Tool Setlists

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
edited August 2006 in Other Music
any links . am seeing them in vancouver and the gorge. want to see the recent setlists. any help?
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    http://toolshed.down.net/tour/

I scored row 8 seats on the floor in calgary!!!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    that is a very useful site for tool fans...thanks ...looking forward to the shows...cant wait to see the pot
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • all those setlists were for warm up and festival shows ... expect a slightly longer show in the coming months.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    all those setlists were for warm up and festival shows ... expect a slightly longer show in the coming months.

It'll be interesting...I'm hoping for a good set, I just caught them backin Detroit a few months ago and that show flew by. I think it was because it was during a wk that I had 4 PJ shows so compared to PJ, TOOL seemed to play a short set, maybe it was just me?
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    all those setlists were for warm up and festival shows ... expect a slightly longer show in the coming months.

why should we expect longer shows??

i am going to see them in toronto in sept....can't wait!! my first tool show
    murph83 wrote:
    why should we expect longer shows??

i am going to see them in toronto in sept....can't wait!! my first tool show

I'll be there! Where are your seats?
    Kricket wrote:
    I'll be there! Where are your seats?

section 202, row VV....should be good!

how about u?
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Someone needs to tell Tool to get their asses to Atlanta. Tell Pearl Jam too.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    mwachsman wrote:
    Someone needs to tell Tool to get their asses to Atlanta. Tell Pearl Jam too.

Atlanta? Hmm...... where's that?

HAHAHA...just kidding :)
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    While you're at it tell them to make a stop in Halifax.
    murph83 wrote:
    section 202, row VV....should be good!

how about u?

Ahh man those are nice seats!! Well I don't know what happened that mourning but I was robbed, I got 405 row D...I know! I tryed for about an hr and nothing better came up. So I'm hoping to pull up a pair closer to the show.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i'll be on the floor in Toronto

expect to hear "10,000 days" -- i think they've hinted at playing it in a few interviews and when they do it is going to be quite the moment, just like when they played Pushit in 2001
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    Kricket wrote:
    Ahh man those are nice seats!! Well I don't know what happened that mourning but I was robbed, I got 405 row D...I know! I tryed for about an hr and nothing better came up. So I'm hoping to pull up a pair closer to the show.

the same thing happened with me on ticketmaster. I wasn't settling for crappy seats, i paid a lot for these tickets but it will be well worth it.
    hodge wrote:
    i'll be on the floor in Toronto

expect to hear "10,000 days" -- i think they've hinted at playing it in a few interviews and when they do it is going to be quite the moment, just like when they played Pushit in 2001

that would be awesome. i really hope to hear something that is a total surprise that hasn't been played on the 2006 tour yet, they seem to be playing the same setlist for all the past shows.
  • PJ_PhilPJ_Phil Posts: 84
    I'll be in Toronto.....Section 201....Row A!!! Cant wait!!

Phil
    Shows:

Montreal 2003
    Boston (1&2) 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Halifax 2005
    Boston (1&2) 2006
    Hartford 2008
    Mansfield (1&2)2008
    murph83 wrote:
    that would be awesome. i really hope to hear something that is a total surprise that hasn't been played on the 2006 tour yet, they seem to be playing the same setlist for all the past shows.

seeing those setlists makes you feel pretty great about pearl jam. what a song 10,000 days is. incredible feeling listening to that.

give me my, give me my wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnngsss!!

awesome. i hope they play that.

its weird they would start in california, go to japan, korea and hawaii and then back to bc to !!! im seeing them in vancouver and the gorge. my first two shows. cant wait. really. the new album is just hitting me hard these days, its so good.

anyways, heres to a longer show!
  • i can't wait either! i'll be at the vancouver show. saw them a few months ago at coachella and it was AMAZING! i hope their setlist is a bit different this time around, but either way i'll be happy, they put on a great show. i was supposed to go to the gorge show as well, but due to unforseen circumstances, that won't be happening. hopefully i'll see ya at the vancouver show restlessoul! :)
  • MansMans Posts: 57
    [i am going to see them in toronto in sept....can't wait!! my first tool show[/quote]

I'm gonna be there to!!!! I've seen them three times, and each time it kicked mother F'n Ass!!!
    It's On The Inside And I Can't Get It Off.
  • I would like a longer show from Tool, but I doubt I'm going to get it. They play for 1.5-2 hours max, and they always take a break. Kinda crazy when you consider the lengths of their songs. And hopefully the visuals for the big venue shows don't look like they came from windows media player like they did during the mini tour :P

But I'll see yous in Mansfield and Chicago for them nonetheless.
    murph83 wrote:
    the same thing happened with me on ticketmaster. I wasn't settling for crappy seats, i paid a lot for these tickets but it will be well worth it.

Oh so you didn't get them thru TM?

I thought I was the only one that pulled up crappy seats, everyone seems to be in the 200's and this was the only show that I've gotten in the 400's only to come up.
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Im seeing them on the 25th.
    Its also my hubbies bday.
    They seem to play a lot of the same songs night to night.

Everyone should really stop bitching about PJ setlists.
    Of the bands setlists that Ive checked the last few years
    ie: PJ, NIN, Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Tool, Audioslave and a few more
    PJ is the only band that mixes it up so much every night.

At NIN we new what song was coming next cause we watched the setlists
    everyday before the show. It was to a T. Except when there had to be a
    delay in the show cause of the barricades. They ended up giving us an
    extra song to make up for it.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
    when i went to velvet revolver it was like that too! i had been looking at the shows previous and VOILA what do you know the exact same show for us!

tool will be wicked though. they need to have a set show because of lighting and certain other dramatic aspects of their stage show need to be timed to the music!
  • genevieve wrote:
    Im seeing them on the 25th.
    Its also my hubbies bday.
    They seem to play a lot of the same songs night to night.

Everyone should really stop bitching about PJ setlists.
    Of the bands setlists that Ive checked the last few years
    ie: PJ, NIN, Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Tool, Audioslave and a few more
    PJ is the only band that mixes it up so much every night.

At NIN we new what song was coming next cause we watched the setlists
    everyday before the show. It was to a T. Except when there had to be a
    delay in the show cause of the barricades. They ended up giving us an
    extra song to make up for it.

I definitely agree on Pearl Jam's setlists. I don't know how anyone could complain about them. They are the best performing live band I can think of who I've seen. I think Tool and NIN have better stage shows, but that's different.

Also, when is the last time you saw NIN? I saw them a couple of times towards the beginning of the new tour, and once at the end. I think the last time I saw them, they were MUCH better. They've learned a lot more songs it seems. And they played for 2 hours straight, no breaks. Always a good beating :P
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    calgary show row 8 on the floor!! :D:D
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    Kricket wrote:
    Oh so you didn't get them thru TM?

I thought I was the only one that pulled up crappy seats, everyone seems to be in the 200's and this was the only show that I've gotten in the 400's only to come up.

weird thing was i logged in at exactly 10:00 and had less than a minute waiting time and the best i could get was 400. How did all the 200's and 300's sell so quick. do they reserve the best seats for purchase at the box office or something?
  • bharQ wrote:
    calgary show row 8 on the floor!! :D:D
    September 7 & 8, 2006 in Los Angeles, CA at the Staples Center.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Saturnal wrote:
    I definitely agree on Pearl Jam's setlists. I don't know how anyone could complain about them. They are the best performing live band I can think of who I've seen. I think Tool and NIN have better stage shows, but that's different.

Also, when is the last time you saw NIN? I saw them a couple of times towards the beginning of the new tour, and once at the end. I think the last time I saw them, they were MUCH better. They've learned a lot more songs it seems. And they played for 2 hours straight, no breaks. Always a good beating :P

It was an awsome show. NIN puts a great performance.
    But it sorta sucked knowing exactly what was coming next.

U2 is the same from what I hear. They change it up a bit but no where close to PJ.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Seeing my first Tool show on Sep 21st in Columbus... Sec 114. Should be off the hook!!!

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
    murph83 wrote:
    weird thing was i logged in at exactly 10:00 and had less than a minute waiting time and the best i could get was 400. How did all the 200's and 300's sell so quick. do they reserve the best seats for purchase at the box office or something?

That's the same thing that happened to me and I kept trying for better seats and only lawn came up for the next hr!!! I blame the scalpers!!!!!!!!
    genevieve wrote:
    It was an awsome show. NIN puts a great performance.
    But it sorta sucked knowing exactly what was coming next.

U2 is the same from what I hear. They change it up a bit but no where close to PJ.

it seemed to me that U2 had pretty much two different shows. one for the first night in the city and one for the second with very little variation. i was watching intently and reviewing their setlists and thats the way it seemed to go. one thing was for sure, they only played BAD once in each city. i had to see that song, so i bought tickets to both shows. worth every penny.

as for tool, they play tonight in california , san diego i think and this will give us something to go on as for what they are going to be playing in arena format, not just a festival set.