Phish pondering reunion

2»

Comments

• This is bound to fail

With gas being 4 dollars a gallon, who is going to aimlessly follow them around the country?

wanna bet? it won't fail and they'll have an even bigger following than before.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I read a quote a bit back from maybe Trey. Mentioned that "if" they get back together it will just be the four of them. I take that to mean they will be looking to do much smaller scale stuff. Maybe sans label, etc. As mentioned earlier I'm sure the light man will be back on the team (Kuroda).

I know Phish is more known as a live band but even after seeing them 15 times and loads of shows on the hard drive I still prefer the records (call me crazy if you must). On that front, the last two records were dismal, which scares me about new music from the guys. Hopefully the break will be a good thing and not something that should have remained

Looking forward to whatever comes of it either way!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    i totally respect your opinion (and a lot of older phans will agree with you 100%), but just a question, is this based solely on the music or are you also including the scene around the shows/band. I love thier music pre-95 but I think 97-98 are my personal favorites (it gets funkier in those years), but I also have heard that is when the scene went downhill fast (wookies and hard core drugs following the band just to follow them and go to shakedown st, not purely in it for the music)

I would have to say that it was the music for me. The scene was cool but I always had to go home and work the next day too, so I limited my exposure to the scene. My favorite albums are in the order that they were made. So to this day Junta is still my favorite, Lawn Boy next, Picture of Nectar, you get my point. I still remember my first vaccuum cleaner solo. AMAZING. The Tower of Power horn section. How can that suck??!!

sometime around 1995-1996, I started to get mad at the dirty rich hippies that would show up in their parents' BMW and be outside begging for that miracle ticket. Like wtf! I work my full time job, I go to school full time, I drive my piece of shit deluxe car....am I begging you for a ticket???!!! The scene ruined the music for me at that point.

Don't get me wrong. I am so glad to see that they made it from the ground up. They did it on their terms. To see them go from a room of 100 college kids, to 80,000 people was an incredible ride. Like whoa, didn't see that coming. I just thought they were goofy and fun and exactly what I needed at that time of my life.

It's all good.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Hope I get to see them again! I miss those guys.