its a shame what the 40 Year Old Virgin has done to Coldplay

2»

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    but Pearl Jam isn't gay.......:)

I never said they were, nor did I say Coldplay were, I'm just estimating the reaction had it been the case.
    It's a fucking joke at the end of the day, in a fictional film, people take things way to seriously is the point I was making.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    That whole "you know how I know you're gay" bit was totally off the cuff. I read an interview with Paul Rudd later where he'd said he felt bad about the comment because he actually kind of liked Coldplay and now they're the butt of gay jokes. No pun intended. Whatever. People need to lighten up. Coldplay is a shell of their former selves and 40-year Old Virgin was one of the funniest movies in years. No dissent will be tolerated. :D
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 137
    My two favorite bands are Pearl Jam and Coldplay (in that order) I guess I need to go tell my wife I'm Bisexual. Oh She loves them both too.. :)
    This guy wouldn't know magesty if it bit him in the face- Strong bad

www.myspace.com/lastgeneration56
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Man, this thread is gay....
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    It's a shame that some people can't just laugh at a silly joke. :D

exactly what i was thinking.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    It's not even funny, that's what I don't get.. comedy is in a complete rut.

You are so right - only a few decent comedies out there at the moment (My Name is Earl, Always Sunny in Philidelphia, Family Guy and American Dad), especially in relation to movies and British comedy.

Also - I hate Coldplay - sorry!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    The Office (US version), for me, is where it's at. That show is just hilarious.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    It's not even funny, that's what I don't get.. comedy is in a complete rut. Now that's funny.
    Actually it is funny and Coldplay sucks; but you like Blind Melon so that's a plus.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Everything is subjective.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Why is this a big deal exactly? I don't know of any bands that have an exclusively gay fanbase. Clearly a joke.

Oh and they didn't use PJ in the joke due to a lack of falsetto vocals.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I never said they were, nor did I say Coldplay were, I'm just estimating the reaction had it been the case.
    It's a fucking joke at the end of the day, in a fictional film, people take things way to seriously is the point I was making.

Ummmm, I know!! :confused:
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    just gotta say, LOL to all of you defending Coldplay

There music is bad, but the main thing is they pretty much rehashed "clocks" on their second album, and yet "LOOK HOW ORIGINAL THEY ARE /sarcasm"

get over yourselves,

Determining someones intellect from quoting a movie is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    MrSmith wrote:
    40 year old virgin was funny.

coldplpay is good.

thats all.

I didn't see the movie but I agree about Coldplay.
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    The Office (US version), for me, is where it's at. That show is just hilarious.

Definitely. As much as I loved the British version of The Office, the US one has now absolutely blown it out of the water.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    so i was diggin through youtube and saw that Coldplay's new video is in the first few pages of most viewed. so i started it up and let it play a bit. got about a minute into it and thought of this thread...

now keep in mind that i loved coldplay when they first became popular. they had a different and intense sound and were amazing live. i gave X&Y a halfhearted attempt at a listen, but i could not get through it.

all the songs have a very typical Coldplay sound. its like they are re-creating 5 songs 10 different ways for "new material". i still think they are very talented and would like to see them live (maybe if the tickets were less than $30). for now though, i almost feel like Coldplay was a "phase" of my music taste. a very short lived one at that.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    muppet wrote:
    There is nothing more obnoxious and unfunny than quoting a famous film/TV show over and over again.

I'm talking to you, drunk students who like to run around the city shouting "WE ARE THE KNIHGTS OF NIIIIII!"

i agree....lame

just means they can't come up with funny on their own.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks