Pantera

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    cemetary gates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Klumpie wrote:
    Pantera is great. It's a pity they only could made 5 albums!
    9 if you count their glam albums hahahaha
    i think Pantera will never wanna bring up those 4 albums..though i would buy them if they ever get re-released.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    9 if you count their glam albums hahahaha
    i think Pantera will never wanna bring up those 4 albums..though i would buy them if they ever get re-released.

You're totally right, wiseacre :D

I totally forgot the old (albums). But I only have the 'best of' album. It sounds good, maybe in the future I will buy the rest. I know for sure I will buy the albums 'Cowboys from hell' and 'Vulgar display of power' somewhere in the future.
    Klumpie wrote:
    You're totally right, wiseacre :D

I totally forgot the old (albums). But I only have the 'best of' album. It sounds good, maybe in the future I will buy the rest. I know for sure I will buy the albums 'Cowboys from hell' and 'Vulgar display of power' somewhere in the future.
    man you should get "Far Beyond Driven" and "The Great Southern Trendkill" even more than those two if you really want your dose of heavy metal!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Pantera was one of a few metal bands that I liked. "Vulgar Display of Power" is a great metal album and "Reinventing the Steel" doesn't get the respect it deserves.
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
    "Reinventing the Steel" doesn't get the respect it deserves.
    i will second that...it took awhile for me to like it..but damn once i got into it..it was really good.
    can't say they released a bad metal album.

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    man you should get "Far Beyond Driven" and "The Great Southern Trendkill" even more than those two if you really want your dose of heavy metal!

Take the time man, I want to buy every album there is in the world. But I don't have a moneytree in my garden. Maybe you have two, who you be so kind to send me one?
  • MoondemonMoondemon Posts: 93
    Vulgar display of power is, IMO, their best work.... It's raw and powerfull...
    It's in my top best metal albums of all time, with reign in blood (slayer...well all their albums are in my top best...), state of euphoria (Anthrax) and ..And justice for all (Metallica)
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"
  • speaking of Phillip H Anselmo, I was at the Decades rock live show in Atlantic city the other night, where Alice In Chains was officialy reforming for the first show in ten years (the Tsunami benefit last year wasn't officially dubbed Alice, though I wish I was there).

Anyways, Phil Came out and looked better than ever. He sang Them Bones and Would twice with Alice. Best thing I've ever seen
    "I wish I was a full moon shining off your suber bee's hood" Buffalo 2003
  • Hopefully I'll have the audio soon
    "I wish I was a full moon shining off your suber bee's hood" Buffalo 2003
    Hopefully I'll have the audio soon
    cool
    wonder if anyone has audio of Phil talking to Carrie Underwood....

YNWA
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Pantera were the only band with the ability to say each time "This is our heaviest album yet" and not be lying.:D

Favourite album?
    Mine is The Great Southern Trendkill, just kicks almighty ass and what an opener!

BTW Superjoint Ritual rock...HARD.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Binaural wrote:
    Pantera were the only band with the ability to say each time "This is our heaviest album yet" and not be lying.:D
    lol that is so true
    how many times have we heard that and always be disappointed?!
    Pantera never disappoint :D

YNWA

YNWA
    audio of AIC with Phil from the other day

http://www.badongo.com/file/291405

YNWA
    VH1 has officially begun production on a "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA. A photo of ex-PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul being interviewed by Eric of VH1 for the upcoming program can be viewed at this location http://www.rebelmeetsrebel.com/photos/albums/userpics/10622/normal_CIMG2845.JPG . An exact date for the show has not yet been announced.

PANTERA's career overview CD, "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" (Elektra/Rhino), was certified platinum on January 13, 2006 by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments in excess of one million copies in the U.S.

The 16-song "Vulgar Hits!" CD, originally issued in September 2003, was packaged with a bonus DVD boasting 12 videos, including two live performances. The bulk of the material was culled from the band's six major-label releases, but also included were non-album cuts "Cat Scratch Fever" (a cover of the TED NUGENT song that originally appeared on the Polygram soundtrack to "Detroit Rock City") and the BLACK SABBATH cover "Hole in the Sky", previously available only on import.

PANTERA's classic "Vulgar Display of Power" (Elektra) album was certified double-platinum in 2004, signifying shipments of more than 2,000,000 units in the U.S. since its February 25, 1992 release.

As previously reported, Rhino Video has set an April 4 release date for PANTERA's "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" three-DVD set featuring all the band's videos as well as live footage shot during the Monsters of Rock gig in Moscow.

Originally released on DVD in 1999, this version features the same content with improved menus and all-new Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. In fact, it is the first PANTERA release ever in 5.1 Surround Sound. It features: "Cowboys From Hell The Videos", "Vulgar Video", "3 Watch It Go", and "Pantera Live From Monsters of Rock In Moscow".

YNWA
    jeffbr wrote:
    Phil's a fucking waste. He has great talent, but he has deeper issues. He fucked up Pantera and continues to fuck up his life. I'm sure he'll be joining Dime sooner than is natural.

RIP Dimebag.
    he's doing alot better now..it seems he wasn't drunk at the Heart tribute thing..he was being serious with Carrie Underwood haha.
    just great to see him on stage and with Down touring soon

YNWA
    VH1 has set a May 11 premiere date for the "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA. A photo of ex-PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul being interviewed by Eric of VH1 for the upcoming program can be viewed at this location. The exact air times will be announced soon.

YNWA
  • powertoolpowertool Posts: 22
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    VH1 has set a May 11 premiere date for the "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA. A photo of ex-PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul being interviewed by Eric of VH1 for the upcoming program can be viewed at this location. The exact air times will be announced soon.

that's awesome, hopefully later on they'll release an extended version DVD like they did with Megadeth
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I have a friend who knows vinnie paul and he talked to him like 2 weeks ago, My friend said that Vinnie is working on a tribute of some sort for his brother Dimebag Darell. That is all the info I know at this time. I thought I also remembered reading in an article that Vinne was going to working on another project with David Allen Coe.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    I have a friend who knows vinnie paul and he talked to him like 2 weeks ago, My friend said that Vinnie is working on a tribute of some sort for his brother Dimebag Darell. That is all the info I know at this time. I thought I also remembered reading in an article that Vinne was going to working on another project with David Allen Coe.
    he's been doing alot for Dime recently eh...new DVD etc.
    i hope he's sincere aboot all these projects and not using it as an easy way to earn dough.

YNWA
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I've been listening to Pantera quite a lot recently. I was never that into them before but my interest has picked up rather a lot.

Can anyone recommend albums? I have the Re-inventing album, with the bonus dvd, but no actual studio albums.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Buy the albums from Cowboys From Hell till Reinventing the Steel.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Buy the albums from Cowboys From Hell till Reinventing the Steel.
    great advice :D
    you cannot go wrong with any of their releases from Cowboys
    if you like old MetallicA..get Cowboys..you want heavier shit..get the rest.
    I personally highly recommend "The Great Southern Trendkill" and "Far Beyond Driven"

YNWA
    Yeah I like the heavier stuff best, so I shall make some purchases over the weekend.

Thanks guys! :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    he's been doing alot for Dime recently eh...new DVD etc.
    i hope he's sincere aboot all these projects and not using it as an easy way to earn dough.

What kind of a thing is that to say? Of course he is sincere Dime was his brother for christ sake.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    What kind of a thing is that to say? Of course he is sincere Dime was his brother for christ sake.

Yeah but some people would still use it as an excuse to make money, I'm not saying that Vinnie is.
    It's sad, but regardless of how close some people are they still feel the need to exploit others.
    A lot of people have said the same about Jerry Cantrell and touring again with AIC. The truth is we can't really know what people's motives are. Hell sometimes we don't even know people at all :(

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I think Vinn just want's his bro to be remembered and as for AIC it wasn't just Laynes band so the rest of them have a right to carry on.
    Why we all have to be so gloomy and always look for the bad in people?
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

I think Vinn just want's his bro to be remembered and as for AIC it wasn't just Laynes band so the rest of them have a right to carry on.
    Why we all have to be so gloomy and always look for the bad in people?
    Trust me..I don't wanna see the bad but money can make people do alot.
    I'm not saying Vinnie is some greedy asshole but at the same time I just wished people would stop with this Dimebag thing..like Dean Guitars even trying to make money off Dimebag merchandise...where were all these t-shirts when he was alive and kicking ass everynight on tour?

and yeh I agree with the AIC thing..Jerry did more for the band than Layne ever did so I have no problem with this AIC tour.

YNWA
    I totally agree about people outside of friends and family are deffinately just trying to make money of a him, but these are the kind of people who have no morals or common sence of decency.