Missing band member in Fairhaven, MA

2»

Comments

• pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Hell no I wouldn't be pissed. Because it's true. IF you said that, it would be 100% true and I would have to deal. That's what I believe.

Hmm... so you knew him personally? As did everyone else in this thread. Oh, I got it.

The ONLY insensitive remark I made was the very first, which is Mr. Bucket. And that was before we all knew he was dead. Secondly, he's just gone on a trip is a euphamism. So eat me. If you flame me I'll flame you back.

It's arrogant assholes like you that will never get it. You'll live your life treating people like shit and wonder why, in 20 years, you're completely alone.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Since this morning at 12 AM, try and guess how many people died in the world. assuming a MINIMUM of 1 person dying per second (I believe the average is 3), that's 21 hours times 60 mins times 60 seconds: that equals 75,600 people, or 70,000 minumum. Since you are so sensitive to people's feelings (not an insult) you'll have to feel bad for each and every one of those 70,000 people. And then tomorrow, you can wiat as another 80,000 people die on six different continents, of all ages.

If 80,000 people die every day, then what's one more person. Yes, to him personally it's unfortunate. But there's way bigger things going on than one guy dying. Some people die and get lots of attention, particularly people like Jean Bennet Ramsey (or however you spell her name), and then the other 90% get nothing at all.
    I suggest you quit while you're behind...
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    It's arrogant assholes like you that will never get it. You'll live your life treating people like shit and wonder why, in 20 years, you're completely alone.

This comment is why I said if you flame me I'll flame you back." Because that's what you're doing.

Fuck.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    This comment is why I said if you flame me I'll flame you back." Because that's what you're doing.

Fuck.

Yeah. You're the victim here.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Yeah. You're the victim here.

I didn't say that, thanks for twisting my words. But if I swear and flame at you, don't give me a bastardized, twisted interpretation of what I said.
  • I wish there was some kind of "shaking head, giving up hope for Alex_Coe" emoticon...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    I'd just like to take the time to point out that we do have the handy-dandy "Ignore" function. It has proven useful at times. Perhaps, for some of you, this would be a ripe opportunity to avail yourselves of it.
    rockpants wrote:
    I'd just like to take the time to point out that we do have the handy-dandy "Ignore" function. It has proven useful at times. Perhaps, for some of you, this would be a ripe opportunity to avail yourselves of it.

I don't even know you... so I'll say it straight without any swears. This is how the thread has progressed... digressed...

1) OP says friend is missing

2) I post le bucket as a joke, not knowing his friend is hurt.

3) His friend is hurt, some people offer their condolences.

4) I give a euphamism that says his friend has gone away and people just do that... huh, strange how my metaphor has a lot to do with dying.

5) Two people get mad because I don't sound sad enough for this guy who died.

6) I mention that there are sadder things happening than this one dead kid.

7) Three posters got mad because they think I don't care about this guy, despite the fact that I said "To him personally it is unfortunate" (It is unfortunate to the OP). Clearly I care about this guy but he's not the only person on the planet who died.

8) Flame war.
  • SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    How horrible! I'm so sorry OmahaJammer. For your loss especially, but also for the shit you've had to read as a result of trying to get some help.

I wish you, his band, and his family some comfort while dealing with this.
    I wish there was some kind of "shaking head, giving up hope for Alex_Coe" emoticon...

This is it: :^(

EDIT: It should also have a high horse in there somewhere but I can't quite fit it in. ;)
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Can we please stop this? Pretty please?
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Damn, terrrible story. Sorry for your loss Omaha.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• I was dumb for posting this on here. I just knew there were a lot of 20-something's from Massachusetts that visit this board...figured it was worth a shot in case he was just missing and needed to be found. Turns out the worst-case scenario played itself out. Mods, feel free to move this somewhere else or delete it....it has nothing to do with Pearl Jam. However, thanks for those with something positive to say. A god-damn tragedy.

Thank you for posting this story - it hits very close to home for me.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Glad to see things get cleaned up. My condolences, OmahaJammer.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    This is truely a sad story. Very sorry to hear this.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    my condolences.
    are they saying how he died?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    To the friends, family and fans, my deepest condolences :( What a sad time for all who are impacted both directly and indirectly!

For all of the knuckleheads who posted stupidity in response to Omaha's plea for help, SHAME ON YOU. If this was one of your loved ones, and they went missing, think how you would feel. And now that the worst case scenario came to fruition, think how friggin stupid you sounded! I am embarrassed for you, and hope that you can learn to be a little more empathetic in situations like this. I truly hope you can learn from this and think before you post next time!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!