Options

Embarrassingly sappy love songs you'll admit to liking

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I just have a deep hatred for Def Leppard, and in particular Joe Elliot's voice which is just INEXPLICABLE :D

I thought this song might divide opinion :D

Always thought When Love And Hate Collide sounds VERY Bryan Adamsy......

Not that that's a good thing mind......
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    Delta Goodrem's Lost Without You?

TUUUNE :D
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Eternal Flame~The Bangles
    Delta Dawn~Tanya Tucker
    I Will Always Love You~Dolly Parton
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Natalie Imbruglia- Torn
    Cheap Trick- The Flame
    The Righteous Brothers- Unchained Melody
    Warrant- Sometimes She Cries
    Usher- You Got It Bad
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Natalie Imbruglia- Torn
    Cheap Trick- The Flame
    The Righteous Brothers- Unchained Melody
    Warrant- Sometimes She Cries
    Usher- You Got It Bad
    The Righteous Brothers' Unchained Melody is nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a classic song, stunningly performed.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do it for You)

Sting - Fields of Gold (though it's only borderline cheesy)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options

Love this song...

The lyrics are beautiful.....
  • Options
    Toni Braxton- Unbreak my heart
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Sting's solo career is one of the worst THINGS ever but that is a beautiful song :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Sting's solo career is one of the worst THINGS ever but that is a beautiful song :)

This version just demands tears from you!!!!! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3YVil3Ajjs
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    eva cassidy was surreal, such beautiful music
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    This version just demands tears from you!!!!! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3YVil3Ajjs
    I am generally underwhelmed by Eva Cassidy but her Fields of Gold is pretty damn beautiful.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    Okay, mine is fucking horrible. It's Weekend in New England by Barry Manilow.

There is also this Luther Vandross song about dancing with his father that breaks me up every time.
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do it for You)
    Kindred spirit!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
  • Options
    Journey- Open Arms, Faithfully, Only The Young
    Eagle Eye Cherry- Save Tonight
  • Options
    The Plain White T's-Hey There Delilah

• Options
    neonneon Posts: 11
    Journey- Open Arms, Faithfully, Only The Young
    Eagle Eye Cherry- Save Tonight

Got to agree with Eagle Eye Cherry, also love the 7 seconds song that Youssou N'Dour & Neneh Cherry did awesome.

For cheesy songs that i like got to say Back for Good by Take That how a band so shit could do a good song is beyond me
    I've got memories i got shit

Astoria
    Dublin
    Wembley
    Hyde Park
  • Options
    neon wrote:
    Got to agree with Eagle Eye Cherry, also love the 7 seconds song that Youssou N'Dour & Neneh Cherry did awesome.

For cheesy songs that i like got to say Back for Good by Take That how a band so shit could do a good song is beyond me
    Back For Good is a genuinely good song, agreed.
  • Options
    Alright, I'll say it. Gravity, John Mayer. And pretty much everything John Mayer's done since he started the blues trio.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.