Fan killed at Pumpkins concert.

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited September 2007 in Other Music
These mosh pits are getting out of hand man.... this is to sad.
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• was he jack-o-lantered to death?
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
    But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • When did this happen?
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    FAN DIES AT SMASHING PUMPKINS CONCERT
    A Smashing Pumpkins concert in Vancouver, took a tragic turn on Monday night. A man died at the concert, in what may have been a crowd surfing accident. A witness said the man fell while crowd surfing and when he came out the mosh-pit he was lifeless. Vancouver police are investigating the tragedy, but so far have said no foul play was involved.

thats from much more music.com
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    sounds like someone trying to crowd surf... nothing to do with a mosh pit.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • hometown tragedy:

http://www.nme.com/news/smashing-pumpkins/31384
    http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/070926/340/hjd0h.html&e=l_news_dm
    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008639761

scary shit...really really sad......

i dont know, i cant see this just being from crowd surfing. there was no blood, no bump on the head. time will tell.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • 15 minutes wrote:
    was he jack-o-lantered to death?

you shut up.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    15 minutes wrote:
    tasteless
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • you shut up.

would youl like to bitch slap me as well?

Buffalo wrote:
    tasteless

add some seasoning then.
    I've never met Ed,never shook his hand, talked to him or had my picture taken with him.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    15 minutes wrote:

I dont understand why someone would say such a thing, very strange.

Its a shame when something like that happens at a place like a music gig, meant to be a place where people are enjoying themselves. Could have been anything though, doesnt necessarilly look like it was an out of hand mosh pit. You hear of people dying of things like exhaustion at shows.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu gee wrote:
    I dont understand why someone would say such a thing, very strange.

I guess the same reason I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over words on a computer screen.

maybe it was a strange thing to type. maybe it was tasteless.maybe
    I should "shut up"

and maybe you people need to get the stick out of your asses.

I am truly sorry the dude died. I hope he is crowd surfing up in heaven.
  • 15 minutes wrote:
    I guess the same reason I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over words on a computer screen.

I should "shut up"

dude you have no kooth or class and you are the one with a stick ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    why does every thread on this board these days turn into a slanging match?

let it go!

this is a terrible tragedy. RIP dude
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • dude you have no kooth or class and you are the one with a stick ......

:rolleyes:
  • 15 minutes wrote:

I should "shut up"

maybe you'd understand if it was someone you cared about and some meathead was crackin jokes about it. give your fuckin pumpkin a shake.
  • maybe you'd understand if it was someone you cared about and some meathead was crackin jokes about it. give your fuckin pumpkin a shake.

woohoo, another meathead joins the fracas.
  • 15 minutes wrote:
    woohoo, another meathead joins the fracas.
    just what you wanted right.....your 15 minutes on a bbs? pathetic...attention freak
  • just what you wanted right.....your 15 minutes on a bbs? pathetic...attention freak

you cut me deep shrek, you cut me deep.

I am in the process of taking out a full page ad in your local newspaper
    apologizing for my childish behaviour here on the bbs.

will you love me again when I do that?
  • 15 minutes wrote:
    you cut me deep shrek, you cut me deep.

I am in the process of taking out a full page ad in your local newspaper
    apologizing for my childish behaviour here on the bbs.

will you love me again when I do that?

hmmmmmm.....no.
    at least you admit it was childish....
    I liked pathetic better, but whatevs.
    g'day.
  • "Rock N' Roll is a Savage Animal"-Sebastian Bach
  • 15 minutes wrote:
    add some seasoning then.

Although this is a tragedy, this line made me laugh outloud. Good one.
  • 15 minutes wrote:

How classy.

I honestly couldn't believe this had happened at a Pumpkins concert again when I heard it,I thought it happening back in 96 in Dublin was bad enough but this is dreadful.It's tragic that Roskilde happened to Pearl Jam and that this has happened to the Pumpkins twice when they are two bands who have made a point of telling fans to take care of each other at concerts.
    I really feel sorry for the guy's family,after Roskilde this type of thing never should have happened again.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Although this is a tragedy, this line made me laugh outloud. Good one.

no surprise that you would find this funny.
  • no surprise that you would find this funny.

it's the clowns that keep commenting on how classless and
    tasteless the comment was that make me laugh.

let the fucking thing die for fuck's sake and your problem is
    solved.

oops, I said die.
  • Alright... I can see feeling sorry for this guy, but making a big deal over it... no. I mean, yes, it would be completely different if I knew the guy, but the fact is, I don't... so why should I care? I know that's a really negative way of looking at it... but if I started caring about all these little deaths by stupid acts of people (yes, I considering crowd surfing stupid... I mean, look at it... you're being carried by people you don't know, and you could be dropped by any one dumb asshole that doesn't care.. haha) then I would be a complete mess.

Yes, it's sad the guy died, but whatev, we can't help anything... and feeling sorry for him won't make him come back from death. It just seems that the majority feels like they should show that they're sorry just because that's what the majority does... make themselves look good... now I realize most of you are going to say, "No, because it's respectful and decent." Well then, opinion is opinion.
    If I could, think I would give in.
    Im the most laid back character you could ever meet, i just dont understand why someone would say something like what he said, is that too difficult to understand??!! Christ, I often laugh at jokes that im sure a lot people say are offensive (although secretly laugh at), but what is there to be gained by saying what that guy said? There is being laid back and then there is just being immature.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • What is there to be gained by anything that is said? You die in the end anyway. I was apathetic towards what has been said, but I've said things like that before about even more tragic events... 9/11 mind you, pearl harbor... all that shit, and it's on a more massive scale... and yet, people laugh at jokes like that too, so why getting so upset over one guy?
    If I could, think I would give in.
    Forget it, knock yourselves out.
  • I think life is sacred pretty much whatever, so something like this is sad to me; just in the same way I think it is sad when I hear about a soldier dying, or people dying in natural disasters. Having lost a few people in my life it makes me feel for those left behind, because I can identify with that gutting feeling. I think the comment the first guy made was just a bit tasteless and not needed.

And Blind Melon - I bet you would be the first to complain if people started joking about Shannon Hoon's death.
  • stu gee wrote:
    Forget it, knock yourselves out.

you are correct remember one guy has a blindmelon on he's shoulders the other one is looking for he's 15 minutes of fame that should explain it all or they are both clueless .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....