2007 Ozzfest Is Free!!!!

2»

Comments

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I agree with you on that.

taken directly from the announcement:
    "To gain entry into the event, fans will go to http://www.ozzfest.com or http://www.livenation.com to find links that will direct them to special sponsor sites where tickets can be secured. More details regarding the process are forthcoming."

Sounds to me like fans are going to have to give up marketable information, like e-mail or address info.

My guess is that once you go to these "special sponsor sites", you'll have to provide a name and address where the free tix can be mailed to you. That way, the sponsors will end up with a huge database of new marketing leads for junk mail, etc.

Still, for free tickets, it may be worthwhile to a lot of people in exchange for all the unwanted solicitation.

And after all of this, the commerce will begin by people needing tickets and people selling tickets, no longer free.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    so who is gonna start the rumor of PJ playing these shows and tickets will be through 10c????????
    Pearl Jam can't afford to play the south i highly doubt they could play free shows.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I don't believe this at all...besides who wants to go see ozzfest??
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • gillisgillis Posts: 17
    yield2me wrote:
    I don't believe this at all...besides who wants to go see ozzfest??

A big outdoor show tour for free , good job Ozzy , more bands should be like him , with your attitude no wonder Pearl Jam dosen't tour the south .
    PJ
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    gillis wrote:
    A big outdoor show tour for free , good job Ozzy , more bands should be like him , with your attitude no wonder Pearl Jam dosen't tour the south .

dude calm down! I'm just saying that I don't buy that this is free, has anyone got any kind of confirmation of this? I personally don't give a shit about ozzfest but if that is your thing good for ya!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • gillisgillis Posts: 17
    yield2me wrote:
    dude calm down! I'm just saying that I don't buy that this is free, has anyone got any kind of confirmation of this? I personally don't give a shit about ozzfest but if that is your thing good for ya!

Sorry man !!!! It's almost feeding time and I get a little emotional when hungry , It was posted on the Ozzfest website plus I'm an Ozzy fan , I was born before Pearl Jam and had to listen to something while waiting for the worlds greatest band .
    PJ
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    this info is on the ozzfest website and i dont think its skeptical at all.....

bout time someone gave back to the fans and im a little suprised that it was Ozzy, but maybe, just maybe this will have some affect on the industry in a nutshell to do more stuff like this for the fans

knock, knock hey Pearl Jam how about some free shows in the South..the pressure is on

by the way the rumor has Alice in Chains and Killswitch Engage as added headliners for those who care :)

EDIT:::: http://www.ozzfest.com/news_2006.html
  • Very Cool! I will not be going but I did see Alice in Minneapolis this past summer, wish Layne was still around but Jerry can still bring the house down.
    Lolla St. Paul 1992
    Minneapolis 1998
    Minneapolis 2003
    St. Paul 2006
    Kansas City 2010
    Wrigley 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Wrigley1 2016
    St. Paul Night 1 2023
    St. Paul Night 2 2023
  • U haters are crazy ozzfest is and has always been fuckin awesome. I could care less if i have to give my address to get FREE tickets. They can send me junk mail i have a garbage can that is waiting to be used.
    Go Birds!!!!