Fan killed at Pumpkins concert.

2»

Comments

• Actually no... I make jokes about that shit all the time. Quite honestly, I have this name more for just the meaning... I love the phrase "Blind Melon"... it's really cool, plus the band is good, but meh, I didn't really know the guy, so I really can't feel sad..

I lost someone that was the one that got me into music... I knew that person, and when they passed away... it was the hardest thing ever for me, but I can't really feel sad for something that's so minute like this because mainly, it wasn't part of my life... I guess it's more of a conceited thing, aye?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • ....sounds like it
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Actually no... I make jokes about that shit all the time. Quite honestly, I have this name more for just the meaning... I love the phrase "Blind Melon"... it's really cool, plus the band is good, but meh, I didn't really know the guy, so I really can't feel sad..

I lost someone that was the one that got me into music... I knew that person, and when they passed away... it was the hardest thing ever for me, but I can't really feel sad for something that's so minute like this because mainly, it wasn't part of my life... I guess it's more of a conceited thing, aye?

So if your friend died at a pj gig and you were reading on here that someone was questioning whether he got jack o lanterned to death you would have laughed heartily?

Ive lost friends and I also understand that life isnt to be taken too seriously, but i recognise there are things that i wouldnt say on a forum or anywhere, through common sense more than anything else really.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • No no... since he was part of my life, I would be thoroughly pist off (probably)... but seeing as there's a very small probability that you guys knew this guy, I don't see why you'd be offended, but it comes down to your morals/values, so I can see why you'd get offended by this, and I can also see that it's just a joke. Even though it may be a little too "morbid" for some of you, it was still intended to cause laughter.
  • Ok, I'm not normally one for defending my actions on a messageboard
    because after all, it's just a flippin' messageboard.
    but I can see that I have offended a few folks here and that was,
    whether you choose to believe me or not, the furthest thing from
    my mind when I made that comment.
    I do not take death lightly, it is has hit home far too frequently for
    me to think that way and I would never take pleasure in another's
    misery, even someone I don't know.
    If the truth be told, and you can ask anyone who knows me here,
    I have a truly warped sense of humor and while it is not everyone's
    cup of comedy, it is who I am. take me or leave me, I won't lose any sleep
    over it as I am sure you won't lose any over me.

I saw the thread topic "fan killed at pumpkins concert" and that
    is what I thought of. Jack-0-lanterns. Sue me for giggling a little
    to myself. Perhaps if "smashing" would have been added to the
    title, I may have gone a different route. but probably not.

If it's an apology you are seking then I am sorry if anyone here
    was offended by my words. I am even more sorry some of you
    feel the need to disect and analyze every single post that is made
    here.
    Most of all, I am the most sorry for the guy who died and his
    loved ones.

Peace out.
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • Man I don't think anyone cares that much, it was just bad taste. I too have a warped sense of humour, but I still think there are certain things where you need to be slightly sensitive. I doubt you would go into an Iraq war thread and make a joke about a fallen soldier, or a dead civilian, it's just not the done thing. But whatever, if you think it's fine then that's up to you.
  • Man I don't think anyone cares that much, it was just bad taste. I too have a warped sense of humour, but I still think there are certain things where you need to be slightly sensitive. I doubt you would go into an Iraq war thread and make a joke about a fallen soldier, or a dead civilian, it's just not the done thing. But whatever, if you think it's fine then that's up to you.

I agree with you. whatever.
    If you or anyone else didn't care that much then why bother making
    posts about how tasteless,classless and in poor taste it is?
    Just let it go and move on.

chrissakes, you can't even fucking apologize without being
    admonished around here.
    seriously people, get a grip.
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • 15 minutes wrote:
    I agree with you. whatever.
    If you or anyone else didn't care that much then why bother making
    posts about how tasteless,classless and in poor taste it is?
    Just let it go and move on.

chrissakes, you can't even fucking apologize without being
    admonished around here.
    seriously people, get a grip.

It was the justification that irked me, far more than the original 'joke' in fact.

But moving on, I think it is sad, and quite scary to think this stuff does happen from time to time. I've fallen over in some really nasty mosh pits before and it is no joke. I particularly remember seeing the Foo Fighters one year at Reading Festival and there was a massive surge and loads of people fell over - all I could see was feet coming towards me, fortunately some kind soul picked me up before I was too badly trampled on.
  • I remember (from reading a while back) there was a Deftones mosh pit where there was a girl that got trapped in the middle of... Chino stopped the music, and yelled at the people to let her out. I thought that was pretty cool.
  • who the hell moshes to the point it gets out of hand at a smashing pumpkins concert?