Marilyn Manson OR Wintersleep

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
edited December 2007 in Other Music
HELP!!!

GIVE ME YOUR HONEST OPINION HERE.

Marilyn Manson and Wintersleep are playing the same night, FEB16th in VANCOUVER.

I already have wintersleep tickets, they were only 10$ however.

The pre-sale for Manson is on wednesday. oh wise ones, please help

What do I do? What would you do?

I'm leaning towards buying manson presale tickets.
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Oh dear me....Why ask?

No contest. You HAVE to see Wintersleep!:D

Marilyn Manson? No way!!!
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • To be honest, I saw Manson in Stockholm just 3 days ago, and the show was really really good.
    I'm not a big Manson fan and all that, but he is damn good live , no doubt about it..
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    hard choice !!!
    I'd go for wintersleep though. I have seen MM 3 times and it was awesome each time. But I haven't seen Wintersleep yet so i'd chosoe them.

Did you yet see one of them?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I've never heard wintersleep before but i would go with them.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Well I'd be going with Marilyn Manson. :D

As a Canadian resident won't you have more frequent opportunities to see Wintersleep?

I don't really know much about wintersleep so I can really only weigh it up this way:

Pearl Jam or silverchair? It would be Pearl Jam every time. Because the chances of me seeing silverchair are more frequent. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • when wintersleep starts selling out stadiums, you'll be able to say:
    "i remember in 2007 when i saw them at the commodore... " ;):p

i understand it's a tough choice.... i haven't seen a full MM show, but i've heard they're good....

i've seen wintersleep 4 times this year already.... but it would still be a tough call.... with my current obsession... it'd be WS all the way... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • when wintersleep starts selling out stadiums, you'll be able to say:
    "i remember in 2007 when i saw them at the commodore... " ;):p

i understand it's a tough choice.... i haven't seen a full MM show, but i've heard they're good....

i've seen wintersleep 4 times this year already.... but it would still be a tough call.... with my current obsession... it'd be WS all the way...

Manson's a hoot! I've seen them a few times and I love that hard, in your face kind of music. I always enjoy the shows however, they've been slipping. The most recent show I saw, which was this past summer, just didn't have the same umph. However, if you happen to see them when they're ON, it's awesome!

civ_eng_girl (who is obviously a BIG Wintersleep fan :D Jeez, she should be doing promotion work for these guys! :p), asked me to accompany her to a Wintersleep show and they were great.

I'd say, if you have heard Wintersleep and like their music, save yourself the ducats on the MM show, and go see an up and coming Canadian band. New bands need all the support they can get so, give them a chance. :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Manson's a hoot! I've seen them a few times and I love that hard, in your face kind of music. I always enjoy the shows however, they've been slipping. The most recent show I saw, which was this past summer, just didn't have the same umph. However, if you happen to see them when they're ON, it's awesome!

civ_eng_girl (who is obviously a BIG Wintersleep fan :D Jeez, she should be doing promotion work for these guys! :p), asked me to accompany her to a Wintersleep show and they were great.

I'd say, if you have heard Wintersleep and like their music, save yourself the ducats on the MM show, and go see an up and coming Canadian band. New bands need all the support they can get so, give them a chance. :)

haha... BE, i wish you had been able to come to the show in Hamilton in October... talk about in your face... wintersleep knocked my socks off that night!! a mindblowing and earsplittingly beautiful full set, compared to the few songs we got at the Horseshoe that night... :)
  • I sometimes like MM's music but I'd go for Wintersleep because I wouldn't enjoy his theatrics..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Wintersleep
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    MM. Not only because he does put on a fantastic show, my gut tells me he will not be around too much longer. He is one of those performers you want to see once.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    That is like comparing apples to a really good band.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    MCG wrote:
    That is like comparing apples to a really good band.

Que :confused:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • I wouldn't pass up Manson for Wintersleep. No way.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    For me...Wintersleep. But I live in England, not Canada, where Wintersleep play every 4 hours. :p

Oh, and i'm not really a Manson fan.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • audiodave wrote:
    For me...Wintersleep. But I live in England, not Canada, where Wintersleep play every 4 hours. :p

yah, the guys are going to swing by my office later and play a couple of tunes... ;)
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    yah, the guys are going to swing by my office later and play a couple of tunes... ;)
    Damn you! :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • everyone has made some great points. Ive never seen either band, IM REALLY into wintersleep right now, A LOT. BUT, i do live in canada as mentioned, manson hasnt been here in like 8 years, i may never see him again, i do have to see him once. i havent bought an album of his since mechanical animals but still love his stuff....but Wintersleep is NOW and relevant to me, do i go just to say i saw manson, or have a great time at the commodore with a band im into now, not was into....so tough....

this makes me want to see manson though...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JExHMskLUO8

but then listening to wintersleep is amazing
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • haha... BE, i wish you had been able to come to the show in Hamilton in October... talk about in your face... wintersleep knocked my socks off that night!! a mindblowing and earsplittingly beautiful full set, compared to the few songs we got at the Horseshoe that night... :)

:)

The 'shoe show was still fun though! Look, I even voted for Wintersleep here--that counts for something. :D
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Manson
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • everyone has made some great points. Ive never seen either band, IM REALLY into wintersleep right now, A LOT. BUT, i do live in canada as mentioned, manson hasnt been here in like 8 years, i may never see him again, i do have to see him once. i havent bought an album of his since mechanical animals but still love his stuff....but Wintersleep is NOW and relevant to me, do i go just to say i saw manson, or have a great time at the commodore with a band im into now, not was into....so tough....

this makes me want to see manson though...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JExHMskLUO8

but then listening to wintersleep is amazing
    See Manson. The fact that you're not as into him right now is exactly why the live show will blow you away. It'll make fireworks come out of yer fuckin' dick.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Saturnal wrote:
    It'll make fireworks come out of yer fuckin' dick.

Dude if something like that happens you should go to the clinic .......and get some sort of prescription! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    audiodave wrote:

Amen to that!!

K, you really need to have a word with the guys if they DO swing by :D:p
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I haven't been a fan of ANYTHING Manson has done since POAAF, which - imho - is one of the greatest "hard rock" albums of all time ...

... but then again, i don't have a comparison, since i was too drunk at a bar in St. John's to make it to the show before Wintersleeps set ended ... actually, i missed the first three PJ songs too (thanks Newfie Joe for being such a drunk and making us late for front row seats to PJ!) ... lol ...

... on the Wintersleep side, i can say that, having had the priveledge of hanging out with them at a bar AFTER the show, they are VERY NICE fellows, and should receive your support ... especialy since Manson hasn't been noteworthy for more than a decade!

:D

lol
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • I haven't been a fan of ANYTHING Manson has done since POAAF, which - imho - is one of the greatest "hard rock" albums of all time ...

... but then again, i don't have a comparison, since i was too drunk at a bar in St. John's to make it to the show before Wintersleeps set ended ... actually, i missed the first three PJ songs too (thanks Newfie Joe for being such a drunk and making us late for front row seats to PJ!) ... lol ...

... on the Wintersleep side, i can say that, having had the priveledge of hanging out with them at a bar AFTER the show, they are VERY NICE fellows, and should receive your support ... especialy since Manson hasn't been noteworthy for more than a decade!

:D

lol

newfie joe!!! lemme guess, he was drinking SCREECH that night.
  • Saturnal wrote:
    See Manson. The fact that you're not as into him right now is exactly why the live show will blow you away. It'll make fireworks come out of yer fuckin' dick.

if i have your guarantee on that, then im in!
  • How do you get presale tickets for Manson?

And to answer your question go for Manson, one of the best, IMO.
  • wintersleep!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • How do you get presale tickets for Manson?

And to answer your question go for Manson, one of the best, IMO.

10am today the password is eatme
  • So whats the big hooplah about Wintersleep? What do they sound like?