Call me an asshole, but...

2»

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Ironically, this thread has been buried by the music game threads.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I guess I don't mind them, however if by chance this Message Pit is on the same server as the "Goods Section" on Pearljam.com, I'd hope these long threads aren't a straw on the camel's back with regards to server capacity.

I was going to bring up the same thing. I'm sure the same people who post on those threads are some of the same ones who complain about the server crashing.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    pjl44 wrote:
    I enjoy coming to Other Music for general music discussion. Am I the only one who gets a little annoyed when there's like 10 threads of mindless crap like "I'll name a band, you name a band that begins with the last letter" or "Name a band that has more vowels than consonants," etc.

You are NOT the only one.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    rrivers wrote:
    I was going to bring up the same thing. I'm sure the same people who post on those threads are some of the same ones who complain about the server crashing.

That's hilarious.

Surely they'd delete them if they thought that were the case?
    I love them and play often. I have actually come to hear about certain bands that I would not have heard of otherwise.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    pjl44 wrote:
    I enjoy coming to Other Music for general music discussion. Am I the only one who gets a little annoyed when there's like 10 threads of mindless crap like "I'll name a band, you name a band that begins with the last letter" or "Name a band that has more vowels than consonants," etc.

Just an opinion.
    agreed
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I'm pretty sure that most people who post in those threads are only doing so to raise their post count.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Yeah it is very annoying when threads disappear because someone has posted on every game thread going. I wish they had a seperate forum for people who want to play these games.

....or not have the games :)
  • An 'Ignore Thread' option would seem like the logical solution.
    hate was just a legend
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    An 'Ignore Thread' option would seem like the logical solution.

Good idea! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • pjl44 wrote:

Just an opinion.

u brand new to this cyberspace thing, or what??

world peace is what really matters...
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    An 'Ignore Thread' option would seem like the logical solution.
    this would be fantastic.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    rrivers wrote:
    The people trying to order tickets are the ones who complain about that. :rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    pjl44 wrote:

Just an opinion.

well, I am not addicted by these games but I don't get annoyed either... sometimes they are fun but I love this section as well (my second fav after GTF)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    tybird wrote:
    The people trying to order tickets are the ones who complain about that. :rolleyes:

I know that. I'm saying the same people who complain about the server crashing when they buy tickets also waste server space with their stupid games. :rolleyes:
    You know what might be worse than the games? When people just post lyrics or start a lyric and want the rest of the thread to finish it.

I just saw one on the front page of Porch, for, coincidently, "Porch". Kill me now.
  • rrivers wrote:
    You know what might be worse than the games? When people just post lyrics or start a lyric and want the rest of the thread to finish it.

I just saw one on the front page of Porch, for, coincidently, "Porch". Kill me now.

I was just thinking that! :eek: What do people get out of that? Is it just a way for lonely people to get folks to pay attention to them?:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Seriously!!!! I honestly don't know what you get out of it!