Tool Setlists

2»

Comments

• vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    I might have some free Tool tickets to giveaway for the Camden, NJ show in September! I don't know for sure yet, but I will know next week! If I do, I will start a thread....it will be a first come first serve basis!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • who's opening for Tool? I'm seeing them tomorrow...

Also, have they ever played 10,000 Days? I looked thru some setlists and didnt see it played...i really want to hear this song
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    THE VANCOUVER SHOW KICKED SO MUCH ASS! the stage IS the screen. its all white and incredbile. do not sit on the floor for these shows. get higher to see the stage trust me. its nuts. youll see what i mean when they get to calgary and edmonton!!!! maynard is at the back of the stage , floor is terrible for these shows.....get into the lower bowl at least 20th row.....you will be blown away!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Isis is opening for Tool. i like Isis SOOOOO much more than Tool.. hope all you going to see them will become Isis fans also.
  • I'm seeing them at Continental Arena on OCT 6. Overslept the day tickets went on sale. But got a pair in section 214 second row on the side of the stage. Ive sat further back in the 100's. But think its better beginning closer to the stage in the 200's theN center stage in the 100's. I hope I'm right. This will be my fourth Tool show.Saw them at MSG in 01, Radio City Music Hall in 02, and the City Center in May.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • humanlighthumanlight Posts: 271
    I saw Tool in Huntington West Virginia and it was the absolute WORST show ever!!!!!! Before you guys give me hell, here is what went down that night...

Tool (at the time) was my 2nd favorite band. We all know who my first was. anyway my very dear friend told me that he saw them in Ohio and it was unbelievable. there were naked gold painted acrobats, light shows, bla bla bla. Then they came here...and nothing. Maynard sat behind the drums and sang the entire concert! He never spoke to us and said "thank you for coming!" He did not talk to us at all, hell we never even seen him. the guitar players did not move. I wondered if they were even people, thought maybe they just placed manicans on the stage. And for the gold naked acrobates, I guess we were not worthy of them either.

I mean I understand that WV may not be the most amazing place to come. But, hell, we paid money just like the other states and we were ready for an amazing show....and honestly got shit!

I hope your experience is better!
    "F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    THE VANCOUVER SHOW KICKED SO MUCH ASS! the stage IS the screen. its all white and incredbile. do not sit on the floor for these shows. get higher to see the stage trust me. its nuts. youll see what i mean when they get to calgary and edmonton!!!! maynard is at the back of the stage , floor is terrible for these shows.....get into the lower bowl at least 20th row.....you will be blown away!

calgary show in a few hours!!!! this thing about the floor though :( i'm 8th row.. i was in balcony last time and the visuals were good.. im more stoked to just see the band play up close this time around..

was it seated in vancouver? chairs seem like they would be weapons in a tool pit lol
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    hey bharq, heres the deal.

maynard stays at the back of the stage in line with the drummer, the whole show. the visuals on the stage are insane. the floor is probably literally the worst seats in the house. you wont be near maynard you will only see two guitarists on either sides of the stage who are not very animated. the whole stage is covered in white tarp and images are projected upon it. if you are up high in the crowd, like lower bowl, last rows, beside the stage(then youll see maynard) these are probably the best seats you can get. the visaul effect of the band being immersed in these visuals is beyond compare. seriously. been to around a hundred shows. never see ANYTHING like this shit tool has goin on right now. get up high. and get high. its like and old sabbath video happening on stage right in front of you. .very very psychadelic.

heres another thing to consider. you now have this information that the floor is not good. others dont. you could sell your tickets at the door or to other people. get "bad" seats in the lower bowl for cheaper. make some money off your tickets and see the show how its meant to be seen. trust me, you are gonna have a blast either way, but for the full effect get up in the lowers, like 23 row or something and make sure you are near the stage.

cant wait for the gorge on sunday!!!! have a great time bharq, if you need more info let me know.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • humanlighthumanlight Posts: 271
    hey bharq, heres the deal.

maynard stays at the back of the stage in line with the drummer, the whole show. the visuals on the stage are insane. the floor is probably literally the worst seats in the house. you wont be near maynard you will only see two guitarists on either sides of the stage who are not very animated. the whole stage is covered in white tarp and images are projected upon it. if you are up high in the crowd, like lower bowl, last rows, beside the stage(then youll see maynard) these are probably the best seats you can get. the visaul effect of the band being immersed in these visuals is beyond compare. seriously. been to around a hundred shows. never see ANYTHING like this shit tool has goin on right now. get up high. and get high. its like and old sabbath video happening on stage right in front of you. .very very psychadelic.

heres another thing to consider. you now have this information that the floor is not good. others dont. you could sell your tickets at the door or to other people. get "bad" seats in the lower bowl for cheaper. make some money off your tickets and see the show how its meant to be seen. trust me, you are gonna have a blast either way, but for the full effect get up in the lowers, like 23 row or something and make sure you are near the stage.

cant wait for the gorge on sunday!!!! have a great time bharq, if you need more info let me know.

Back of the stage is right...this is the one show that made me hate a band that used to love before I saw them live. What visual effects...when I saw them there was nothing but spot lights on the guitar players that did absolutely nothing!
    "F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
    thanks for the info man.... i donno a lot of us are on the floor so i can't see us all swapping.. but lets say we stay on the floor.. is it still seated or is it GA how does that work?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • it was seated floor in vancouver, no ga.
    and i had lower bowl seats as well and had an AMAZING show!! i was close too, and could see everything! row 3 on the side of the stage was PERFECT! i could see all the trippy visuals which was incredible, and the whole band up close! i can't get over how kick ass that show was :)
    you'll have a blast! don't worry about seats, row 8 is still pretty close, if you're kinda tall, you should be fine. just have a blast either way, they sound incredible!
    it was seated floor in vancouver, no ga.
    and i had lower bowl seats as well and had an AMAZING show!! i was close too, and could see everything! row 3 on the side of the stage was PERFECT! i could see all the trippy visuals which was incredible, and the whole band up close! i can't get over how kick ass that show was :)
    you'll have a blast! don't worry about seats, row 8 is still pretty close, if you're kinda tall, you should be fine. just have a blast either way, they sound incredible!

awesome man.. gettin fuckin excited!!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    tjat showwas so fucking good!@# Awooooooo
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    on the last tour, and we're going to Pittsburgh on Sept. 26...also saw A Perfect Circle when they toured last, and I thought it was really interesting that Maynard seems to have alot more interaction with the crowd during the Perfect Circle shows....anyone know why? He talked quite a bit, not like Eddie does, but at least much more so than the previous Tool show I'd seen, and from what everyone is saying about this tour so far....I love Tool and A Perfect Circle...both were awesome shows....can't wait for Pitt!!
    in the rev. maynard days circa '98 he very much played this role and talked and joked around a lot.. my favorite boots of theirs are from around then
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    Who is pumped for the Gorge show tomorrow? Hopefully they pull out all the stops for making us all drive out there!!
  • You are so incredibly lucky to be able to go to the Gorge. In Calgary and Edmonton, they were amazing.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
    GORGE HERE I COME!!! im hoping 10, 000 days!
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    They played Opiate in Edmonton!
    Soooo good.
    I do agree that floor seats wouldnt be good.
    Weird to say that. But hey at least they are giving back to the people
    who are stuck with seats that arent floor. oh and heres a joke from Maynard...
    How do you get a dog to stop humping your leg?
    Pick him up and suck his dick.
    Ewwwwwww......

He had to entertain the crowd cause Danny broke a high hat during a song.
    And they had to do some repairs on the drum kit.

It was an awsome show.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • BUMP!

So what are these guys playing right now?
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    http://toolshed.down.net/tour/

The last few show aren't linked up, but they are pretty much the same as the rest.
  • JamnPearl wrote:
    http://toolshed.down.net/tour/

The last few show aren't linked up, but they are pretty much the same as the rest.

Ugh.

No Opiate, No Undertow, and barely any Aenima and Lateralus. It's basically 70% new stuff, which I'm not crazy about.

bummer.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    i love TOOL and their live shows, but they are one of those bands that play the exact same set every night. Maybe twitch 1 or 2 songs. This is very unfortunate as they have a terrific cataloge to choose from.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16