2007 Ozzfest Is Free!!!!

solat1973solat1973 Posts: 131
edited February 2007 in Other Music
JUST GOT THE EMAIL FROM OZZFEST THIS YEAR WILL BE FREE...
NOW THATS BIG BOLD AND FREE IF YOU ASK ME..
CHECK IT OUT http://WWW.OZZFEST.COM
Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Someone will belittle your post in 5,4,3,2,1......
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Did they have to make it free?

Did people all of a sudden realize-"Why should I pay for this?"
    was it?....
  • That's pretty cool.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • solat1973 wrote:
    JUST GOT THE EMAIL FROM OZZFEST THIS YEAR WILL BE FREE...
    NOW THATS BIG BOLD AND FREE IF YOU ASK ME..
    CHECK IT OUT http://WWW.OZZFEST.COM
    very fucking cool..........

BIG BOLD FREE!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    this is very fucking cool...........

so who is gonna start the rumor of PJ playing these shows and tickets will be through 10c????????

oops, I think I already did it, sorry
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    i heard alice in chains will be playing ozzfest. any truth to this?
    still too expensive to listen to that devil worshiping shit and be around the lowest most repulsively ugly group of mindless cunts ;) if AIC is there then itd be worth going...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    What an awesome thing to do for fans.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    Amazingly cool, hopefully this will have an effect on the industry. I dont mean all shows should be free, but maybe bands will do everything in their power to keep tickets as cheap as possible. Im not entirley sure a certain band I love is doing that anymore, but Im not sure that band is open to something like this, having sponsors help foot the bill.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • I really hope AIC plays...I hope their set-list includes:

Nutshell
    Brother
    Don't Follow
    Got Me Wrong
    Whale and Wasp
    Right Turn

...cause that would be a direct correspondence to all the other great music that will be played there.
    was it?....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I'm skeptical. There has to be strings attached with this. Sharon is too good a business woman not to make money off this. I realize there are sponsors but what will that entail? Sponsor logos on the bands clothes? This tour might look like a NASCAR race.
  • That's very very cool. Not my scene but it's very interesting. It seems that corporate sponsorship is so prevalent in festivals like this and now are finally doing something for the fans rather than the prmotion company and the artist (who they were already paying).
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    this is very fucking cool...........

so who is gonna start the rumor of PJ playing these shows and tickets will be through 10c????????

oops, I think I already did it, sorry
    did ya get that rumor from much music and make sure to let the thread got for 15 pages before saying its a joke
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    did ya get that rumor from much music and make sure to let the thread got for 15 pages before saying its a joke
    yep, I know how things work around here.....;)
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Cool idea... have to see how it works out
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    whether you like the music or not, having a full scale festival touring for free is probably the greatest thing a band/organiztion can do for its fans.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Did they have to make it free?

Did people all of a sudden realize-"Why should I pay for this?"

You're a hoot! :)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• cutback wrote:
    I'm skeptical. There has to be strings attached with this. Sharon is too good a business woman not to make money off this. I realize there are sponsors but what will that entail? Sponsor logos on the bands clothes? This tour might look like a NASCAR race.

I agree with you on that.

taken directly from the announcement:
    "To gain entry into the event, fans will go to http://www.ozzfest.com or http://www.livenation.com to find links that will direct them to special sponsor sites where tickets can be secured. More details regarding the process are forthcoming."

Sounds to me like fans are going to have to give up marketable information, like e-mail or address info.

My guess is that once you go to these "special sponsor sites", you'll have to provide a name and address where the free tix can be mailed to you. That way, the sponsors will end up with a huge database of new marketing leads for junk mail, etc.

Still, for free tickets, it may be worthwhile to a lot of people in exchange for all the unwanted solicitation.

sorry i'm late...

its free becasue OZZFEST is awful...
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    $25 beer
    $18 soda
    $15 water
    $75 t-shirts

No re-admission.

;)
  • Manimal wrote:

that's mega-gay if that is the extent of all this free hoopla
  • that's mega-gay if that is the extent of all this free hoopla

Thats last years tour dates people can't read
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
    that's mega-gay if that is the extent of all this free hoopla

Yeah I know. Not sure if that's what it is or not but it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Manimal wrote:

last years tour dates READ!!!!!!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Manimal wrote:

they would be the 2006 dates
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    Manimal wrote:

Those are last years shows.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
    Okay Okay! Sooooorrrryyyy.
  • I agree with you on that.

taken directly from the announcement:
    "To gain entry into the event, fans will go to http://www.ozzfest.com or http://www.livenation.com to find links that will direct them to special sponsor sites where tickets can be secured. More details regarding the process are forthcoming."

Sounds to me like fans are going to have to give up marketable information, like e-mail or address info.

My guess is that once you go to these "special sponsor sites", you'll have to provide a name and address where the free tix can be mailed to you. That way, the sponsors will end up with a huge database of new marketing leads for junk mail, etc.

Still, for free tickets, it may be worthwhile to a lot of people in exchange for all the unwanted solicitation.
    Kinda like the "Free iPod" sites... I wonder if they will make people 'participate' in offers...

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • not an ozfest person and ozzy is well past his prime however give credit where it is due! this is a cool idea for sharon and ozzy to come up and you cant fault there logic

"We're reaching the same point we did years ago when kids no longer wanted to pay for overpriced CDs. As a result, they found alternative ways of getting music. That’s what’s happening with summer touring in this country, it’s out-pricing itself. We started this and we want to keep it and we want to make it bigger and bigger each year by getting bigger sponsors to be involved with the festival and underwriting the festival. That’s what it’s about."

and i really think she is right! this would explain why bands are having are hard time selling shows out! including pj who in my opinion do there best to keep tickets down! but clearly ticket prices are way out of control and if they are trying to at least draw attention to that its a good thing!