Hottest Men of Rock

Comments

• leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    I didnt like any of them at all!
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    over_bends wrote:
    I didn't check the list but Chris Cornell should be number one no doubt. Even though I am straight, I'll admit he is a sexy sexy man. So easy on the eyes. Dreamy.

The fact he and Ed are not on the list disqualifies it totally. I had a CC photo up as wallpaper for a while on my computer at work and four co-workers said, "Wow, who is that? with eyes wide and well they think he's really hot." Little do they know he has written some great songs and has one hell of a voice :D

Morrison - yep
    Rose (shit Slash is hotter), Simmons, Bowie (even though I love this guy)etc -WTF - surprised Jagger didn't make the list ;) Mark Slaughter was hotter than any of them -LOL :D

How about Plant, Joe Perry, Dave Navarro's is hot -there are so many more but yes no CC or Ed Ved-for shame.

I'm female.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    That list is stupid. My top ten would be:

Eddie Vedder (PJ)
    Matt Cameron (PJ)
    Jeff Ament (PJ)
    Anthony Kiedis (RHCP)
    Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)
    Scott Weiland (STP)
    Daniel Johns (Silverchair)
    Robert Plant (Led Zep)
    Sting (Police)
    Bono (U2)

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    hippiemom wrote:
    Wtf?! Gene Simmons?! AXL ROSE?!!?! And who the f is Pete Wentz, I never even heard of him. I'd like to know where he buys his eyeliner though, it's purrrrrdy!

Morrison is the only one that belongs on there. Bruce is cool, never thought of him as "hot" though.

Pete Wentz, I think he is the guitarist? or whatever, he's in Fall Out Boy. He is sooo not hot. He's like 5 foot nothing and looks like a girl, seriously. He took a picture of his 'manhood' and someone got access to his Sidekick (PDA) and posted the pictures online. Why do you need to take a pic of these things, did he forget what it looked like?

Axl Rose wasn't even sexy back in the day, it was all about Slash. Gene Simmons is no longer hot. Morrison was hot, but as noted, he's deceased.

Bruce was sexy during Born in the USA phase. I was too young to recall his heyday in the 70's :)

I don't find Bon Jovi hot. Richie Sambora is hot. (I am all about guitarists ;))

John Rzeznik needs to be on the list :) And Mikey! Where is the looove for Mikey? Jeff was hot in 1992. (Sorry AmentsChick!!!)

Weiland is not hot. Weiland needs a hamburger :-)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • women think any guy in a band is hot no matter what they look like...beats the hell out of me why but that's what it seems like.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    Allie02 wrote:
    Weiland is not hot. Weiland needs a hamburger :-)

I am referring to that STP Unplugged show from the early 90s. Weiland looks healthy, and is sitting on this large throne like chair. He looks and sounds great. :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,451
    E.K wrote:
    That list is stupid. My top ten would be:
    SPEEDY
    Eddie Vedder (PJ)
    Matt Cameron (PJ)
    Jeff Ament (PJ)
    Anthony Kiedis (RHCP)
    Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)
    Scott Weiland (STP)
    Daniel Johns (Silverchair)
    Robert Plant (Led Zep)
    Sting (Police)
    Bono (U2)

:)
    not a bad list..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    E.K wrote:
    I am referring to that STP Unplugged show from the early 90s. Weiland looks healthy, and is sitting on this large throne like chair. He looks and sounds great. :)

ha! I remember that. He still never did anything for me. Back in that day I had a crush on Jeff in the 'floppy hat' era :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    women think any guy in a band is hot no matter what they look like...beats the hell out of me why but that's what it seems like.

Not any guy. Keith Richards-not hot. Jagger, no longer hot. Playing a musical instrument, sexy, hot, yes, but they do actually have to look somewhat good, as well. Plus 'hotness' is in the eye of the beholder. Lots of women find, say, Steven Tyler, hot, but I never got that. He doesn't do anything for me either.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    not a bad list..........

Sorry for leaving out Mike. He's got great biceps though. :p

Allie02 wrote:
    ha! I remember that. He still never did anything for me. Back in that day I had a crush on Jeff in the 'floppy hat' era :)

The time I watched the STP Unplugged show was also the first time I watched the Pearl Jam Unplugged show. I still remember how I felt when I laid eyes on Eddie the first time. :p

Allie02 wrote:
    John Rzeznik needs to be on the list :)

Yes :)
    women think any guy in a band is hot no matter what they look like...beats the hell out of me why but that's what it seems like.

Actually, some of the ugliest guys I have ever seen are in a band.

You know who really gives me the willys(sp?) - Paul Stanely of Kiss but really there are some really unattractive men in rock bands but on the other hand there are Chris Cornell, Ed Vedder, Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Cat Stevens (back in the day)...
    E.K wrote:
    The time I watched the STP Unplugged show was also the first time I watched the Pearl Jam Unplugged show. I still remember how I felt when I laid eyes on Eddie the first time. :p

wow.. yeah I remember that Unplugged! Great stuff!

Yeah to me Ed's always been hot and ...and I think 'older' mature men are super sexy... woo hoo...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    E.K wrote:

I'm saying :) Hee hee. But not super skinny back in the day Mike, that wasn't sexy. Modern day Mikey :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • what no LEMMY FROM MOTORHEAD?
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    E.K wrote:

Hey, what about Stone? - he stopped wearing those scrunchies:D Pearl Jam actually is one of the most attractive bands on a whole.
    what no LEMMY FROM MOTORHEAD?

OMG that is hilarious! Really some of the ugliest men have been in bands...

What about that singer from the Scorpions, Dio, all of Twisted Sister
    bookmuse wrote:
    Hey, what about Stone? - he stopped wearing those scrunchies:D Pearl Jam actually is one of the most attractive bands on a whole.

Geez .. ok Stone as well. I draw the line at Boom though. ;)

• emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    wow...that list is complete shit. gene simmons? i mean come on now, this must be a joke.

except for jim morrison. i'll give them that ;)
  • emily18 wrote:
    wow...that list is complete shit. gene simmons? i mean come on now, this must be a joke.

except for jim morrison. i'll give them that ;)
    ladies are all about the tongue these days...no penis no worries..but you better have a nice sized tongue.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,451
    20 years ago i thought TOMMY SHAW was the hottest chick in rock........

hehehehehe...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Well the hottest man in rock for me is Chris Cornell...........
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688

hehehehehe...........

HAHAHAH!!!!!
  • Mel1979Mel1979 Posts: 17
    *shakes head at the poor list*
  • Born2Jam wrote:
    Agreed.

It's pretty bad when Eddie Vedder gets beaten out by a guy who's been dead over 35 years.
    :p

hes probably used to it. he gets beaten by kurt cobain at everything and kurts been dead for 13yrs
    ladies are all about the tongue these days...no penis no worries..but you better have a nice sized tongue.

This is what non well endowed boys tell themselves to feel better.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    Allie02 wrote:
    This is what non well endowed boys tell themselves to feel better.

LMAO :D

meh.... for me Eddie and Jeff are #1 (they have to share first place ;))
    the rest of "men in rock"..... meh.
    (except for Stone, Mike and Matt that is.... i think, between the five of them, PJ are in fact an incredibly good looking band :))
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    ed
    gavin rossdale
    brett scallions formerly of fuel (gavin and brett both have really clear skin for old farts -- no wrinkles or large pores, he is on the right in this pic of the x's)
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/65mustangTS/the%20xs%20vienna%20july1906/TheXs4Smaller.jpg
    dave navarro has a nice bod but i do not care for his tatoos (pm me for a link to the pics of him i took in january)
    brian vander ark for his voice and talent (he needs to shave that beard off!)
    stone gossard with long hair
    dave a. (woo hoo! I have an old video that I watched so many times from the early nineties, I can't believe it still plays, maybe I need to make 4 backups?)
    carl bell of fuel
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153

hehehehehe...........

i just saw styx in concert in november. tommy shaw is timeless. he does not age.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • BaxAbbyBaxAbby Posts: 2
    This is funny that I just found this thread this morning. Just last night I had a dream that I was cooking dinner and Eddie walked into my kitchen and we had a lovely time talking and kissing. It was like he was my boyfriend for many years in the dream....sigh....

I also have a wierd thing for Flea. I'm not sure what that's all about...