Options

Today's college students' favorite band is...

Philliesphan54Philliesphan54 Posts: 16
edited February 2006 in Other Music
This is the top 10 music bands listed by college students on facebook.com as their favorites

1. DMB
2. Coldplay
3. Jack Johnson
4. The Beatles
5. Green Day
6. The Killers
7. Led Zeppelin
8. Incubus
9. Sublime
10. Fall Out Boy

Really, no surprises here, it's what you would expect.

I wonder where Pearl Jam, the list doesn't go further than top 10. I would assume it would be in the top 100, if that, haha.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    they're on mine...mmm...the pulse
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This is the top 10 music bands listed by college students on facebook.com as their favorites

4. The Beatles

7. Led Zeppelin

These are the only two on mine from that list. Pearl Jam is definitely in my top 10 though. (Top 3 to be exact)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I don't remember bein g consulted when this list was compiled :mad:
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Then make a profile on facebook.com and list your favorite bands
  • Options
    I don't remember bein g consulted when this list was compiled :mad:

me neither...

and none of MY FAVE bands are in that list... :(
  • Options
    i think, pretty much, whatever school you choose, at least 6 of the bands are in every list. i go to penn and the list is almost identical save radiohead and rhcp instead of fall out boy and incubus.

also, are any of you guys friends with jeff ament, stone gossard, eddie vedder, mike mccready? i am!!
  • Options
    When did this Fall Out Boy band get so damned big? Just the other day I realized they were playing a show at the hockey arena here in Tampa. I thought they were just another one of those pop/punk/emo things that no one really cared about.

I really am out of the loop these days.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options

1. DMB
    2. Coldplay
    3. Jack Johnson
    4. The Beatles
    5. Green Day
    6. The Killers
    7. Led Zeppelin
    8. Incubus
    9. Sublime
    10. Fall Out Boy

Really, no surprises here, it's what you would expect.

I wonder where Pearl Jam, the list doesn't go further than top 10. I would assume it would be in the top 100, if that, haha.
    Fall Out Boy, Coldplay, the Killers ???? and other than Zeppelin and the Beatles the rest would be lucky to find a spot in my top 30 ... as a senior in high school i pray to god i dont get stuck with some Fall Out Boy lovin' little bitch of a roommate next year... just for the record... heres mine...

1. Pearl Jam
    2. Soundgarden
    3. Grateful Dead
    4. Tom Petty
    5. B.B. King
    6. Phish
    7. S.T.P.
    8. C.C.R.
    9. A.I.C.
    10. Rage Against the Machine
    11. Steve Miller Band
    12. Screaming Trees
    13. Smashing Pumpkins
    14. Zeppelin
    15. Rolling Stones
    (The last couple were pretty close so i went up to 15 :) )
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    When did this Fall Out Boy band get so damned big? Just the other day I realized they were playing a show at the hockey arena here in Tampa. I thought they were just another one of those pop/punk/emo things that no one really cared about.

I really am out of the loop these days.
    Thats exactly what they are, unfortunately that's as big now as Hair metal was in the 80s.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    No O.A.R., G. Love, Guster or Dispatch? Must've been further down the list.

Incubus, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, The Killers... decent bands, but not "college bands" or bands that have large followings mostly compiled by college students.
  • Options
    Thats exactly what they are, unfortunately that's as big now as Hair metal was in the 80s.

Its time like these I am glad to be out of the loop.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I can't stand fall out boy. They're from my neck of the woods, so since they made it big, everyone out here loves them. I know a couple people who used to hang out with them....god they're terrible.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    pjfan020 wrote:
    I can't stand fall out boy. They're from my neck of the woods, so since they made it big, everyone out here loves them. I know a couple people who used to hang out with them....god they're terrible.
    yah... a friend of mine knows them and one of the other shitty bands of that nature and gets backstage passes to some of their shows... its horrible... im truly embarrassed for my generation... first BSB and Spice Girls, now this... *shakes head in utter disbelief*
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    I can't help but post mine... (being a college student and all...) but do they have to be bands? Some of mine are just singers but I love em all the same! In no specific order...

1. Rage Against The Machine
    2. Pearl Jam
    3. Foo Fighters
    4. Ben Harper
    5. Kaiser Chiefs
    6. Green Day
    7. The Beatles
    8. Evanescence
    9. Franz Ferdinand
    10. Muse
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is 77th at my school.. does anyone have PJ in their top 10 at their school? ive looked at tons of schools that should havea high pj fan population and couldn't find them in a top 10

im friends with all of the band members also
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    how did you find out that it was 77th? I thought they only listed the top 10
  • Options
    ChaenChaen Posts: 36
    Growing up having to listen to back street boys and nsync was horrible but everyone told me it would all be over soon and that there would be great music soon. What comes next...fucking little johns annoying ass and shitty ass bands like fall out boy and my chemical romance. When will this cycle of horrible music end?????....Some time in May perhaps???
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004

Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music

Tattooed your name on my arm i always said my girls a good luck charm.
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    yea they really do suck. ive got friends that like em. i tell them it sucks. what can u do u know? so whatever. it seems nowadays that if somethings on the radio it sucks. but you do get the occassional good stuff. OCCASSIONAL. i repeat, OCCASSIONAL. i wish i could start my own radio station and play MY music and let people on this board pick what to play. I HAVE A DREAM...........
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    What a horrible list. College students have terrible fucking taste.

It is pretty much all the same stuff when I browse my network, too.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    sgossard3 wrote:
    Fall Out Boy, Coldplay, the Killers ???? and other than Zeppelin and the Beatles the rest would be lucky to find a spot in my top 30 ... as a senior in high school i pray to god i dont get stuck with some Fall Out Boy lovin' little bitch of a roommate next year... just for the record... heres mine...

Fall Out Boy lovin' bitch!! Now thats classic...... you never know with roomates. They can be really cool people that introduce you to cool things you wouldn't have known of or they can be little bitches.
  • Options
    My old roomate loved Jack Johnson and Ben Harper, who I found to be dull and boring as hell.

He also loved the Pixies and Weezer, who I can totally agree with.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I'm surprised that Howie Day is not on that list.
    I actually like him..
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    College students have terrible fucking taste.

hey hey hey, not all of us do....

how many ppl on here actually have a facebook???..... i do, lol
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    If you can get facebook in canada maybe I would have one.
  • Options
    1. DMB
    2. Green Day
    3. Fall Out Boy
    4. Incubus
    5. The Killers
    6. Rascal Flatts
    7. Coldplay
    8. Jack Johnson
    9. My Chemical Romance
    10. Linkin Park

God its no wonder i hate this school!!!!! Incubus is the only band i remotely like on this list but i can stomach linkin park....i guess it could be worse...justin timberf**k coulda been on there!!!

pearl jam is # 56 up 6 spots from yesterday...
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    who is fall out boy? ive never heard of them.
  • Options
    A pop-punk band that is all the rage with the kids
  • Options
    university of british columbia's top 10
    1. Coldplay +1
    2. Jack Johnson -1
    3. The Beatles
    4. Death Cab for Cutie
    5. Radiohead
    6. The Killers
    7. The Postal Service
    8. Green Day
    9. Led Zeppelin
    10. Modest Mouse

that was better than i expected... radiohead, postal service, modest mouse... i guess the last two are a northwest thing. as is death cab. none of those bands are in my top ten though.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Where are you getting these numbers from?
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    I don't know where they are getting that list from. Probably that facebook site or something. I'm scared to see what my college would look like with all these emo/punk wannabes around. Can't stand that music either. Pearl Jam will always be #1 on my list.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---