Elvis Vs. Pearl Jam

2»

Comments

• ArtMarsArtMars Posts: 109
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    Elvis wasn't a songwriter. He was a performer.

He did co-write a few of his songs.

I don't know of too many that could out perform him!
  • ArtMarsArtMars Posts: 109
    Sathogwa wrote:
    Nope. That's inaccuate, and popular thing to say by people who don't know what they are talking about. There was nothing that sounded like what Elvis did at Sun Studios before that point. Did it borrow from R&B? Yes. Did it borrow from country? Just as much. But it was a whole different beast than those two forms! On balance, by your logic, you would have to state that he brought the music that hillbillies like Bill Monroe pioneered to a mainstream audience.

I couldn't agree more!
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    i don't really like much of Elivis' music but without him, modern rock music would not exist as it does.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    SLH916 wrote:
    But Elvis never wore multiple pairs of shorts or climbed on scaffolding. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:D:D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I completed an Elvis Needlepoint when I was 18, and it's hanging in my hallway 20 years later. It's him from the early days, basically a head shot. What Elvis and Pearl Jam have In Common are incredible singers with recognizable voices.

I think Eddie would look cute in one of those sparkly white jumpsuits :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird