Chris Cornell!!!

GardenOfStoneGardenOfStone Posts: 21
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I just had to post something about Chris. I loved Soundgarden for most of the time they were together. And then to hear Chris' solo CD was just awsome. He didnt puss out like most singers who go solo. He rocked.
And now, NOW, my friends... AUDIOSLAVE!!! They completely rock! The boys from Rage have found their niche. Rage was fun, but they sound so much better with a real singer and songwriter in front of them. This could be one of the best rock supergroups of all time.

Anyway, there is my love for Chris. Can anyone join me?

PS, check out the song he did with Mike and freinds on the Hendrix Tribute "Stone Free."
"He said little man you got no buisness gettin' frustrated, you gotta rest, you gotta rest you gotta rest... Reach Doooooown... And pick the crowd up... Carry back in your hands, to the promised land!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i love Chris cornell as a musician ´´songwriter,guitar player,charisma on stage, and his vocal skills´´, he has been always an excellent singer, but i was a little surprised when some magazines/web pages named him as a one of five greatest vocalist of all time in rock n roll.... his solo album is a materpiece, and his work in SG and AS has been great........ i´m waiting to hear AS revelations album and then Wait for new cornell solo album...
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I love Chris Cornell :)
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The boys from Rage have found their niche. Rage was fun, but they sound so much better with a real singer and songwriter in front of them.

Rage was infinitely better than Audioslave, in my opinion. Even if you don't like the rap aspect of it (which I suspect you don't), Morello's riffs were so much more powerful and the solos were actually innovative back then. Audioslave is good, but Rage is one of my favorite bands of all time. I could go on and on, but I'll respect your opinion.

Anyway, yeah, Chris Cornell is the man. His voice is pretty shot now, though.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I liked rage better than audioslave but preferred soundgarden to both. I still like audioslave though, anything with chris cornell's voice has a good chance of being decent. Hes an amazing vocalist, one of my favourites.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • tonadax wrote:
    i love Chris cornell as a musician ´´songwriter,guitar player,charisma on stage, and his vocal skills´´, he has been always an excellent singer, but i was a little surprised when some magazines/web pages named him as a one of five greatest vocalist of all time in rock n roll.... his solo album is a materpiece, and his work in SG and AS has been great........ i´m waiting to hear AS revelations album and then Wait for new cornell solo album...
    I'd say he's absolutely in the top 5. He belongs right next to Robert Plant.

Although i say RATM sounded better as RATM, they're adapting and changing into a completely different band with AS which is good.

Cornell is one of the greatest.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Up until about 1999 chris had the best voice on the planet. Listen to birth ritual, loud love, 4th of july, say hello 2 heaven. all superhuman.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • jrzygrljrzygrl Posts: 19
    I like Chris Cornell as well - his voice is awesome and I think the new song "Original Fire" kicks ass
    Escape is never the safest plan

Philly-05
    Camden-06
    Camden-08
    Philly Spectrum -09
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    huge fan of Chris.......some say his voice is shot.......I say it is what it is and he's using it to his fullest ability for 42 year old vocal chords that have been abused for years (smoking, drinking, screaming!!) This is a man who will go on with the show even when sick (hence some not so great vocals LIVE at times) but if ya love him, you'll understand and forgive and be patient for whatever he offers up next. He's at the top of MY list of fav singers.......

a very devoted Audiophile...
    (like ya couldn't tell!!)
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Cornell is the man....Seasons is one of my all time favorite songs.
  • I'd say he's absolutely in the top 5. He belongs right next to Robert Plant.

Although i say RATM sounded better as RATM, they're adapting and changing into a completely different band with AS which is good.

i agree that he belongs right next to plant. he, plant and vedder are my three absolute favortite singers. i didn't realize what a huge cornell fan i was till i got the first audioslave then got morning euphoria. then it occured to me how much i like cornell as a singer, songwriter and musician. as far as i know, i have every full album he's recorded and couldn't do without a single one of them.

B.T.W. i saw cornell last october and his voice and controll was amazing, far from shot.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    B.T.W. i saw cornell last october and his voice and controll was amazing, far from shot.

I saw Audioslave play Loud Love on AOL Sessions and he butchered it. He couldn't sing the high notes... he could only scream them. Now, I don't blame him for it- he's aging, and all those years of shredding his vocal chords mean it isn't him being lazy or anything. But if you ask me, it's as good as shot. Still, what he does in Audioslave is great for what it is... he sings in his range, and when he screams it always works well (listen to Bring Em Back Alive to know what I'm talking about... one of my favorites).
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    Since someone started this thread anyway...

There's this preview bootleg I saw of a supposed "Nirvana with Chris Cornell"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=84D1945F6BB91503

can someone help point out where and when this was? Or if someone has the full version? I googled "Nirvana Chris Cornell rare", and then "All Apologies" came up. Never heard about that rendition either. And this song I posted is NOT All Apologies.

...help?
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    I miss Chris...

I am looking forward to the new solo record.

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
    Just wanted to mention, aside from the Bond theme, he's also working on one for the independent film entitled "Bugs". Could be about insects or computer programs for all I care.
    Reinforcement of some really, bad news:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/audioslave_not_in_hurry_to_tour.html

Do bands just do that? I mean, release an album and then tour for the next year?
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    Just wanted to mention, aside from the Bond theme, he's also working on one for the independent film entitled "Bugs". Could be about insects or computer programs for all I care.

Do you think they might use PJ's Bugs on that s/t as well?:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    mike_s_6 wrote:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/audioslave_not_in_hurry_to_tour.html

Do bands just do that? I mean, release an album and then tour for the next year?

That's fucking brilliant news rather than touring the new Audioslave album, Chris is gonna finish of his new solo album, thats the best fucking news in the world.:):eek::D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Do you think they might use PJ's Bugs on that s/t as well?:D

Perfect for an indie movie!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    mike_s_6 wrote:

If it means Chris will be releasing his solo album, I can wait for Audioslave to tour!!!!
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    I'd say he's absolutely in the top 5. He belongs right next to Robert Plant.

damn right hes in the top five!Euphoria Morning has gotta be one of the most overlooked classic albums of all time.If you havent got it go buy it!Cant wait for solo album 2!
    Cornell pwns u
  • DOSW wrote:
    I saw Audioslave play Loud Love on AOL Sessions and he butchered it. He couldn't sing the high notes... he could only scream them. Now, I don't blame him for it- he's aging, and all those years of shredding his vocal chords mean it isn't him being lazy or anything. But if you ask me, it's as good as shot. Still, what he does in Audioslave is great for what it is... he sings in his range, and when he screams it always works well (listen to Bring Em Back Alive to know what I'm talking about... one of my favorites).

Got to love people who point to a single performance on an off night and say that the guys voice is shot, completely disregarding all the other great performances he made on that same tour.
  • Got to love people who point to a single performance on an off night and say that the guys voice is shot, completely disregarding all the other great performances he made on that same tour.
    you remember santa barabara in 03?

Mike McCready totally sucks ass. :rolleyes:

"Make our day"
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    we got to recognise that cornell is no in he´s 20´s, for more care he gave to his voice the years doesn´t pardon... he´s not shot like many people says... he´s just not the singer he was in SG years or euphoria morning solo album... i think cornell over the years have learned how to handle his voice in a better way...
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    jrzygrl wrote:
    I like Chris Cornell as well - his voice is awesome and I think the new song "Original Fire" kicks ass

i haven´t hear this yet ...is it somewhere to hear maybe

by the way his voice is amazing and well he is amazing...
  • i haven´t hear this yet ...is it somewhere to hear maybe

by the way his voice is amazing and well he is amazing...
    It'll be inescapable in a couple weeks just like the rest of their singles :p

"Make our day"
    Got to love people who point to a single performance on an off night and say that the guys voice is shot, completely disregarding all the other great performances he made on that same tour.

Got to love people who think that when someone gives one example, that's the only one they can give.

Here's the thing, chief... I've watched dozens of videos on YouTube (but using your rationale, I guess they were all off-nights, right?) and I listen to Audioslave all the time. Please, point out something to me that Chris has done in Audioslave that sounds anywhere near things like Say Hello to Heaven, Limo Wreck, or Slaves and Bulldozers. I'd love to hear it.

The man can still sing, yeah. But his voice is no where near as good as it used to be. And yes, I know that he's not expected to sing as well as he used to because of his age and how he tore up his vocal chords. That doesn't negate the fact that his voice is shot.
  • DOSW wrote:
    Got to love people who think that when someone gives one example, that's the only one they can give.

Here's the thing, chief... I've watched dozens of videos on YouTube (but using your rationale, I guess they were all off-nights, right?) and I listen to Audioslave all the time. Please, point out something to me that Chris has done in Audioslave that sounds anywhere near things like Say Hello to Heaven, Limo Wreck, or Slaves and Bulldozers. I'd love to hear it.

The man can still sing, yeah. But his voice is no where near as good as it used to be. And yes, I know that he's not expected to sing as well as he used to because of his age and how he tore up his vocal chords. That doesn't negate the fact that his voice is shot.
    "shot" would mean he can't sing at all. Just because he isn't the demi-god he was in 1991 doesn't mean he still isn't amazing (he is).

"Make our day"
  • DOSW wrote:

Sound of a gun (redub) and fell on black days with the guy form seether both are recent examples which indicate he sings damn fine.The whole montreal gig you posted (loud love) and Cuba clearly demosntrate that Chris had laryngitus (raspy voice when he spoke to the crowd) but unlike the Superunkown or Down on the Upside tours this tour was not postponed or canceled.
  • very simple - his voice does not transfer as well live as it should. I was in the LA show & he sounded tinny and a bit raspy on the recording (bootleg, but great quality) but live it was smooth melting lava...so there ya go.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • very simple - his voice does not transfer as well live as it should. I was in the LA show & he sounded tinny and a bit raspy on the recording (bootleg, but great quality) but live it was smooth melting lava...so there ya go.
    i've heard that a lot.

"Make our day"