Beck - The Information

2»

Comments

• beck's song loser always makes me think of kurt cobain's death..i think their video loser was on tv when kurt louder interrupted and told of kurt cobains death...r.i.p. kurt cobain
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    mellow gold is still the only beck album i will listen to
  • beck's song loser always makes me think of kurt cobain's death..i think their video loser was on tv when kurt louder interrupted and told of kurt cobains death...r.i.p. kurt cobain
    Mellow Gold didn't come out until a year after Kurt died.. you must be mistaken.

Still sad though, the song does remind me of Kurt often. :(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • mellow gold is still the only beck album i will listen to
    That's funny seeing as how it's easily the worst one. :eek: :confused:

"Make our day"
  • Mellow Gold - 03/01/1994
    Kurt Cobain - 5 April 1994
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i think if you think loser is beck's best, than you have missed something major. just my opinion.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Yeah, Odelay is pretty much known as his best... as for my favorite, it'd go to Mutations. I love that album. So folky and just laid back.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Mellow Gold - 03/01/1994
    Kurt Cobain - 5 April 1994
    yeah I checked it I was a year off :p

"Make our day"
  • Yeah, Odelay is pretty much known as his best... as for my favorite, it'd go to Mutations. I love that album. So folky and just laid back.

mutations and sea change are my favorite 2. mutations impressed the hell out of me. the lyrics are brilliant. great album to chill to.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • mellow gold is still the only beck album i will listen to

People like you make me sick. I hope you are joking. Open up a little bit. THis album is one of his best. No other artist that I know of puts out 6 albums of amazing music in a row like beck has. He has no weakness. How many of pearl jams last 6 albums have been amazing? Pearl Jam is my fav band and I can still say that Riot Act pretty much sucked. Give beck another listen.
    he is consistently inventive! and he's got soul. i'm jammin' out to strange apparition now.
  • noalarms wrote:
    How many of pearl jams last 6 albums have been amazing?
    All 6.

But I agree with your point the Beck is infallable. He should be Pope.

"Make our day"
  • All 6.

But I agree with your point the Beck is infallable. He should be Pope.

5 out of 6. One was really good.
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Yeah, Odelay is pretty much known as his best... as for my favorite, it'd go to Mutations. I love that album. So folky and just laid back.

I love Mutations as well!
  • Regarding this new album....
    ....it was my first listening of Beck at all, yesterday night.
    I was in a car, playing chess with my girlfriend and put the fresh copy of the album in a cd player. It was playing in the background during the hours of chess, and was quiet pleased to hearing Beck.

Nice sounds.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
  • i will say though, an underated Beck song off of Mellow Gold is "Beer Can." That song is amazing. In hindsight you can really tell where he was going w/his sound from that early song.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
    i will say though, an underated Beck song off of Mellow Gold is "Beer Can." That song is amazing. In hindsight you can really tell where he was going w/his sound from that early song.

i love that song!
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    i will say though, an underated Beck song off of Mellow Gold is "Beer Can." That song is amazing. In hindsight you can really tell where he was going w/his sound from that early song.

When I saw him in 2000 on the Midnite Vultures tour, he busted that out in the encore, I was so surprised, I was like "YEEEAAHHHH!!!"

I still think Mellow Gold is a good album, Soul Suckin Jerk is one of my favorite Beck songs. The first time I heard Pay No Mind, I was laughing so hard, with lyrics about toilets overflowing and manure, etc.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • zircona1 wrote:
    When I saw him in 2000 on the Midnite Vultures tour, he busted that out in the encore, I was so surprised, I was like "YEEEAAHHHH!!!"

I still think Mellow Gold is a good album, Soul Suckin Jerk is one of my favorite Beck songs. The first time I heard Pay No Mind, I was laughing so hard, with lyrics about toilets overflowing and manure, etc.

so ahead of his time. definitely my fav solo artist of the past 15 years.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • ^^ Yeah Mellow Gold is terrific but you can't put it past any of his other records.

"Make our day"
  • How about when Beck busted into "one foot in the grave" on SnL the other night. In '97 at Edgefest in Summerset, Wisc. I yelled for OFITG and actually got it. They must have heard me. Then after the show I got drunk and stoned at the campsite and made out with my hot ass girlfriend at the time. Where have the good times gone?

Claphands.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • kdpjam wrote:
    i love that song!

Have you heard the Beercan maxi-single?

It has the alternate version of Pay no Mind called "Got no Mind" I love that version.
    NERDS!
    Have you heard the Beercan maxi-single?

It has the alternate version of Pay no Mind called "Got no Mind" I love that version.

sounds good. i'd like to hear that! i also liked pay no mind..
  • kdpjam wrote:
    sounds good. i'd like to hear that! i also liked pay no mind..

I'll find a way to get it to you ;)
    NERDS!
    thanx that'd be cool.