Options

"scott stapp's epic meltdown"

pearl jam rulespearl jam rules Posts: 129
edited January 2006 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/special/9139515

i'm sure people have seen this. it's on the rollingstone homepage. i've never felt so guilty for laughing at something hysterically than i did after reading this article. i mean.....he tried to kill himself which is always horrible, but i've always felt like scott stapp is one of the truly crappy people in music. not just a shitty "artist", but a shitty person as well

and i figure this is pj related because he's done a horrible job of ripping off their music for years
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    He'd become convinced that everyone involved with the band wanted him to die, so that he would become a "Kurt Cobain martyr-type" and boost record sales. "I had crazy thoughts going through my head," he says.

No No No. THey wouldn't sell any more records. He would just become more of a loser.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    tremortremor Posts: 37
    That dude is a loser, and he has serious personality disorders. He's a dick, he thinks he's more important than he is, and plently of other problems. He's done enough stupid things to fill the rest of his life with regret. Hopefully his recovery is for real and he can start being a decent person. He's burned all his bridges so we'll never have to hear any more music from him, but as a human, I hope he's finally learned his lessons and can live the rest of his life as a humble, quiet, polite, former rock star father and husband.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    as much as i love making fun of stapp, us making these comments would only make him feel more self-important if he saw them.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    How the hell did they sell millions of CDs? Who are these people that buy this Creed crap?

I'd be really dispointed to hear that members on this board have purchased a Creed CD.
  • Options
    RVM1245RVM1245 Posts: 32
    He also says he could foresee a Creed reunion someday. Tremonti says fans shouldn't hold their breath.

"I haven't listened to a Creed song in years," he confesses. "I can't stand it. I wouldn't want to play those songs again. It was a complete nightmare. When people from that era get together, it's like a convention of people who went through Nam."
  • Options
    "According to three doctors I've seen since then," says Stapp, "I shouldn't be alive."

Three doctors and thousands of us :D lol muahahahaha ok that was bad, sorry. but still! couldn't help thinking it :P
    "So, Russell, what is it that you love about music?"
    "To begin with... everything" --- Almost Famous

Santiago, Chile:
    11/22/2005
    11/23/2005
    11/16/2011
    04/06/2013
    11/04/2015

Upcoming... New York, MSG, 05/02/2016!
  • Options
    he's weak. it's sad to prey on the weak.
  • Options
    Since this article was written he has gone off the deep again. It is obvious he still has a problem because he will not admit his affection for the cocaine or meth or whatever he is still using.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/2005/12/01/scott_stapp_is_still_an_alcoho.html

http://www.livedaily.com/news/Scott_Stapp_reportedly_brawls_with_311-9241.html?t=6

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/370687p-315063c.html

this all proves one thing once and for all...jesus will get you nowhere
    holier than Thou
    Bring it on cause i'm no victim
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    How the hell did they sell millions of CDs? Who are these people that buy this Creed crap?

I'd be really dispointed to hear that members on this board have purchased a Creed CD.

you'll be suprised, there have been many threats about how everyone is so harsh to him and stuff
  • Options
    "Demons reared their heads, in terms of partying," he says. "I didn't have any boundaries."

Perfect man. Blame the demons or everyone else for your problems. That guy will never change.
  • Options

I had a girlfriend that gave me one for my birthday once.

She's not my girlfriend anymore.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    "even Jesus hates Scott Stapp"
    King of all Douchebags
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    I really feel sorry for the rest of the guys in the band because creed doesnt suck, scott stapp sucks, im glad he released a solo album because now its clearly obvious that scott stapp sucks and is a complete dick!
  • Options
    garypower wrote:
    I really feel sorry for the rest of the guys in the band because creed doesnt suck, scott stapp sucks, im glad he released a solo album because now its clearly obvious that scott stapp sucks and is a complete dick!

Nope, creed really does suck.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • Options
    I love it, even after his meltdown, he still blames everyone but himself:

"My problems were not what ended Creed," Stapp insists. "Creed was ended by egos and people wanting to do their own thing and poor decision-making. You have family members whispering in people's ears, saying, 'You're not getting enough credit.' In every interview I did, I'd say, 'This is easy to do when you're playing with the best guitar player in the world.' I meant it. And I still think he's a genius. But Mark was never happy. He wanted to do his own thing."
  • Options
    Scubascott wrote:
    Nope, creed really does suck.

Yeah, and it was actually another guy in that band that famously dissed pearl jam, not Stapp, as I recall.
    Golden Gate Park 1995 San Jose 1995 Oakland 2 1997 Mountain View 2000 Mountain View 2003 Bridge School Benefit 2003 Philadelphia 2005 San Francisco 2 2006 Bridge School Benefit 2006 Golden Gate Park 2009 Wrigley Field 2013 Oakland 2013 Bridge School Benefit 2014...
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    "According to three doctors I've seen since then," says Stapp, "I shouldn't be alive."

Three doctors and thousands of us :D lol muahahahaha ok that was bad, sorry. but still! couldn't help thinking it :P

is he trying to make himself seem more important than he is...he is trying really hard to be 1/4 Jim Morrison, 1/4 Kurt Kobain, 1/4 Eddie Vedder, and 1/4 douchebag...well he got the last 1/4 right
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    Wow nice publicity stunt.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    "He was singing the words of 'Arms Wide Open' to 'Higher,' and the words of 'Higher' to 'Arms Wide Open'

i could see how he could get confused, that is what happens when all your shitty songs sound the same
  • Options
    JacobJacob Posts: 20
    Yea right, it's more logical that the most hated lead singer in rock music just has alcohol and drug problems for publicity, than maybe having real issues.
    things were different then
    all is different now
    I tried to explain
    somehow...
  • Options
    He tried to kill himself huh? Well, Christian communities will hate him even more now...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options

i am so very much in agreement with you...someone told me the other day that they couldn't tell the difference between creed and pearl jam and I almost passed out right there..
    Hope is the underdog - E.V.
  • Options

this all proves one thing once and for all...jesus will get you nowhere

well i think it's even more funny that in the article he says he hasn't even really been a religious person but was just falling back on religion because his life has consisted of nothing but addictions to different drugs and just overall obnoxious behavior
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    bruce wrote:
    He'd become convinced that everyone involved with the band wanted him to die, so that he would become a "Kurt Cobain martyr-type" and boost record sales. "I had crazy thoughts going through my head," he says.

No No No. THey wouldn't sell any more records. He would just become more of a loser.

"The only difference between suicide & martyrdom is the press coverage"

- the name of the band who does this song escapes me at the moment, but it seemed appropriate for this thread...

Cheers!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    i am so very much in agreement with you...someone told me the other day that they couldn't tell the difference between creed and pearl jam and I almost passed out right there..

really??? ....WOW
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Scott Stapps epic meltdown and Neil Young on the cover...this is the best rolling stone issue in a while...
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    An outstandingly outspoken american christian with a gun fetish? (and if he has sub machine guns its a fetish) very surprising....

" claims Dave Grohl has "a little cock," "

can't stand the good one's can you scott?

Glad he didn't kill himself though.

The music scene needs a "town drunk" that everybody hates.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    whatever.....
    I only clicked on this thread to see who the *%&$ this person was.........

( Who cares about this guy....)
    Donate to Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness today.
  • Options
    That article is funny shit. It made it a better day.
  • Options
    I feel bad for Tremonti, his reputation will forever be linked to Creed. I don't care what you guys have to say, that man is talented.
    I caught a flash of flash of your smile through the fog of a dream, I'll have a hell of a time I clearly see, I can't be by your side, see you when I sleep.
    - Jerry Cantrell "Gone"