Confirmed Lolla bands?

DeetroitBaasketballDeetroitBaasketball Posts: 379
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Wondering if there have been any other confirmations to the Lolla lineup? Obviously PJ and then some other rumored bands (not interested in rumors)... when will the official line-up be released, after April 12?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    pearl jam.

that's it. they're going to release the lineup next week i believe.
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    I've seen articles about The Roots (?eustlove said for Chi-town residents to be ready for the "l" word) and Lupe Fiasco. Last time I looked at Wikipedia (I know, I know-cool it) they had about twenty bands and links to the articles "confirming" such.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
    Ott wrote:
    I've seen articles about The Roots (?eustlove said for Chi-town residents to be ready for the "l" word) and Lupe Fiasco. Last time I looked at Wikipedia (I know, I know-cool it) they had about twenty bands and links to the articles "confirming" such.

Scratch the links crap. I assume Lolla had a problem with it; it changed already, but here's the quote to save some time:

Lollapalooza will again take place in Grant Park, Chicago, for the first of a five year contract signed between Lollapalooza and the city. It will take place between August 3-5. There was a pre-sale special pricing $60 for a 3 day pass. Early bird tickets will be for sale on April 3rd for around $1 per band. Early bird tickets went on sale this year for $165. Tickets were not subject to a service fee and have an optional shipping charge if you desire hard copies of tickets. The standard price of the tickets this year is $195 (without service charges.)

-The Lineup for this year's festival will be announced April 12-www.lollapalooza.com

-Pearl Jam will headline Sunday night. - Bands including The White Stripes, Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, The Roots, Lupe Fiasco, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, and The Phantoms of Philosophy are also rumored to be playing at the three day festival.
    -Shakespeare
    Ott wrote:
    -Pearl Jam will headline Sunday night. - Bands including The White Stripes, Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, The Roots, Lupe Fiasco, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, and The Phantoms of Philosophy are also rumored to be playing at the three day festival.

im really hoping arcade fire is there... this would be the perfect time for them to play it. they're on top of the world right now and an epic lolla show could catapault them into the elite.

im half afraid that of the half dozen bands i've already seen this spring, all of them will end up at lolla and i'll feel like i shoulda been more selective ;) bands like tv on the radio, hold steady, brand new, decemberists, modest mouse, bloc party... all seem like no brainers for lolla, hehe.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i'm sooooo excited to be going!!! i've never been to lollapalooza or chicago...should be amazing!! a guy i work w/ told me some of the bands that are playing...he has some "insider's info"...but i forget who he said. they were more dance/dj i think?!?
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
    iamsampj wrote:
    i'm sooooo excited to be going!!! i've never been to lollapalooza or chicago...should be amazing!! a guy i work w/ told me some of the bands that are playing...he has some "insider's info"...but i forget who he said. they were more dance/dj i think?!?

yeah, they have a kind of "rave" element on certain stages, like bonnaroo. rest assured, you will not see me anywhere near that tent.

if you need a couch to crash on, hit me up!
    yeah, they have a kind of "rave" element on certain stages, like bonnaroo. rest assured, you will not see me anywhere near that tent.

if you need a couch to crash on, hit me up!

yeah...i think i'll skip that area too! now i remember...the klaxons (sp?) was a band he mentioned. they're not too bad...i'll have to give their cd a few more listens at work!

thanks for the couch offer...i'll let you know!! as of right now, i'll be staying at the hyatt near the park. my old roommate works for them, so we are able to stay there for free.

i can't wait to find out the lineup...last year was so amazing, i don't know how they'll top it?!?
    iamsampj wrote:
    yeah...i think i'll skip that area too! now i remember...the klaxons (sp?) was a band he mentioned. they're not too bad...i'll have to give their cd a few more listens at work!

thanks for the couch offer...i'll let you know!! as of right now, i'll be staying at the hyatt near the park. my old roommate works for them, so we are able to stay there for free.

i can't wait to find out the lineup...last year was so amazing, i don't know how they'll top it?!?

shit, if you can get into the hyatt cheap, forget my couch! but there are a lot of pearl jam fans going i think. we should all meet up at some time. i'll drag my gf... if she can survive the meeting of the crazies, that will be the last test ;)
    shit, if you can get into the hyatt cheap, forget my couch! but there are a lot of pearl jam fans going i think. we should all meet up at some time. i'll drag my gf... if she can survive the meeting of the crazies, that will be the last test ;)
    Ah, the meet up. Great idea. The benefit was fun last year. I'm sure ther'll be sticky up for one soon.
    We're bringing mad Texas love for ya'll. May be ten or so of us (we'll see how many flake); at least half that confirmed so far. We're staying at the Congress Plaza for the weekend I believe. Look for the TX flag flying proud!

Ott
    -Shakespeare

ahhh...what would a trip to chicago be without a meet up?!? hope your gf doesn't get too jealous when i shake your hand ;)
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Ott wrote:
    Ah, the meet up. Great idea. The benefit was fun last year. I'm sure ther'll be sticky up for one soon.
    You are psychic! ;)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=4318935&posted=1#post4318935
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    iamsampj wrote:
    ahhh...what would a trip to chicago be without a meet up?!? hope your gf doesn't get too jealous when i shake your hand ;)

that will depend on the look in your eye when you do darling ;)
    that will depend on the look in your eye when you do darling ;)
    ohhh...i'll try and contain myself ;) i don't get in the way of relationships...it's a rule! ahahaha!
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Keep an eye on pollstar:

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Venue&Content=BILCHGP&PSKey=Y

They tend to add bands before initial announcements, although there isn't much there yet besides !!!, the Annuals, and PJ.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I don't have any rumors to report, but I'd be excited to find out that Smashing Pumpkins and/or Wilco are playing Lolla.

Both of them have ties to Chicago and have new albums out this spring/summer.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    Wilco played last year so I highly doubt they will be back again. but who knows
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I don't have any rumors to report, but I'd be excited to find out that Smashing Pumpkins and/or Wilco are playing Lolla.

Both of them have ties to Chicago and have new albums out this spring/summer.

Pumpkins will be at the Virgin Record Fest in Balt MD that is held the same weekend. That is Aug 4th and 5th only.

I am holding out for them to be the headliner for Friday night.

Wilco played last year.

Arcade Fire also played Lolla. I am not sure if it was last year or before last. I would like to see them since I am just getting into them. They have 3 shows sold out at the Chicago Theatre a few months before Lolla.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
    PJPAT wrote:
    Pumpkins will be at the Virgin Record Fest in Balt MD that is held the same weekend. That is Aug 4th and 5th only.

I am holding out for them to be the headliner for Friday night.

Wilco played last year.

Arcade Fire also played Lolla. I am not sure if it was last year or before last. I would like to see them since I am just getting into them. They have 3 shows sold out at the Chicago Theatre a few months before Lolla.

yeah, and tickets to those 3 are impossible to get ;)

im hoping arcade fire plays. death cab played it back to back years.
    Beck, Daft Punk, Pearl Jam, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, LCD Soundsystem, The Roots, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, Jack's Mannequin, !!!, The Fratellis, Lupe Fiasco, Peter Bjorn and John, Cold War Kids, The New Amsterdams, Son Volt, Annuals, Rhymefest, Charlie Musselwhite, Ghostland Observatory, Perry Farrell, The Satin Peaches

According to lastfm.com
    -Shakespeare
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    Ott wrote:
    Beck, Daft Punk, Pearl Jam, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, LCD Soundsystem, The Roots, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, Jack's Mannequin, !!!, The Fratellis, Lupe Fiasco, Peter Bjorn and John, Cold War Kids, The New Amsterdams, Son Volt, Annuals, Rhymefest, Charlie Musselwhite, Ghostland Observatory, Perry Farrell, The Satin Peaches

According to lastfm.com

lol and hopefully some other "known" bands....i hope i dont regret paying $165 to see pj in a field with 60,000 people. please be another big band that i know and love....some NIN, tool, radiohead, incubus....pj and one of those bands would be worth it. come on gimme something!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
    tremorvoid wrote:
    lol and hopefully some other "known" bands....i hope i dont regret paying $165 to see pj in a field with 60,000 people. please be another big band that i know and love....some NIN, tool, radiohead, incubus....pj and one of those bands would be worth it. come on gimme something!

maybe you should hop on board the "it's a new decade and grunge is dead" train ;) it wouldnt kill you to hear some new music, you will still get your money's worth. lolla was always about exposure for more up and coming acts, rather than being the all star game like bonnaroo or the woodstocks. but the lineup comes out tomorrow, so the debate can end!
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    maybe you should hop on board the "it's a new decade and grunge is dead" train ;) it wouldnt kill you to hear some new music, you will still get your money's worth. lolla was always about exposure for more up and coming acts, rather than being the all star game like bonnaroo or the woodstocks. but the lineup comes out tomorrow, so the debate can end!

yeah yeah yeah....when this generations new music lives up to my generations good music...then ill have something new to listen too. but very few of these "indie" bands make it....and theres usually a reason for that. however that being said...i just saw a band the other night....and they blew me away! and thats hard to do...REALLY hard to do considering i had never heard them before. Their name is Autovein. they are from st louis...and they rock so hard...and hes got an amazing voice.

but i have very high standards for the music that ill listen to on any regular basis. they have to have talent, have a great singer, make me FEEL the music...and the music needs to MOVE me...pull me in with great riffs and transitions and bridges...have good lyrics and a voice that isnt afraid to show some emotion (other than the whiney emo shit...or whatever that crap is called). they have to be able to perform a great LIVE show. their albums need to FLOW....they need to have lasting potential. when i listen to their show or album for the first time...they need to make me wanna go home and listen to them again....if they cant do that....ehhh they dont have what it takes for me.

and i know what lolla's been about...ive been to a few back in the day...and most of the bands i had heard of before seening them. oh and the big difference was that tickets were like 40 bucks and not 165. oh well...hopefully ill be pleased with the selections and enjoy some new bands when im there.
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I cant wait until the bands are confirmed so the speculation ends.

Does anyone know when they announce? Is it a late in the day announcement?

So many great bands have been rumored but Lolla is for the up and coming bands. That is what Pearl Jam was in 92 and how I was introduced to them.

Could the next great band be mixed in somewhere this year?
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • One more day!
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Looks like some (or all) of it leaked...

http://www.avclub.com/content/newswire/lollapalooza_2007_lineup_one

Hopefully that's not all. Luckily I got the $60 ticket. Keeping my fingers crossed they add at least one more big name headliner. This isn't as "mind blowing" as the Lolla site led me to believe. I probably wouldn't spend $195 a ticket for this.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
    Good find. Thanks for the heads up.

Ott
    -Shakespeare
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Pearl Jam, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol, Spoon, TV On The Radio, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Yo La Tengo, Hold Steady, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Son Volt, Peter Bjorn & John, Tapes N Tapes, Tokyo Police Club, Cold War Kids, Annuals, Sam Roberts

.....not too shabby - thought there might be a couple more standouts on the line-up (ie. the Decemberists, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, the Shins, Wilco, Feist, Stars)

.....if this is the line-up, who would be headlining the non-Pearl Jam nights????
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Todd76 wrote:
    Pearl Jam, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol, Spoon, TV On The Radio, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Yo La Tengo, Hold Steady, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Son Volt, Peter Bjorn & John, Tapes N Tapes, Tokyo Police Club, Cold War Kids, Annuals, Sam Roberts

.....not too shabby - thought there might be a couple more standouts on the line-up (ie. the Decemberists, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, the Shins, Wilco, Feist, Stars)

.....if this is the line-up, who would be headlining the non-Pearl Jam nights????
    Yeah, I thought for sure they'd get some more standouts like the ones you mentioned. It's not a bad lineup, but it's not my "dream lineup" by any means.

Keep in mind though, there's only about 80 bands listed so far...so about 50 more will be added by August.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Hell if thats the lineup... I may not go. Not really that stellar. I was hoping to see Wu Tang or Nine Inch Nails to add some diversity, but seeing the Stooges on it is kinda cool.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

tremorvoid wrote:
    yeah yeah yeah....when this generations new music lives up to my generations good music...then ill have something new to listen too. but very few of these "indie" bands make it....and theres usually a reason for that. however that being said...i just saw a band the other night....and they blew me away! and thats hard to do...REALLY hard to do considering i had never heard them before. Their name is Autovein. they are from st louis...and they rock so hard...and hes got an amazing voice.

but i have very high standards for the music that ill listen to on any regular basis. they have to have talent, have a great singer, make me FEEL the music...and the music needs to MOVE me...pull me in with great riffs and transitions and bridges...have good lyrics and a voice that isnt afraid to show some emotion (other than the whiney emo shit...or whatever that crap is called). they have to be able to perform a great LIVE show. their albums need to FLOW....they need to have lasting potential. when i listen to their show or album for the first time...they need to make me wanna go home and listen to them again....if they cant do that....ehhh they dont have what it takes for me.

and i know what lolla's been about...ive been to a few back in the day...and most of the bands i had heard of before seening them. oh and the big difference was that tickets were like 40 bucks and not 165. oh well...hopefully ill be pleased with the selections and enjoy some new bands when im there.

it was a one day festival then. 40x3= 120. only a $45 raise. that probly barely outpaces inflation. there will be plenty of great bands there.