Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped

2»

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Damnit, I really need to pick this album up now after all the good reviews...got to wait for the cash to be replenished though :(
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Aww I hear ya markymark550. Stupid money! :mad:
    I'd be more than happy to send some tracks your way though if you'd like. ;)
    Lemme know.:D

Alright so the WHOLE album is becoming my "fav track" it seems. :p
    The more I listen to it the more EVERY song has me like 'OMG thats my
    fav"! haah. Of course little Reena has a top spot no matter what but whoa.... Jams Run Free & The Neutral just really, really smacked me upside the head. :o I'm so in love with these 2! The way the guitar and Kim's voice perfecfly dance together is just brilliant. *closes eyes and gets lost in it*

And Nadi, I'm also diggin Do You Believe In Rapture? I love the sweet plucking goodness. The way it all just randomly picks up too?! Aww!!

See! The whole damn thing is amazing!

It's true what they're saying, this thing is Rather Ripped. *flexes*
    :cool:
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • I got a few albums this week and this was one of them.

Great album. Incinerate is probably my favorite song on the album. I like it better than Sonic Nurse. I like how they went back to a 4 piece band.

Every other album I got was great too...Arctic Monkeys, The Raconteurs, Wolfmother, Neil Young, and Live At Easy Street.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Aww I hear ya markymark550. Stupid money! :mad:
    I'd be more than happy to send some tracks your way though if you'd like. ;)
    Lemme know.:D
    I appreciate the offer VEDHEAD27, but I'll just wait until I get the album. It shouldn't be too long with a payday coming soon.....
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I got a few albums this week and this was one of them.

Great album. Incinerate is probably my favorite song on the album. I like it better than Sonic Nurse. I like how they went back to a 4 piece band.

Every other album I got was great too...Arctic Monkeys, The Raconteurs, Wolfmother, Neil Young, and Live At Easy Street.

yeah same here Joey! I LOVE it!! It is kind of 'back to basic w/Sonic Youth' type of deal! This band just kicks SO much ASS! I can't wait to see them again and with these new songs?! WHOA!! :eek:

I LOVE the album the first time i put it on, I knew I would NOT be disapointed in SY! They never let me down:)

Lydi, I am glad that you are enjoying Do You Believe In Rapture? kick ASS song, HELL, every single song on that album kicks ASS!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i've only heard three or four songs, a little like sonic nurse. need to listen to more.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I just picked it up today. I must say that I'm impressed. Sonic Youth just don't disappoint!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
    I just picked it up today. I must say that I'm impressed. Sonic Youth just don't disappoint!

true. i like incinerate and reena.
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    kdpjam wrote:
    true. i like incinerate and reena.
    Reena is a great album opener. It sets a good pace for the rest of the songs.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
    "Turquoise boy, the sky is calling me..~*~*.."
    ..~*~*..sweet isolation in the sun"

:o:o:o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Pink Steam just mesmerizes me:eek: "I just come back to run you over, just come back to make you shiver..." after over 5 minutes of soaring beautifuly building music woah this song kicks arse, also Icinerate glad to see this song getting some love, it really is a solid album from start to finish:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Pink Steam just mesmerizes me:eek: "I just come back to run you over, just come back to make you shiver..." after over 5 minutes of soaring beautifuly building music woah this song kicks arse,

TOTALLY!!!! I loooooove this song. Puts me in a complete trance. :o And just when you're certain it's an instrumental.... it's like WHOA, Thurston's voice? What are you doing here? :eek: haha. He's so gentle with it though, just oozes in perfectly. Still, it definitely runs me over...in such an great way of course. :o "like flowers and cream" Wheeew! Just beautiful!

I'll never get over the perfect way Sonic Youth does this....the vocals and guitar perfectly meshed up against each other, dancing together, feeding off each other, complimenting every single note, every single pitch, every single sound! It just adds such depth and exaggerates the greatness of each in such an amazing way. It's just fuckin brilliant!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

Incierate has been my favorite songs since I first bought the album, it just catches your attention. thurston's voice is very angelic during this song and the guitar riffs b/t him and lee are amazing!! :)

Here is the Late Show performance of this song, I, for one, can't wait to see it performed live!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCpjtYqpWp8
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i listened to the first 6 songs last night and it didn't really impress me a whole lot
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i listened to the first 6 songs last night and it didn't really impress me a whole lot
    that's a first..I think the first 6 tracks are pretty good ones compared to the later tracks.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    hi axl , i'm listening to reena right now. :)
    Um hi kdpjam..sorry to interrupt but I must say, YAY REENA!!!
    :D:D:D

"Lo√e, you know the word

no prob. i can listen to that song all day...
    ha I hear ya! I've been listening to that one non-stop! I actually just listened to it before I left my house a few hours ago...and it was the first thing I put on as soon as I got back. :p haha. Such a cute ass hooky little number. Makes me dance! Makes me smile! :D Ah I can't wait to hear it live!

"Lo√e, you know the word

Reena and Incinerate have been in my head all day long! I am totally humming it since before I met w/VEDHEAD27 tonight! We can't stop talking about this album and these songs!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Reena and Incinerate have been in my head all day long! I am totally humming it since before I met w/VEDHEAD27 tonight! We can't stop talking about this album and these songs!!

that's a good thing :)
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    kdpjam wrote:
    hi axl , i'm listening to reena right now. :)
    hey!
    I actually haven't heard the album for awhile now..might give it a spin later if I have the time between the World Cup hah.
    have the sudden urge to listen to "Lights Out"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Obscured1Obscured1 Posts: 56
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    hey!
    I actually haven't heard the album for awhile now..might give it a spin later if I have the time between the World Cup hah.
    have the sudden urge to listen to "Lights Out"
    Lights out-nice tune, i love lee's solo!!! Some people think the 2nd half of "rR" is weak? Rats,torquoise boy,lights out,the neutral,Pink Steam, just relax,kick back,and enjoy ....
  • Thin Air 211Thin Air 211 Posts: 114
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    that's a first..I think the first 6 tracks are pretty good ones compared to the later tracks.

I agree. I think I enjoy the first half of the album better then the last. Reena does kick ass, yay for sonic youth. Can't wait to see it live!!
    `~.:.~`.History doesn't make something right`~.:.~`