remember the Hives and the Vines?

2»

Comments

• jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    I don't think The Hives are trying to make a "comeback"...lots of bands take a few years off between albums and also The Hives kick fuckin ass, "Tyranosarus Hives" is a great album.....best live show around, they play fast as hell, but they play clean and they definately understand showmanship
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    i still remember when The Strokes and At The Drive In were going to be the next big thing

still wondering when is supposed to happen exactly.

At The Drive In kicked ass....http://youtube.com/watch?v=TpdZMuDFEt0

..And Mars Volta kills...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i just bought the vines latest, melodia. its rather good. i love it. braindead has become my fave track. cant wait to see/hear this live.

merrygoround is a quiet loud quiet ditty.

jamola is a solid piece of 57 second noise followed by the semi acoustic sounding true is the night that sounds so typically vines.

other songs im liking are get out, hey and manger.

as there always are there are the quiet songs including a girl i knew and A.S.III, which fans will recognise as an ongoing theme from past albums.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    release30 wrote:
    At The Drive In kicked ass....http://youtube.com/watch?v=TpdZMuDFEt0

..And Mars Volta kills...

watch the late show performances in related videos.....killer
  • I wish I could forget about the vines.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I wish I could forget about the vines.

might help if you stop posting in threads about the vines. :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    i still remember when The Strokes and At The Drive In were going to be the next big thing

still wondering when is supposed to happen exactly.

yeh the strokes were big at one point

but different between all these bands is that at the drive actually deserve to be big. Hardly anything can touch relationship of command.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    yeh the strokes were big at one point

but different between all these bands is that at the drive actually deserve to be big. Hardly anything can touch relationship of command.

I can't even imagine how great it would have been to see them live when they were touring on that album
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    jasonw wrote:
    I can't even imagine how great it would have been to see them live when they were touring on that album

Sick shows no doubt....
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Vitalogy7Vitalogy7 Posts: 75
    MrSmith wrote:
    yeah, me either.

i thought they were supposed to be the next big thing. what happpened to them? I liked that one Hives album a little, but their other albums suck. And I thought i liked the Vines until i saw them on TV. the lead singer definately wins the prize for person i most want to punch in the face. What a Cobain clone.

thumbs down for thinking they were the next big thing in the first place. ;(
    "Up here so high the sky I scrape,
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest,
    Just like innocence."
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    jasonw wrote:

amen!
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    The Vines are good, check out the song Spaceship

The Hives are alright but almost all their songs sound alike which gets real boring, the stupid matching suits is too gimmicky as well.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    hobbes wrote:
    as far as the hives go. they could blow pearl jam off the stage. stateside they play pretty good sized venues but in europe and the rest of the world they play big venues (sell them out) and are typically one of the better draws at festivles.*

Well...The Vines weren't so shit hot when I saw them a few years ago in Detroit. The sound was so aweful...I walked out after 3 songs. Luckily enough I walked accross the street to the bar and saw The Black Keys and had my face blown off FOR FREE!!!

Perhaps The Hives should spend a little less time standing in front of the mirror grooming their hair, and pretending to be The Stooges, Stones, Kinks, and Pretty Things, and actually learn how to tune their guitars.

Pearl Jam could wipe the floor with this band any day of the week.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    hobbes wrote:
    as far as the hives go. they could blow pearl jam

Adjusted
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    hobbes wrote:
    as far as the hives go. they could blow pearl jam off the stage. stateside they play pretty good sized venues but in europe and the rest of the world they play big venues (sell them out) and are typically one of the better draws at festivles.*

Well...The Vines weren't so shit hot when I saw them a few years ago in Detroit. The sound was so aweful...I walked out after 3 songs. Luckily enough I walked accross the street to the bar and saw The Black Keys and had my face blown off FOR FREE!!!

Perhaps The Hives should spend a little less time standing in front of the mirror grooming their hair, and pretending to be The Stooges, Stones, Kinks, and Pretty Things, and actually learn how to tune their guitars.

As much as i hate to say it I think the hives are a better live band than pearl jam