Your favorite soundtrack that isn't Singles?

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I figured most of you would say Singles. I know it's my favorite. It's a tough choice but I'd probably go with my second choice being So I Married an Axe Murderer. It had a ton of cool "indie" and "alternative" stuff I really liked. A good friend that's into U2 has been trying to get me to get the Passengers soundtrack also.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Underworld: Evolutions

Saw 2
  • One of my all-time favorites: Judgement Night

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • The Crow. That soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Phenomenal songs from The Cure, Stone Temple Pilots, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine, Violent Femmes, Pantera, The Jesus and Mary Chain and even more..unbelievable compilation, and is definitely a favorite next to Singles.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Sliver....(it's hot)
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • P&l
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    The Crow is definitely an outstanding one. Last Action Hero has the two Alice in Chains songs and good ones from Queensryche and Megadeth. I've also always been partial to Empire Records. A nice collection from artists representing the softer side of 90s alternative rock.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • The Virgin Suicides. Mostly 70's AM radio pop. There's an awesome Sloan song there, too.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Trainspotting
    I don't have to sell my soul, he's already in me

If you've lost your faith in love and music the end won't be long
  • Grosse Pointe Blank

The second installment of that one was pretty decent, too.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    "Dazed and Confused" for sure
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Pulp Fiction
    Jackie Brown
    Reservoir Dogs
    Kill Bill(s)

good stuff.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,924
    Natural Born Killers
    Lost Highway
    Mulholland Drive
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Kill Bill vol 1
    Twin Peaks
    Wild At Heart
    21 Grams
    Requiem for a Dream
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Yellow Submarine (if you consider that to be a soundtrack)
    Forrest Gump
    Saturday Night Fever
    I Am Sam
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Almost Famous
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    High Fidelity this OST rocks, it was the cd that got me into the Velvet Underground so for that alone it should win but so much great songs, the kinks on eo f the best Dylan songs ever (Most of the Time) all kinds of gold
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Until the End of the World has some damn cool stuff on it. Nick Cave, Talking Heads, an alternate version of Until the End of the World by U2, and a ton of other stuff I can't remember right now.

Magnolia is a real favorite of mine too, since it is pretty much Aimee Mann's best work.

Any of the Wes Anderson films (Rushmore, Royal Tennenbaums, Life Aquatic)

Almost Famous of course is just fantastic, but I don't bother owning it since I pretty much have all that stuff on the actual albums.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • good will hunting

ditto.

"Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Almost Famous or Natural Born Killers.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Garden State or Almost Famous.

And...Dirty Dancing...but do NOT tell anyone that.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• VONVON Posts: 259
    Garden state and I am sam.
  • vanilla sky
    chicago cab
    bottlerockets
  • gabers wrote:
    I figured most of you would say Singles. I know it's my favorite. It's a tough choice but I'd probably go with my second choice being So I Married an Axe Murderer. It had a ton of cool "indie" and "alternative" stuff I really liked. A good friend that's into U2 has been trying to get me to get the Passengers soundtrack also.

garden state...far and away...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    The Harder They Come
    Jackie Brown
    Almost Famous
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    no my favourite soundtrack isn't Singles.

THE CROW.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Probably Natural Born Killers. Gotta love any soundtrack with Bob Dylan, Nine Inch Nails and Patsy Cline.
  • the i am sam soundtrack is really kewl
    I attack with love, pure bug beauty, curl my lips and crawl up to you.
  • wow....good question. I have never really thought about this one before, and I know I am going to miss a couple, but....

The Wall (of that counts)

platoon

a hard days night or let it be

purple rain

good morning vietnam

dumb and dumber

empire records

Midnight Cowboy

spawn

the crow

footloose

Judgement Night
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    definately , Pulp Fiction
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Favorite is Dead Man Walking. That version of Long Road is amazing, as is Face of Love.

Pulp Fiction is pretty cool too, and Resivoir Dogs. Still gives me the chills listening to 'Stuck in the Middle With You'
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball