Options

"scott stapp's epic meltdown"

2»

Comments

• Options
    I take issue with all this Scott Stapp bashing...I mean it is true that the music was shitty. His life sucks right now, he tried to blow his fucking brains out for god sakes, don't make fun outta that because depression isn't a funny issue. I do know that from experience. Don't make fun cause his life is shitty right now as it could happen to any of you. He's nearly destroyed his marriage and his career, his health and his life and that's serious. Bash the music and the public persona all you want put draw a line and ripping the piss out of his personal circumstances...

:)
  • Options
    I take issue with all this Scott Stapp bashing...I mean it is true that the music was shitty. His life sucks right now, he tried to blow his fucking brains out for god sakes, don't make fun outta that because depression isn't a funny issue. I do know that from experience. Don't make fun cause his life is shitty right now as it could happen to any of you. He's nearly destroyed his marriage and his career, his health and his life and that's serious. Bash the music and the public persona all you want put draw a line and ripping the piss out of his personal circumstances...

:)

i agree with you to an extent. he deserves to be bashed for his shitty music and his personality (drug induced or not) which resulted in the demise of his band. but i do hope he cleans up and lives a better life. especially for his son's sake
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    " "Every band that ever opened for us pretty much said, 'Yeah, that tour was great, we loved opening for you guys, but Scott never even looked at us.' The Mayfield Four opened for us on one tour. I was talking to their bass player after a show and Scott came over and asked him to get him a Coke. He thought he was catering." "

ouch.
    reading this article made me feel really bad for his band. tho i'd still like to know where dexter holland got his shirt.
    also the more i read it the more i realised (not that i hadn't known before) how eddie is so much on the other side of the spectrum... like two different poles or something... besides, even when it looks like eds had too much wine he still puts on a good show!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    His wife is sweet i will give him that. lol
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    haha, i love Tremonti's response to a Creed reunion, that he never wants to play a Creed song again, and he cant even listen to their music. Just goes to show that Stapp was the "dictator" of the band, pushing them to do what they did not want to...fucking hilarious

all4
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I heard that Chuck Norris teabagged him for looking at his beard the wrong way. That would mess anybody up for life...if they survived.
  • Options
    edeneden Posts: 407
    http://www.rollingstone.com/special/9139515

i'm sure people have seen this. it's on the rollingstone homepage. i've never felt so guilty for laughing at something hysterically than i did after reading this article. i mean.....he tried to kill himself which is always horrible, but i've always felt like scott stapp is one of the truly crappy people in music. not just a shitty "artist", but a shitty person as well

and i figure this is pj related because he's done a horrible job of ripping off their music for years

Ive never understood the hatred for Stapp thing.
    I mean, sure hes egotistical but there are a lot less talented and annoying people in the industry. I feel really bad for him and all of his troubles. He needs to lighten up and try to be a bit less intense, maybe that would help..
  • Options
    edeneden Posts: 407
    enharmonic wrote:
    I heard that Chuck Norris teabagged him for looking at his beard the wrong way. That would mess anybody up for life...if they survived.

Conan OBrians "Walker Texas Ranger" clips ruined Chuck Norris in my eyes for life, gutwrenchingly funny stuff :D