QOTSA Live

chris05chris05 Posts: 347
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Ok so I am a huge fan but have yet to see them in concert. I'm going to see them in May.... just wondering if this show is going to be as good as I am thinking its going to be?
Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Its gonna be better!!!! Seen them 3x and they blew me away every time!!! After Nick O. was subsequentially kicked out of the band; I actually had doubts in their ability to stay as good as they did..L2P turned out to be one of my favorite albums in the last 10 years....As for Josh well he is pure genius...And watching Castillo work is just a thing of beauty....
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    dude, its gonna be awesome. im seeing them for my 3rd time in april. they are great live. just watch josh. he can wail when he wants to.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    i also saw them three times and honestly they got better each and every time.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    They're doing a free show here in Atlanta sponsored by Southern Comfort in May for those in town here.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    They're doing a free show here in Atlanta sponsored by Southern Comfort in May for those in town here.

where at?
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • I saw them in Pittsburgh back in September 07. I honestly could'nt hear right for a few hours afterwards, always a sign of a good time. They had a kick ass setlist as well.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've seen 'em 5 times and they are always good.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • They're doing a free show here in Atlanta sponsored by Southern Comfort in May for those in town here.

On the weekend? Hm, I'll have to look into this!

Seen them twice, once in a super small hole in the wall venue and once in a major league hockey arena...both times were freakin insane...you will have an amazing time!! As much energy as they have on the CDs...multiply times 16 for a live show! :) Have fun!
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    I saw them in Pittsburgh back in September 07. I honestly could'nt hear right for a few hours afterwards, always a sign of a good time. They had a kick ass setlist as well.

I was there as well. 5th row center... Awesome show! Can't wait to see them again!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I've seen them twice, and they were awesome both times. I could take 'em or leave 'em on record, but the live show is brilliant and I'd defo go see them again.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • PandemicPandemic Posts: 54
    No one is better live.

Josh makes sure the boys bring it every night.

Tighter than a nun's pussy.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    With Nick & Mark - Amazing
    Without - Lacklustre and pretty average.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Pandemic wrote:

Tighter than a nun's pussy.
    lol, you're funny...and yes, QOTSA is fantastic live. One of the best
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Seen them once in Newcastle, UK. Absoutely amazing.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Amazing live band, one of the best I've ever seen.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    Seen them 13 times and I've got to say that they're still pretty good but the Songs for the Deaf era with Nick Oliveri & Mark Lanegan were by far the best times they had!
  • phatucini wrote:
    Seen them 13 times and I've got to say that they're still pretty good but the Songs for the Deaf era with Nick Oliveri & Mark Lanegan were by far the best times they had!

Yes! The secret club tour with Grohl was the best IMO. It was so loud and powerful.
    NERDS!
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    seen em 5 times...in the oliveri/lanegan days....johaines/schneider days and the latest line-up...

and every single show was face-melting. even outdoors. actually especially outdoors. cant think of a band better suited for outdoors shows.

either way,
    be sure that u go near the front. you wont regret it.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    i've seen various incarnations of the 'Queens Of The Stone Age'... and they have yet to disappoint me. One of the best live acts out there today.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    Yes! The secret club tour with Grohl was the best IMO. It was so loud and powerful.

Yep, was lucky enough to see them with D. Grohl @ Rock Werchter in 2002! That was more than amazing when they did a handful of European Festivals with the Foo Master!
  • PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    See 'em 3 times. They are one of the best live acts you will see. Tight playing and Josh is just cool as hell anyways. Got to meet 'em. Nice guy
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Just got tickets. I can't wait.
  • PearlsGirlPearlsGirl Posts: 257
    chris05 wrote:
    Ok so I am a huge fan but have yet to see them in concert. I'm going to see them in May.... just wondering if this show is going to be as good as I am thinking its going to be?

I've seen them twice so far and both times they blew me away. You won't be let down. amazzzzzzzzzing!
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    saw them at the Wamu theater in the garden, they were fucking amazing
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
    On the weekend? Hm, I'll have to look into this!

Seen them twice, once in a super small hole in the wall venue and once in a major league hockey arena...both times were freakin insane...you will have an amazing time!! As much energy as they have on the CDs...multiply times 16 for a live show! :) Have fun!

They're playing Centennial Olympic Park as part of some Southern Comfort music-fest. I remember the same fest a few years back with The Flaming Lips and Wolfmother. I think it's May 17th, if I'm not mistaken, a Sunday in mid-may for sure.
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    chris05 wrote:
    What was your answer for the skill-testing question? 17.2?
    They're playing Centennial Olympic Park as part of some Southern Comfort music-fest. I remember the same fest a few years back with The Flaming Lips and Wolfmother. I think it's May 17th, if I'm not mistaken, a Sunday in mid-may for sure.

Spoke too soon, turns out QOTSA canceled out and have been replaced with Against Me. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    muppet wrote:
    Seen them once in Newcastle, UK. Absoutely amazing.

Was that in March just gone? I was there.:) Absolutely awesome, seen them back in '99 and then the other month which was the best rock show I've witnessed.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Canadian Tour starts tonight! Can't wait!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    cuyler41 wrote:
    Canadian Tour starts tonight! Can't wait!

YEAH BABY!!! as always, Vancouver starts the tour....id hate to be in one of those other cities where you could catch them on their 4th consecutive night playing....they HAVE to be tired by then. you live on the island, so you get em fresh to cuyler! enjoy your show....i will. im taking my 17yr old cousin to his first show ever tonight - QOTSA!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24