Options

David Gilmour

2»

Comments

  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    GlowGirl said:
    In the waiting room for MSG. Four nights here so hopefully, there will be a nice amount of tickets. I thought Monday and Saturday would be most popular so I am trying for Tuesday night. 
    As an out of towner there's no way I want to deal with Manhattan on election night 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,187
    I didn’t get the tickets. By the time I got in there were just a few crappy $400 seats. I will play the waiting game with TM. We all know how they like to drop more seats closer to show time. Or since I live here I will see what is available day of show on resale if need be. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    GlowGirl said:
    I didn’t get the tickets. By the time I got in there were just a few crappy $400 seats. I will play the waiting game with TM. We all know how they like to drop more seats closer to show time. Or since I live here I will see what is available day of show on resale if need be. 
    Looking about the same for me. I'm still in the waiting room for the new show. When I finally got in yesterday prices were jacked.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    Got in. Plenty of tickets but these prices are nuts.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,187
    I just got a decent upper level for Saturday night. There were some great lower levels for $440 but couldn’t do it with all my PJ expenses. So I got a nice Upper for $253. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Cheapest seat for the Hollywood Bowl is $100.....waaaaayyyy in the back.....can barely hear the music
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,187
    edited May 16
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Cheapest seat for the Hollywood Bowl is $100.....waaaaayyyy in the back.....can barely hear the music
    I don't think there were any that cheap for MSG. At MSG I got a section close to the stage, 10th row upper level. I think that should be fine. I have had worse seats at MSG.

  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    GlowGirl said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Cheapest seat for the Hollywood Bowl is $100.....waaaaayyyy in the back.....can barely hear the music
    I don't think there were any that cheap for MSG. At MSG I got a section close to the stage, 10th row upper level. I think that should be fine. I have had worse seats at MSG.

    His shows usually focus on lights/visuals so being close isn't too important, IMHO.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,430
    I’ll just wait till show time to see if I can get a ticket! It’s one train ride for me directly into Penn not a hassle to do
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    Glad saw him at Radio City 8 years ago…MSG $440 for mediocre lowers and $200++ for uppers, no thanks, especially after he talked down the main reason most fans know who he is, 70s Floyd, which he claims to be skipping this tour. 

    And without 70s Floyd, the two post RW albums probably would sound very different, and unlikely he commands $440 face value in 2024. And he had to antagonize another fight by calling High Hopes “as good as anything we ever did at any time.” it’s a fine song, but ok David, you’re not bitter.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    edited May 21
    Lots of rear lowers already under 300 with fees for Monday on the hub of stubs. Things are looking up for that show in particular.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    pjl44 said:
    Lots of rear lowers already under 300 with fees for Monday on the hub of stubs. Things are looking up for that show in particular.

    Just checked stub hub for the Sunday garden show and nothing I can find under $400 for uppers row ten and all lower. With my knee, that’s as high as I can go, not counting the legal weed ;).  The TM for that show is basically limited to $440 for back of venue lowers and extreme side stage. To charge the same $440 for all lowers is brutal, but if he had them at $360 they’d all be gone by now.

    i get he has to charge high prices due to limited number of shows but the price is too much. Will miss you Dave!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    pjl44 said:
    Lots of rear lowers already under 300 with fees for Monday on the hub of stubs. Things are looking up for that show in particular.

    Just checked stub hub for the Sunday garden show and nothing I can find under $400 for uppers row ten and all lower. With my knee, that’s as high as I can go, not counting the legal weed ;).  The TM for that show is basically limited to $440 for back of venue lowers and extreme side stage. To charge the same $440 for all lowers is brutal, but if he had them at $360 they’d all be gone by now.

    i get he has to charge high prices due to limited number of shows but the price is too much. Will miss you Dave!
    You're local, right? Why not the Monday show? It really feels like people bought those to flip, he added weekend dates that aren't sold out, and people now kinda need to dump.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    pjl44 said:
    Lots of rear lowers already under 300 with fees for Monday on the hub of stubs. Things are looking up for that show in particular.

    Just checked stub hub for the Sunday garden show and nothing I can find under $400 for uppers row ten and all lower. With my knee, that’s as high as I can go, not counting the legal weed ;).  The TM for that show is basically limited to $440 for back of venue lowers and extreme side stage. To charge the same $440 for all lowers is brutal, but if he had them at $360 they’d all be gone by now.

    i get he has to charge high prices due to limited number of shows but the price is too much. Will miss you Dave!
    If you think 360 is good you can pay that with fees for 105 row 13 on Monday which is not terrible 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Lots of rear lowers already under 300 with fees for Monday on the hub of stubs. Things are looking up for that show in particular.

    Just checked stub hub for the Sunday garden show and nothing I can find under $400 for uppers row ten and all lower. With my knee, that’s as high as I can go, not counting the legal weed ;).  The TM for that show is basically limited to $440 for back of venue lowers and extreme side stage. To charge the same $440 for all lowers is brutal, but if he had them at $360 they’d all be gone by now.

    i get he has to charge high prices due to limited number of shows but the price is too much. Will miss you Dave!
    If you think 360 is good you can pay that with fees for 105 row 13 on Monday which is not terrible 

    Thanks for the tip, did not check Monday show…not sure I could sell that price to my pals but we’ll see! Hopefully that’s a sign there will be good prices once we get closer to autumn!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Lots of rear lowers already under 300 with fees for Monday on the hub of stubs. Things are looking up for that show in particular.

    Just checked stub hub for the Sunday garden show and nothing I can find under $400 for uppers row ten and all lower. With my knee, that’s as high as I can go, not counting the legal weed ;).  The TM for that show is basically limited to $440 for back of venue lowers and extreme side stage. To charge the same $440 for all lowers is brutal, but if he had them at $360 they’d all be gone by now.

    i get he has to charge high prices due to limited number of shows but the price is too much. Will miss you Dave!
    If you think 360 is good you can pay that with fees for 105 row 13 on Monday which is not terrible 

    Thanks for the tip, did not check Monday show…not sure I could sell that price to my pals but we’ll see! Hopefully that’s a sign there will be good prices once we get closer to autumn!
    I think there will be and am waiting it out myself. Also in the same position with my buddies. I think their max is like 250.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,999
    I'm curious what those who have seen David Gilmour recently think of his shows. First time I saw him was at Massey Hall (2006) and the intimacy was a magical feature. Next time I saw him was at a larger arena in 2016, and I felt it was really quite void of energy. Both he and Roger Waters' shows feel like cover bands to me at this point - but I think Roger Waters' is a better show.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

    EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,384
    benjs said:
    I'm curious what those who have seen David Gilmour recently think of his shows. First time I saw him was at Massey Hall (2006) and the intimacy was a magical feature. Next time I saw him was at a larger arena in 2016, and I felt it was really quite void of energy. Both he and Roger Waters' shows feel like cover bands to me at this point - but I think Roger Waters' is a better show.
    Saw him once in 2016 at Radio City and it was incredible. Hard to compare to Roger because (a) I've seen Roger so many times and (b) if I have to pick one I'm more into David.

    I can't identify with the cover band thing. I'm a massive Floyd fan so it's just a delight to see those guys - the opportunities are dwindling. Same goes for Nick. Will see that show anytime it comes through.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,999
    pjl44 said:
    benjs said:
    I'm curious what those who have seen David Gilmour recently think of his shows. First time I saw him was at Massey Hall (2006) and the intimacy was a magical feature. Next time I saw him was at a larger arena in 2016, and I felt it was really quite void of energy. Both he and Roger Waters' shows feel like cover bands to me at this point - but I think Roger Waters' is a better show.
    Saw him once in 2016 at Radio City and it was incredible. Hard to compare to Roger because (a) I've seen Roger so many times and (b) if I have to pick one I'm more into David.

    I can't identify with the cover band thing. I'm a massive Floyd fan so it's just a delight to see those guys - the opportunities are dwindling. Same goes for Nick. Will see that show anytime it comes through.
    I forgot about Nick! Loved his show as well. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

    EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Sign In or Register to comment.