The Beatles - LOVE

2»

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I love the album, and I hope more bands follow by putting out their music in 5.1. One thing I didn't notice that I think would be nice is to have music come out of the speakers at different times - take full advantage of 5.1 like movies.

Does the beattles DVD do this and I missed it?
  • i really loved it when i first listened but lately i realised that i ll always prefer the original versions instead of those.but still love it:)
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    DOSW wrote:
    Yep. It just means the album is produced for set-ups that have 5 speakers and a subwoofer. If you're just playing it out of a two-speaker computer, CD player, headphones, whatever... it won't make a noticeable difference.

And in this case it's also a DVD-Audio mix which means higher resolution than standard CD, as well as Dolby or DTS can give you.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    they were musically creative and ambitious before they were doing drugs. the drugs only ehanced it. and revolution 9 is an easy target. you can't come up with much more than that.

Okay how about this gem? I'm sure they were really sober.

"I dig a pygmy by Charles Haltrey and the Deafades...Phase 1 in which Doris gets her oats."
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • As a sidenote.....

"Happiness is a Warm Gun" is the best Beatles song ever. I love that song.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
    Okay how about this gem? I'm sure they were really sober.

"I dig a pygmy by Charles Haltrey and the Deafades...Phase 1 in which Doris gets her oats."

...or just 4 goofballs who went straight from that into "Two Of Us" on the album. Hell of a way to start an album.
  • BinFrog wrote:
    ...or just 4 goofballs who went straight from that into "Two Of Us" on the album. Hell of a way to start an album.

We're on the same page BinFrog, no argument here that the Beatles are anything less than the best band ever, but don't try and tell me they weren't high.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
    We're on the same page BinFrog, no argument here that the Beatles are anything less than the best band ever, but don't try and tell me they weren't high.

I would never. But at that phase in their careers they weren't into studio trickery and head-on experimenting (both with music and drugs) like they were from 65-68.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    this is the album from the cirde(whatever) vegas show, right? im in vegas for a couple of weeks, may be i should go, has anyone seen it?

sorry for lagging for so long...but i just saw it the other night and i enjoyed it. in fact i hadnt even heard about the album yet until i saw the show and came home and snatched it. the show really makes the album stand out much more vividly as a whole. it's a great performance and highly recommended. but then again, i didn't pay for it and its kinda pricey. it definitely got me into a beatles groove for the past few days..for the first time ever it caused me to really appreciate the band and learn more b/c in the past id always just been a casual listener. the closest thing ill ever come to seeing a beatles concert i guess is probably why i liked it.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    "The Beatles were the Oasis of the 1960's" - Liam
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    sure.
    agree on all counts. it is different, and i enjoy it for being different....but still...part of me can't escape from the originals. in fact, i will say the first opening track annoys me. the long pauses...infuriating! :p also, i am so accustomed to certain tunes following others, it definitely throws me off. i do LIKE it though, and i like some of the mixing of tunes, or the layering of tunes...other music...etc. i can't stop listening to it, so that says something. eh, i just adore the beatles, no matter how you slice it. :)
    It really is just another way to take in the greatness that is the Beatles. I know what you mean by expecting certain songs to follow certain pieces of music and whatnot...but I got over that quickly. The opening track 'Because' is great I think....then the slowed pause....and then it just kicks your ass with some 'Get Back'. I really like the whole thing....I too can't stop listening to it. :)
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Blackbird into Yesterday is brilliant!
  • the tomorrow never knows/within you without you track is great. I don't think i'll ever be able to listen to the original within you without you again
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    fanch75 wrote:
    "The Beatles were the Oasis of the 1960's" - Liam

He doesn't believe that does he :eek:

I was out at a bar with friends from work one night and this yahoo says "the Beatles are over-rated". People at the table actually choked on their beers.

Anyways, I too passed this album by while shopping sure I'd get it too. Not but I will go pick it up. I noticed there were two different prices. Does one come with a DVD?
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
    bookmuse wrote:
    He doesn't believe that does he :eek:

I was out at a bar with friends from work one night and this yahoo says "the Beatles are over-rated". People at the table actually choked on their beers.

Anyways, I too passed this album by while shopping sure I'd get it too. Not but I will go pick it up. I noticed there were two different prices. Does one come with a DVD?

1 version is just the CD, and another has the CD plus a DVD-Audio 5.1 mix.