Missing band member in Fairhaven, MA

OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
edited June 2007 in Other Music
This probably isn't the best place for this, but at this point, the more eyes it hits, the better. My friends are in a band called Ra Ra Riot from Syracuse, NY. They are awesome. But last night they put the word out that their drummer, John Pike went missing in Fairhaven, Massachusetts at 3am on Friday night. Nobody has seen him in 36 hours now and it's gotten to the point where everyone in the band is pretty scared. If anyone from the Fairhaven can keep an eye open for him, it would be appreciated. Here's their myspace page, etc:

http://www.myspace.com/rarariot

Take a look, see if you recognize him. Thank you.
Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Posts: 1,510
    wcvb Boston is reporting his body was found in 7ft. of water. I just saw it on tv. They said the name John Pike. So Sorry for you...
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    aaw shit, condolences man:( thats terrible

bet you feel really big now alex_coe
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Oh my god, what happened? Did he take a drunken swim? Damn. Shades of Dennis Wilson. Just horrible.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I am so sorry to hear this. :(
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    hes in the trunk of my car on his way to Vancouver.

naw man. i hope you find him. maby hes really stoned and freaked out sleeping on someone couch
    its ok
  • korby wrote:
    hes in the trunk of my car on his way to Vancouver.

naw man. i hope you find him. maby hes really stoned and freaked out sleeping on someone couch

He's dead. They found his body in a lake a few hours ago.
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    i apologize for my insensitivity
    its ok
  • I'm very sorry this happened. I just checked out their MySpace and their music is pretty cool. I especially liked the song "Each Year".
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Wow is that an awful story...my condolences.

There sure are some serious douchebags around here, by the way...
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    duggro wrote:
    you're a cunt

fingers crossed he's fine! i'm sure he is

I'm sorry. You're right. I feel really horrible now that some pizza-faced 19-year-old English wannabe thinks I'm a cunt.

(Come one. Your friend is probably fine.) I wouldn't worry until he's been gone 72+ hours. Sometimes people jsut need to get away. One time my cousin went to Oregon and partied for five days without telling anybody. When he got back he was all relaxed up despite the fact that my uncle (his father) was pretty mad. Sometimes folks take an unexpcted hiatus.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I'm sorry. You're right. I feel really horrible now that some pizza-faced 19-year-old English wannabe thinks I'm a cunt.

(Come one. Your friend is probably fine.) I wouldn't worry until he's been gone 72+ hours. Sometimes people jsut need to get away. One time my cousin went to Oregon and partied for five days without telling anybody. When he got back he was all relaxed up despite the fact that my uncle (his father) was pretty mad. Sometimes folks take an unexpcted hiatus.

He's dead, stupid.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    that's terrible. my condolences.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I love how nobody bothered to read the thread, and find out that he's dead, before making lame jokes and stupid "he's probably fine" comments. It shows you average intelligence of this board.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    OMG, this is so horrible.
    My thoughts are with his friends and family.
    Be safe everyone.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    JWBusher wrote:
    I love how nobody bothered to read the thread, and find out that he's dead, before making lame jokes and stupid "he's probably fine" comments. It shows you average intelligence of this board.

You think every person who goes missing for 36 hours is dead? Not likely. You can't make me feel guilty for having a positive attitude. You know what, fuck you for that. I try to lighten things up and you shit all over it. hooray for JWB.

By the way, you used "you" incorrectly. What the hell. You insulted my intelligence and misused a very common word in the same sentence.
  • Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 327
    pjl44 wrote:
    Wow is that an awful story...my condolences.

There sure are some serious douchebags around here, by the way...

Agreed on both accounts.
    I wonder why he went into the water anyway... :/

and yes, I realised he's dead. But you don't have to shove it in his face.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    I wonder why he went into the water anyway... :/

and yes, I realised he's dead. But you don't have to shove it in his face.

Is there something deeply, deeply wrong with you?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    So sad. Terrible news for his loved ones. Take care.
    Who gives a shit? This guy might be making it all up anyway. I say sorry to him but I won't shed a tear for every person that dies. Yes, it's unfortunate. I'll give him that. But something like 3 people die per second. You can't can't can't let every single death affect you.

If I felt sorry for every single person that died in the world, I'd have no time to live me own life. So let's say to this guy: "I'm sorry about your friend but he doesn't concern me". Because if you pay a tribute (even a small tribute) to one dead man, you have to shed a tear for every other person that dies too. It's only fair. Just because you don't hear a news story about a guy who died in whateverland, doesn't mean he didn't die. Unless you believe in "see no evil, hear no evil." In that case, the only deaths that matter are the ones you hear about.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    Who gives a shit? This guy might be making it all up anyway. I say sorry to him but I won't shed a tear for every person that dies. Yes, it's unfortunate. I'll give him that. But something like 3 people die per second. You can't can't can't let every single death affect you.

If I felt sorry for every single person that died in the world, I'd have no time to live me own life. So let's say to this guy: "I'm sorry about your friend but he doesn't concern me". Because if you pay a tribute (even a small tribute) to one dead man, you have to shed a tear for everyother person that dies too. It's only fair. Unless you believe in "see no evil, hear no evil."

It's one thing not to shed a tear, but to carry on making twisted comments like you did, before and after it was posted that he was dead is plain wrong.

Of course, my condolences to all who knew him. (Is it that hard to just say THAT, Alex?)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Alex - You would be better of just keeping your mouth shut. You're a fucking ASS.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    JWBusher wrote:
    Alex - You would be better of just keeping your mouth shut. You're a fucking ASS.

Since this morning at 12 AM, try and guess how many people died in the world. assuming a MINIMUM of 1 person dying per second (I believe the average is 3), that's 21 hours times 60 mins times 60 seconds: that equals 75,600 people, or 70,000 minumum. Since you are so sensitive to people's feelings (not an insult) you'll have to feel bad for each and every one of those 70,000 people. And then tomorrow, you can wiat as another 80,000 people die on six different continents, of all ages.

If 80,000 people die every day, then what's one more person. Yes, to him personally it's unfortunate. But there's way bigger things going on than one guy dying. Some people die and get lots of attention, particularly people like Jean Bennet Ramsey (or however you spell her name), and then the other 90% get nothing at all.
  • OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    I was dumb for posting this on here. I just knew there were a lot of 20-something's from Massachusetts that visit this board...figured it was worth a shot in case he was just missing and needed to be found. Turns out the worst-case scenario played itself out. Mods, feel free to move this somewhere else or delete it....it has nothing to do with Pearl Jam. However, thanks for those with something positive to say. A god-damn tragedy.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Since this morning at 12 AM, try and guess how many people died in the world. assuming a MINIMUM of 1 person dying per second (I believe the average is 3), that's 21 hours times 60 mins times 60 seconds: that equals 75,600 people, or 70,000 minumum. Since you are so sensitive to people's feelings (not an insult) you'll have to feel bad for each and every one of those 70,000 people. And then tomorrow, you can wiat as another 80,000 people die on six different continents, of all ages.

If 80,000 people die every day, then what's one more person. Yes, to him personally it's unfortunate. But there's way bigger things going on than one guy dying. Some people die and get lots of attention, particularly people like Jean Bennet Ramsey (or however you spell her name), and then the other 90% get nothing at all.

Wow. You're a fucking prick. Just don't post anything instead of posting something totally insensitive. If your friend/brother/mom died, and someone said, "Well, that's just 1 of hundreds of people that died recently," you'd be pissed. You don't even know this person or anything about it, so why the hell would you even make a comment? Is it really that difficult for you to a) ignore the post or b) simply say, "Wow, that's terrible. I hope they find him" or "I'm so sorry for your loss"? Really? That tough?

God I hate some of the people on this board sometimes.

Edit: I AM very sorry for your loss. A young man with obvious potential dying at such a young age is a tragedy no matter what.
    Wow. You're a fucking prick. Just don't post anything instead of posting something totally insensitive. If your friend/brother/mom died, and someone said, "Well, that's just 1 of hundreds of people that died recently," you'd be pissed. You don't even know this person or anything about it, so why the hell would you even make a comment?

Hell no I wouldn't be pissed. Because it's true. IF you said that, it would be 100% true and I would have to deal. That's what I believe.

Hmm... so you knew him personally? As did everyone else in this thread. Oh, I got it.
    Is it really that difficult for you to a) ignore the post or b) simply say, "Wow, that's terrible. I hope they find him" or "I'm so sorry for your loss"? Really? That tough?

God I hate some of the people on this board sometimes.

Edit: I AM very sorry for your loss. A young man with obvious potential dying at such a young age is a tragedy no matter what.

The ONLY insensitive remark I made was the very first, which is Mr. Bucket. And that was before we all knew he was dead. Secondly, he's just gone on a trip is a euphamism. So eat me. If you flame me I'll flame you back.