Options

New Strokes

2»

Comments

• Options
    The single for juicebox has the song hawaii and it's really super cool, I looooooooooooooooooooove the strokes, my new favourite band, they rule!!!!
  • Options
    This album makes me freaking have a cosmic orgasmic experience, the strokes are the best and ohhh yeah screw the critics man what do they know.... they know jack crack, the strokes are the best!!!!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    you people convinced me to listen to it again. Im wasnt looking for the second coming of the beatles, just a good rocking album. some of you are saying the album is rockin' , but Id like to know where. every song after juicebox (which I love, its vintage strokes) strikes me as slow, drawn out and just looooong.

someone said its a grower, so Ill give it 2 more spins and get back. hopefully I change my tune, I want to like this album so much, so lets see...either way I cant wait to see them live.
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    listened to it again to and from work today. if you skip songs 5, 7 and 9 then the album is great - nice flow all the way through.
  • Options
    MookieJam wrote:
    the bass on 5 is sick....lay off the PCP ok

hell yeah #5 is on the other side and that song rocks!!!!!
    mmmmmmmmmm..... cool bass lines....

ching chiong choon yong yen zang kaw suki yoon yen :D
  • Options
    PJguy wrote:
    strokes lovers are gonna kill me for this opinion but this record sucks ass. its utter garbage. I was really really really looking forward to this album and it completely blows.

I absolutely hate it, and will most likely never listen to it ever again. its that bad. long drawn out slow boring songs. this is my first major disappointment of 2006.

ok, 7 of the first 8 songs (i HATE say anything) have REALLY grown on me :)
  • Options
    Ok, what song does '15 Minutes' sound like?...I can't place it & it's bugging the shit outta me.

...Happy to say it's continuing to grow on me, aside from 'Ask Me Anything' & 'Fear of Sleep.'
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Totally agree.

i second that!
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    Anyone else think they borrowed Barry's 'Mandy' hook on 'Razorblade?' LOL.

...Just on first listen, sounds good...but I'll give my conclusion after a few more listens. (Cuz I know you all care.) haha.

I've been saying that for the last few months...great "sample"!
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    I've been saying that for the last few months...great "sample"!

that song has got me singing non stop

"oh Margie, you came and you found me a turkey, on my vacation away, from workey..."

heehee
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I just bought it. Listening to it for the first time now. Only on Heart In a Cage now, but so far so good. Better than their previous albums thats for sure. Julians voice is much better.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    I just bought it. Listening to it for the first time now. Only on Heart In a Cage now, but so far so good. Better than their previous albums thats for sure. Julians voice is much better.

Well I still hold Is This It! as the very best but I love this album too. Just Is This It! has to me their all time best songs. And it's a lot less predictable.
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    MookieJam wrote:
    the bass on 5 is sick....lay off the PCP ok

bass is sick, the song just puts me to sleep. after 'razorblade' and before 'vision of division', on the other side is just 4 mins and 38 seconds flow killing snooze...

'ask me anything' (#7) would be good if it was only a little over a minute long - where it seems like it going to end - it would be good. after that min and 5 seconds it just doesn't do anything for me. just seems very repetive and boring, plus the lyrics are horrid "don't be a coconut / god is trying to talk to you" (???) and the so simple i knew what the 2nd line was before he sang it "i've got nothing to give / got no reason to live." ::yawn::

killing lies (#9) is zzzzz for me. next to no tempo and there is no hook, plus between electricityscape and fear of sleep - just bad placement

like it or not, that's my opinion
  • Options
    Nothing about this album puts me to sleep, if anything i have not been able to go to sleep because of it, the strokes keep me listening all night and i got to play first thing in the morning...... :)
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I never was into them really...so whatever
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    I love the strokes new album it is really different from the others. It is fucking great.
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • Options
    Strokes #1 in UK:
    New York rockers the Strokes earned their first No. 1 U.K. album yesterday (Jan. 9) with their third Rough Trade set, "First Impressions of Earth." The group reached No. 2 with their two previous studio sets: 2001's "Is This It?" and 2003's "Room on Fire."
    billboard.com
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Still think best track is You Only Live Once i think it's so amazing..also like the guitar on Razorblade
  • Options
    Still think best track is You Only Live Once i think it's so amazing..also like the guitar on Razorblade

1st track very happy an jolly, love it very much, i sure hope they release it as the 2nd or 3rd single.