others opinion, yet I must say that Bono loves the camera and himself a bit too much, which is kinda irritating.
    Obi Once wrote:
    I think most people just copy others opinion, yet I must say that Bono loves the camera and himself a bit too much, which is kinda irritating.

yeah, but he's irish. they love to do that sort of thing. i think half the time he's just too earnest for the general public to swallow, and the rest of the time he's just having fun playing up to the self-involved rock star thing. any time ive seen a real sit down intimate interview with him, he's very self-deprecating and warm and funny. i think he just gets a kick out of how much attention he gets and tries to have fun with it.
  • i just get fucking sick of people acting like U2 have sold their entire catalogue to ford. they had ONE song on ONE commercial and people act like they've gone the way of william shatner. it mainly bothers me becos most of those people didnt bat an eye when the who put their songs on csi and any corporate campaign that tickled their bumhole. the hypocrisy pisses me off. if EVER there was a definition of coroporate schilling whore, it is pete townshend and the who. but the people on here won't own up to that, they choose to focus on the fact that U2 did one commercial in their entire career becos they thought the product was incredible and they didnt even accept a dime for it.

now, that said, their new song is boring. really boring. but whatcha gonna do? not everyone can break new ground with every release like the beatles did.

When Bono writes a song as good as Baba O'Riley, then we can start ignoring his corporate tendencies, deal?
    yeah, but he's irish. they love to do that sort of thing. i think half the time he's just too earnest for the general public to swallow, and the rest of the time he's just having fun playing up to the self-involved rock star thing. any time ive seen a real sit down intimate interview with him, he's very self-deprecating and warm and funny. i think he just gets a kick out of how much attention he gets and tries to have fun with it.
    At least he's trying to do something good while the spotlight is on him, which earnes my respect, tho I understand people are bothered by it, eg if you compare him too Ed who tries to act much more in the background.

Still Achtung Baby is in my all time top10
    ZepZach wrote:
    When Bono writes a song as good as Baba O'Riley, then we can start ignoring his corporate tendencies, deal?

those being? aside from the ipod commercial?

face it, pete and the who have been grabbing their ankles for corporate dollars for decades and we all know it. but you all sit here and kiss their asses for it becos they're ed's fav band so you have to like them too (i guess in case you ever meet ed and he says "oh, you're poster X? you dont like the who, i cant talk to you). sure baba o'riley is a classic, but U2 have had plenty of classic songs themselves. they're just not to your liking. but instead of admitting you just dont like them, you feel compelled to "justify" it and act like it's some sort of objective measurement by talking about (totally inaccurate) accusations of U2 being "corporate" or something. it's quite pitiful. if you'd all just admit you think the band sucks and dont care for their music, id have no qualms. it isn't for everybody. but to try to rationalize it as "bono is a corporate whore becos he does commercials" (did one, for free) yet you get a hard-on at the thought of pete townshend despite the fact that he's sold more songs to commercials than most musicians will ever write is fucking ridiculous and a total double standard. people just love to hate U2.