its a shame what the 40 Year Old Virgin has done to Coldplay

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited May 2008 in Other Music
i am soooooooooooooooooo sick and tired of how anytime someone mentions coldplay in any capacity you are guaranteed to hear "you know how i know you're gay?"

thank god it wasn't pearl jam
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    So what? If it makes me gay in the eyes of someone that I don't know and/or care about, then why should I care?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    but it's funny!! :D
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    It's not even funny, that's what I don't get.. comedy is in a complete rut. Now that's funny.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Coincidently enough, I just watched 40 yr old virgin an hour or so ago. Yea...I agree with the movie.... sorry
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    You know how I know you're gay? You created a thread about how you are gettin tired of how anytime someone mentions coldplay in any capacity you are guaranteed to hear "you know how i know you're gay?"

:p
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    ^^^^ Beat me to it.

You know how I know you're gay? You're mad about the Coldplay joke in 40 year old virgin.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    There is nothing more obnoxious and unfunny than quoting a famous film/TV show over and over again.

I'm talking to you, drunk students who like to run around the city shouting "WE ARE THE KNIHGTS OF NIIIIII!"
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I think I would rather be a fan of Coldplay than a fan of that movie! It sucked so much!!

Did they really think their audience was that stupid that they had to repeat each unfunny joke about 3 times? Actually, people who like it probably are that stupid
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I say fair play to Coldplay. They realise they're 'uncool' and are doing what they can to change that. At least they can admit that they're self-aware and take control to pro-actively organise a drive for more fans. It's quite a courageous thing for a band to be doing in my opinion.

Anyone who uses film quotes to enforce their opinion is hardly the sharpest tool in the toolbox...
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I think I would rather be a fan of Coldplay than a fan of that movie! It sucked so much!!

Did they really think their audience was that stupid that they had to repeat each unfunny joke about 3 times? Actually, people who like it probably are that stupid

40 year old virgin spotted
  • i am a targeti am a target Posts: 808
    it's a shame what coldplay has done to coldplay.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    hobbes wrote:
    it's a shame what coldplay has done to coldplay.

word.

Nice... and...

spnkri wrote:

Idiot spotted.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    ^ argument found :D
  • se7v7ense7v7en Posts: 329
    Anytime I hear someone qoute that line I instantly determine them to be complete moron
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Thanks for the warning.
    I have never seen this movie.
    Now I have another reason not to.
    :p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • 40 year old virgin was funny.

coldplpay is good.

thats all.
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    MrSmith wrote:
    40 year old virgin was funny.

coldplpay is good.

thats all.
    yeah...i like both, its not like you can only like one or the other
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm guessing if coldplay was replaced with Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson no one round here would be raising an eyebrow, such is life.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    I'm guessing if coldplay was replaced with Justin Timberlake or Michael Jackson no one round here would be raising an eyebrow, such is life.

I thought both of those guys were gay!! :eek:
    "What a stupid lamb."
    se7v7en wrote:
    Anytime I hear someone qoute that line I instantly determine them to be complete moron

You know how I know you're.....this is to easy!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I thought both of those guys were gay!! :eek:

And then shock horror, what if the writer had used Pearl Jam instead of Coldplay?!?!?!?!?!?!? this thread would be 20 pages long including threats on said writers life, questioning his inteligence and totally denouncing said film and any future works by him based on that one line.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    It's a shame that some people can't just laugh at a silly joke. :D
  • And then shock horror, what if the writer had used Pearl Jam instead of Coldplay?!?!?!?!?!?!? this thread would be 20 pages long including threats on said writers life, questioning his inteligence and totally denouncing said film and any future works by him based on that one line.

Along with numerous threads explaining how Steve Carrell, Paul Rudd, et al, are in fact the ones who are gay. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    And then shock horror, what if the writer had used Pearl Jam instead of Coldplay?!?!?!?!?!?!? this thread would be 20 pages long including threats on said writers life, questioning his inteligence and totally denouncing said film and any future works by him based on that one line.

lol :D

but Pearl Jam isn't gay.......:)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • but Pearl Jam isn't gay.......:)

We've all wondered about Stone at one point or another. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    spnkri wrote:

I'm 31, you cheeky get!
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Coldplay did it to themselves.