Which Chris Cornell incarnation is your favorite? Favorite song? Favorite album?

2»

Comments

• MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Soundgarden - The Day I Tried to Live kicks some major ass!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • You really can't go wrong with Cornell....

My tops..

1. Soundgarden---Fell on Black Days, Black Hole Sun, Blow Up the Outside World

2. Temple of the Dog-- CALL ME A DOG!!!

3. Euphoria Morning --- Follow My Way, Pillow of Your Bones

4. Audioslave --- Getaway Car, Heavens Dead, #1 Zero

5. Other --- SUNSHOWER!

**Thats a pretty amazing resume
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    just remembered an old school song..

Beyond the Wheel - Ultramega OK (this is a REAL good album btw)

He F~N WAILS ON THAT SONG! the music was not as complex as there later albums but it still freakin rocks
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    And let's not forget Birth Ritual from the Singles soundtrack. Holy shit that song gets me fired up.
  • suffragettesuffragette Posts: 253
    The one wearing those hiphugger jeans in the video with the car. He is incredibly hot.
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    gabers wrote:
    Loved the Temple of the Dog but I have to give Soundgarten the edge for their Superunkown album. If you don't have it and you like rock music you are doing yourself a disservice by not having it. The whole album is solid. But I will say that my favorite Soundgarten song is Outshined. It is the ultimate definition of grunge. Great grunge. Grunge that makes you want to make a spear and hunt boar. Manly, raw, primal rock music. Did I paint a picture? I've tried but I just can't get into Audioslave. I think it's just a little too mainstream for my taste. I could see them touring with Godsmack or something like that. They're just not original.

I always thought Sunshower was an amazingly beautiful song.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
    gabers wrote:
    And let's not forget Birth Ritual from the Singles soundtrack. Holy shit that song gets me fired up.

Yeah it doesn't get any better than Cornell incoherent screaming like a banshee. Personally I prefer to hear his lyrics.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    Get_Right wrote:
    Superunknown is one of the best rock records...ever
    You said it!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    The one wearing those hiphugger jeans in the video with the car. He is incredibly hot.

Errr, Show me How to Live?
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    This band was MINDBLOWING. While some ppl may/will take offense to this next statement: Soundgarden was Led Zeppelin on steroids IMO. When it comes to soprano vocalists, Cornell blows the fuck out of EVERYONE. I mean, a lot of soprano rock vocalists have a pussy tone, but even when Cornell sings high enough to shatter glass, it still has raw power behind it that will make you want to throw bricks at those bad neighbors that piss you off!!! But anways...

1. Superunknown: Cornell's best work in my opinion. Everything, from the songwriting, instrumental work, and vocals are excellently crafted and is far above phenomenal. On this album, the bands overall sound has the texture of an orchestra (which is something that most good rock bands can't even accomplish). "Like Suicide" is my fav. Soundgarden song, and I also love "4th of July," "Head Down," and "Limo Wreck."

2. Badmotorfinger: This is Soundgarden's most raw work. Cornell lashes out his vocal abilities to the max on this album and shows how metal he is!!! Also, the lyrics will bitchslap you in the face and "Mind Riot" will make you bleed internally!!!

3. Temple of the Dog: Of course this album is a masterpiece bc PEARL JAM is on it!!!! But seriously, not only does this album prove that Matt Cameron is a legend and has always in a sense been a part of Pearl Jam, but also shows how passionate Chris Cornell is about life. Many of the songs were dedicted towards Andrew Wood, and this album allowed Cornell to step into new boundries musically IMO.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    When it comes to soprano vocalists, Cornell blows the fuck out of EVERYONE. I mean, a lot of soprano rock vocalists have a pussy tone,

He's not soprano though o__O

Here's something coming from a professional:
    http://www.melissacross.com/mailArchive_detail.php?mailArchiveID=10
    Chris Cornell is a BARITONE. Like many accomplished baritones, his command of falsetto is extraordinary.

Based on my personal research, Chris projects his falsetto two octaves higher than it really is (!!!). Not too many untrained vocalists can do that.
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    He's not soprano though o__O

Here's something coming from a professional:
    http://www.melissacross.com/mailArchive_detail.php?mailArchiveID=10

Based on my personal research, Chris projects his falsetto two octaves higher than it really is (!!!). Not too many untrained vocalists can do that.

It's all Greek to me.....all I know is the dude has a really cool voice with a lot of power and range. Whatever you call it, it's good.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-