Neil Young @ Hop Farm Kent

2»

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    jamie uk wrote:
    :D
    So who's fault is it that you''re sick of seeing them? :D
    Pearl Jam's ... you haven't seen them have you?
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Pegasus wrote:
    Pearl Jam's ... you haven't seen them have you?

Well, partly PJ's fault you should also shoulder part of the blame :D
    No, I haven't seen them, quite honestly it didn't matter who was supporting Neil, I was going anyway.
    If they're that bad I guess I'll have to resort to laying on the grass and drinking beer :D...tough break
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    I'm looking out of my window and the only thought in my head is "shit, I hope we don't get a day like this at Neilfest". I mean, surely the sun will shine on the rightous that Sunday in Kent :)
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    same view here, but its picking up tomorrow again, weather will be better, and IT WILL BE SUNNY at the 6th of july.....dammit!!!!! :D
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • airotsa06airotsa06 Posts: 24
    Mansfield gig on June 30 last of US tour, Hop in the Park July 6 so no conflict (?) - media guy at Twickenham over the weekend - non-fan (NY or PJ) - mentioned he'd heard PJ or member(s) were going to be there - unprompted, unsolicited and I don't think he even knows they have a connection. Might well be nonsense but thought I'd post in case there are any gamblers out there.
    airotsa06 wrote:
    Mansfield gig on June 30 last of US tour, Hop in the Park July 6 so no conflict (?) - media guy at Twickenham over the weekend - non-fan (NY or PJ) - mentioned he'd heard PJ or member(s) were going to be there - unprompted, unsolicited and I don't think he even knows they have a connection. Might well be nonsense but thought I'd post in case there are any gamblers out there.

Who knows? would be a lovely bonus for sure to see one or two (or all) of the guys make a guest appearance, I won't set my heart on it though, Neil is the attraction here :)
    So, are you going?
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    airotsa06 wrote:
    Neil Young PR guy?

"yeah I weren't sure bout goin' like, but just in case..."
    Not long now :D
  • eedheadeedhead Posts: 68
    Seeing Neil on this Sunday & Monday - cant freakin wait!!!
    " I demand to have more booze "
    Neil rules, I can't stop listening to the latest album!
    Looking forward to it immensely:D
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    Setlists for these fests are shorter, but pretty cool: http://www.sugarmtn.org/years/08nysets.html
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    just saw Neil last nite in Dublin, fucking BRILLIANT!

was miles better than id hoped for. sound was perfect (surprising for outdoor gig), and he was on fire. slow, old, new, fast, short, long, acoustic, electric, etc......he had it all

Peggi great backing vocals. some songs jammed out to 20 minutes.

breathtaking. lets hope for me of the same at werchter!!
  • not a bad line up

If someone else I liked was playing instead of Primal Scream I'd have gone, but opted for the O2 wireless fest,to see Counting Crows, Ben Harper (main draw for me) & Powderfinger. If any of them were instead of Primal Scream I'd have gone, kinda seems an odd addition to the line up for me.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Would be tempted but no way of getting there or back. The last train to London leaves an hour before the festival finishes :rolleyes: Have fun :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Would be tempted but no way of getting there or back. The last train to London leaves an hour before the festival finishes :rolleyes: Have fun :)

I'm sure you could crash, there's a handful of us staying over.
    BTW..........the forecast for Sunday is...heavy showers :( never mind, we aint made of sugar :D
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jamie uk wrote:
    I'm sure you could crash, there's a handful of us staying over.
    BTW..........the forecast for Sunday is...heavy showers :( never mind, we aint made of sugar :D

Think it's a bit late for me to plan now ... and the small matter of getting back to work :o:D

Have an awesome time ... know how you've been looking forward to it. I'll be hoping it doesn't rain on ya :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Just got back from the festival....4 seasons in one day for sure, you can always rely on the good old British weather eh! It rained, the sun shone, the clouds cleared and then came back, the wind blew like a bastard at times :)
    But for sure it was worth the 400 mile round trip, Neil was excellent...as expected :D
    Here's the final song of the night......how good is this man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu7kyDxx4WQ
    jamie uk wrote:
    Just got back from the festival....4 seasons in one day for sure, you can always rely on the good old British weather eh! It rained, the sun shone, the clouds cleared and then came back, the wind blew like a bastard at times :)
    But for sure it was worth the 400 mile round trip, Neil was excellent...as expected :D

and meeting you was excellent too Jamie, really had a great time hanging with you, it was a smashing july the sixth in engurland....:D
    i'm not happy yet.....
    Linda wrote:
    and meeting you was excellent too Jamie, really had a great time hanging with you, it was a smashing july the sixth in engurland....:D

:o:):D
    jamie uk wrote:
    :o:):D

can't find the dedicationthread anymore.....so i'll give ye this song in here...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCkgS1qSMU
    i'm not happy yet.....
    ...and another one.....aaaahhhhh....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Sd3LXPUSE
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    elmer wrote:
    Been listening to Neil for years, ever since I found After the Gold Rush amongst my Nans record collection(sandwiched between the likes of the Bay City Rollers and Daniel O'Donnell). Yesterday was the first time I heard Zuma though, classic it is!! So, "Cortez the Killer" is clearly about old Hernando Cortes, didn't know..............just thought I'd share, well into Chrome DreamsII, never seen him live.

I love Zuma. It is one of my top 5 albums. Would die to hear barstool blues live
    Let's Go Red Sox!