Your favorite soundtrack that isn't Singles?

13»

Comments

• O Brother Where Art Thou is way up there for me, It's such an original soundtrack and it really captures the feeling of the movie.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • The movie might have sucked but the Last Action Hero soundtrack is bad ass. AIC, Megadeth, Aerosmith, Queenrsyche, Tesla, Anthrax, AC/DC...
    "Caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go..." - EV
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    Judgement night
    grimmy
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Suburbia - without a doubt...Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, Superchunk, Elastica, Thurston Moore, Boss Hog, Butthole Surfers, GVSB
    Six Feet Under Vol. 2....Arcade Fire, Interpol, Radiohead, Death Cab For Cutie
    Garden State....the Shins, Frou Frou, Simon & Garfunkel, Coldplay, Nick Drake, Iron & Wine
    Requiem For A Dream....Kronos Quartet - scary stuff
    Lost In Translation....My Bloody Valentine, Kevin Shields, Jesus and Marychain
    Magnolia....Aimme Mann
    Vanilla Sky....REM, Sigur Ros, Peter Gabriel, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, Jeff Buckley
    I Am Sam
    Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind....for the BECK song alone
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    The Crow.

NIN
    RATM
    helmet
    rollins band
    the jesus and mary chain
    the cure
    my life with the thrill kill kult...

plus more.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Turns out ONE of my fave soundtracks is connected to PJ--I had no clue til a week ago or so.

Threesome soundtrack
    and many more
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Fantasia 2000
    Fantasia
    Crow: City of Angels
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Eraserhead wrote:
    Natural Born Killers
    Lost Highway
    Mulholland Drive
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Kill Bill vol 1
    Twin Peaks
    Wild At Heart
    21 Grams
    Requiem for a Dream

haha I knew at least 1 Lynch fan would make half of my list for me ;)

Have you seen Inland Empire? The soundtrack for that will rule if they put all the songs on it.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Valley Girl
    Godzilla - shitty movie,though
    Pretty in Pink
  • Well since a lot of the obvious ones have been mentioned several times (Almost Famous, The Crow, Magnolia, I Am Sam, etc...) I'm going with one that hasn't been mentioned yet that I think is incredible:

28 Days Later

It just sets this mood that's amazing... if you've heard it you should know what I'm talking about.
    28 Days Later

It just sets this mood that's amazing... if you've heard it you should know what I'm talking about.

Is the Godspeed You Black Emperor song on that soundtrack.....LOVE that band and that song (which plays during the scene where the main character guy gets out of the hospital and comes to the realization that everyone is dead) is freaking intense and perfect for that scene. Their music is obviously really well suited for soundtracks - but they are far too anti-establishment to let their songs get used very often

.....great movie too!!!!!
  • ^^^ Love that song too.

My favorite soundtrack at the moment is 'The Last Kiss' but it changes often.

I also love 'Garden State', 'Chelsea Walls', and 'I am Sam'.
    Cock Fight.
  • Todd76 wrote:
    Is the Godspeed You Black Emperor song on that soundtrack.....LOVE that band and that song (which plays during the scene where the main character guy gets out of the hospital and comes to the realization that everyone is dead) is freaking intense and perfect for that scene. Their music is obviously really well suited for soundtracks - but they are far too anti-establishment to let their songs get used very often

.....great movie too!!!!!

Unfortunately it isn't, but still great nonetheless in my opinion.
  • Transformers: The Movie

and Purple Rain
  • vmfury wrote:
    Great Expectations
    Garden State
    Romeo and Juliet

YES!

I forgot about '13 going on 30'

I can't help but love the Pat Benatar and The Talking Heads.
    Cock Fight.
  • Open Season.
    Unfortunately it isn't, but still great nonetheless in my opinion.

I was surprised when I heard a GSYBE song in a movie - i'm not surprised at all that they weren't into having the song appear on the soundtrack
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Trainspotting

Good one!

I also find the Pulp Fiction soundtrack enjoyable.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • judgement night!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    garden state
    i am sam
    life aquatic - seu jorge covering bowie...awesome!!!
    good will hunting
    almost famous - gotta love tiny dancer :)
    empire records
    romeo & juliet
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Queen of the Damned had a kick ass soundtrack.
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • The Life Aquatic
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • I Am Sam
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • The Rules of Attraction
    Donnie Darko
    Garden State